Fleetwood Mac remasters... finally!!!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Claus, Mar 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John Carsell

John Carsell Forum Resident

Sure.

As Grant put it "excessive peaky midrange."

A Night On The Town Sounded so harsh and unnatural (way too much high end) that I got rid of it real quick and never bought any others in the remaster series.

Not my cup of java by a long shot.

If you wanna buy the other 3 titles, don't let me stop you.

2. Kym

Kym Former Resident

I concur! Fleetwood Mac has great, warm bass for an older pressing, and Tusk, although an ADD recording, sounds pretty good on the existing CD, too!

3. czeskleba

czeskleba Senior Member

Is there just one cd version of the Fleetwood Mac album, or was it ever remastered a la Rumours?

4. Kym

Kym Former Resident

My copy has no RE-1 on the inner groove...

5. LarryDavenport

LarryDavenport New Member

The Boston Tea Party discs are great and they are in HDCD.

6. Peter D

Peter D Forum Resident

And maybe they'll restore "I Know I'm Not Wrong" to its original mix.

7. Grab the early 1990s Castle U.K. 3 CD set called "Fleetwood Mac - The Blues Years". Covers all their CBS albums, singles and selected tracks from the "In Chicago" 2 LP set. Be careful though. There is another CD package floating around also called "The Blues Years", not the same.

8. GuyDon

GuyDon Senior Member

Another possible bonus inclusion for Tusk would be the alternate take of Not That Funny that slipped out (accidentally if memory serves) on the import cd5 of Paper Doll.

9. -=Rudy=-

-=Rudy=- ♪♫♪♫♫♪♪♫♪♪ Staff

Wasn't Tusk originally recorded in digital (multitrack)? I thought it was. The original LP release I have sounds fantastic. Kept it mainly for the full-length "Sara", but just listened to it recently and it still sounds fine.

10. bartels76

bartels76 Forum Hall Of Fame

The full-length of Sara isn't on Tusk just on the Greatest Hits/ Best Of/ Box Set comps right?

11. John Carsell

John Carsell Forum Resident

Yeah it's on The Chain (25 years) box set.

12. BradOlson

BradOlson Country/Christian Music Maven

The full length Sara's first CD appearance was on the 1988 Greatest Hits CD. I bought Tusk on the original 2 LP set more recently and this does include Sara in its full length version, of course.

13. bartels76

Gotcha. I didn't know if the put the full-length version on the Tusk CD on one of Warner's "secret" remasters. I was about 3 when that song came outand I used to play that song over and over again until the 45 wore out. It was my favorite song when I was a little kid.

14. -=Rudy=-

-=Rudy=- ♪♫♪♫♫♪♪♫♪♪ Staff

Even though I don't care for Stevie Nicks, I still like to have the full version of "Sara". I haven't played the Tusk CD in many years, but I bought the very first CD pressing of it when it came out. Was "Tusk" (the song) also an edited version on that one? I thought "Sara" was the only casualty to shortening.

I don't know if I'd buy the remastered CD or not, but would consider it more if I knew both tracks were restored to proper length.

15. BradOlson

Sara was the only track that got edited on the Tusk CD and according to the book Oldies on CD "I Know I'm Not Wrong" is not remixed and the disc is AAD. Still, I'm content with the LP of the album.

16. bartels76

If you don't want to spring for Tusk, the full-length version of Sara is on the Very Best of and the Greatest Hits.

17. BradOlson

Used vinyl of the Tusk album is plentiful out there as well.

18. LarryDavenport

LarryDavenport New Member

Has there been official word that remasters are really happening?

19. BradOlson

Pause and Play is an official source and they are scheduled for June 24.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.