Fleetwood Mac S/T 1975 Super Deluxe Edition Announced (Inc.5.1 Mix)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Myke, Nov 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Almost Simon

Almost Simon Forum Resident

Not that impressed with the box itself, the tightness as mentioned. Also as you look at the back of the cardboard where the cd sleeves are stored it looks poor quality, all bent. I don't know, perhaps i'm complaining a bit too soon. Its the same format box as the Rumours set, that just seems nicer.

I'll wait until over the weekend when i can fully listen to the music. Just a bit unimpressed with the packaging remembering this is a £40+ set. Time will tell.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
    Tartifless and ccbarr like this.
  2. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

I understand all the discussion about DD and all that. But it'd be nice to read some reviews of the Fleetwood Mac S/T 5.1 mix. That being open minded reviews focusing on the SQ of the 5.1 mix and not the disc and audio format [​IMG].

Earlier I listened to Genesis' Invisible Touch in 5.1 from the SACD. Great album but the SQ is LOUD and bright! I'm finding that it's not always the disc and audio format that makes the biggest difference in regard to the quality of the surround mix.

Bill

Juggsnelson, JimW, ccbarr and 2 others like this.
  3. ccbarr

ccbarr Forum Resident

My set arrived today, just got done ripping the 24/96 for my Pono and the rest of the CDs. Really looking forward to listening to this, the bonus cuts look fantastic. Nice to finally have the whole collection, they look nice sitting together on the shelf. Lindsey Buckingham's solo album Go Insane also arrived today, so I'll be having quite the Fleetwood Mac weekend! :righton:

4. Tartifless

Tartifless Forum Resident

Mine also seems bent in the middle horizontally, seems to be right between the 2 cd rows.

5. Tartifless

Tartifless Forum Resident

And the lp is warped, doesn't surprise me with the tightness !

6. Sixpence

Sixpence Zeppelin Fan

Listened to the lp along with the cds. The jem of this is CD 2 with the early takes. Wonderful performances. Great to hear Lindsey on his Les Paul (clean - neck pickup) on Monday Morning.

7. Rick H.

Rick H. Raised on AM Radio

I’m listening to the second CD on Apple Music. Sounds real good. Like listening to this great LP on release day. Good one Band.

Mr. Explorer, Bevok and ccbarr like this.
  8. ccbarr

ccbarr Forum Resident

The 24/96 mix sounds great on my Pono. Guitars are sharp and clear, bass and drums have power and the vocals are amazing. Gonna listen to the album again!

Mr. Explorer and Juggsnelson like this.
  9. ccbarr

ccbarr Forum Resident

Sorry for the double post, but Stevie's vocals on the early version of "Landslide" are phenomenal, what a bonus track.

Mr. Explorer, jammincrowe and Myke like this.
  10. John Rhett Thomas

John Rhett Thomas Forum Resident

How did it seem there was nothing worth including for bonus material on this album? Interesting how the 2004 reissue had scant extras.

Still waiting for shipping confirmation from Amazon UK.

11. ccbarr

ccbarr Forum Resident

I have to say so far I am very pleased with the bonus tracks, but as you said I wasn't getting my hopes up based on the 2004 reissue. I really am glad they gave this album the real deluxe treatment, finally! Hope your set ships soon, sucks when it is the weekend and you are waiting on shipping.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  12. RupertPupkin

RupertPupkin Forum Resident

oh nice! I have to listen to this 5.1 mix...
    So this 5.1 mix contains in comparison to the stereo remastered version on CD1 some spoken/chat intro.. ?
    Is it the only song which have this particularities or is there some other songs ? (longer/extended fade out, etc...)

13. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse Thread Starter

Gettin' antsy here. They hit my card yesterday, yet no dispatch. :cussing:

14. RupertPupkin

yeah! that's this footage I was thinking (which I have in pro-shot but with time-code). It would have perfectly fit with such deluxe box set. Really sad that Fleetwood Mac missed each time the opportunity to release some footage whereas proshot footage does exist. And I won't talk about Stevie Nicks outfits on this one, but girls and guys will agree that watching Lindsay playing those amazing guitar solo... Too bad that they only released "Rosebud" documentary with Rumours...
    I REALLY hope (let's cross the fingers) that one day a live Blu-Ray/DVD will come out with one 1975 or 76 show and the 1977 show (also circulating with time-code)... Both are amazing performance with jawdropping version of Rhiannon (for the 1977 show especially)

blueslover99, JimW and head_unit like this.
  15. Bevok

Bevok Forum Resident

Been listening on Google Music, absolutely beautiful, especially enjoying the simple early renditions on disk 2. Such a treat to get this, amazing hearing such crisp music for the first time from over 40 years ago!

Rick H. likes this.
  16. head_unit

head_unit Senior Member

When was this 5.1 mix done? Recently? I was in the studio where they remixed Rumours to 5.1, it sounded FANTASTIC there, OMG how did I not buy that DVD-A disc before it cost more than a Bitcoin?

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  17. JimW

JimW In the Process of Becoming

There haven't been a ton of reports on the 5.1 mix so far, but they've all been very positive.

18. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse Thread Starter

Hymie the Robot and JimW like this.
  19. JimW

20. RupertPupkin

I've just noticed that the CD2 - early studio take of "Rhiannon" has just the same spoken intro at the beginning ?

are the studio outtakes also on the DVD 5.1 and available in 5.1 mixes or is the original album mixed for the 5.1 different (with spoken intro, longer fade out) vs the original remastered album from CD1 ?

21. blueslover99

blueslover99 Forum Resident

I agree...after the Rumours box, I was looking forward to more video in the subsequent sets. I don't know if it was the fact that footage is owned by another company or that source material couldn't be located, it was a lost opportunity. Hopefully we see some dvd releases in the future.

22. JimW

OMG- the drama over at QQ re: the 5.1 being DD is off the wall. Not having lossless hi-rez is a big issue for surround fans, but DTS is bare minimum; offering only DD is a red hot button.

Funny thing is, the few reports we've gotten from folks who've actually heard the mix are all very positive.

Looking forward to more reports on it. Thinking I'm gonna regret cancelling that Am-UK order (which had nothing to do w/ it being DD- only about being forced to buy things I don't want).

Seems like there's lots of excitement over the stereo offerings, so if the reports on the 5.1 continue to be positive, I'll need to get this.

Thanks everyone for your info. Keep 'em coming.

Juggsnelson likes this.
  23. pablohoney

pablohoney Forum Resident

How is the vinyl sounding guys? Is it as good as the previous recent re-issues?

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  24. Red

Red Forum Resident

Those Burbank Studios songs are fantastic listening, IMO. "Why" sounds fabulous!

25. Almost Simon

Almost Simon Forum Resident

That's nice with the actual ending rather than fade and Stevie's "good one, band!" comment at the end. :cool:

Rick H. likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.