Fleetwood Mac Tour 2018/19*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by PRW94, Oct 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

i've heard it around here a handful of times over the last 25 years

2. Liam Brown

Liam Brown Forum Resident

"doon't dream it's over"

3. breakingglass

breakingglass Forum Resident

Not sure why all the consternation over what’s a hit, what’s on the setlist, who shouldn’t do what. I love that Stevie and the band want to reimagine their BMW classic. Mike Campbell sounds great on it too. I applaud the band for an ambitious setlist and intergrating two new members.

4. Paul Gase

Paul Gase Everything is cheaper than it looks.

Used to be a radio staple. Less so but I still hear it.

5. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

Please NO!

Matthew Tate likes this.
  6. That’s great

Clanceman likes this.
  7. wildstar

wildstar Senior Member

I couldn't really imagine this song would suit Fleetwood Mac, and it seems like they agreed, since Fleetwood Mac isn't actually playing it - that is just Finn backed by some of the auxiliary singers/players with only Nicks joining in for the final minute of the song.

8. Maidenpriest

Maidenpriest Setting the controls for the heart of the sun :)

Bloody Hell I count 9 People playing on stage !!!:eek:

9. Socalguy

Socalguy Forum Resident

Lotsa stunt musicians...

somnar, Matthew Tate and Irish-Matti like this.
  10. Clanceman

Clanceman Forum Resident

Great perspective.

Well, I’ll be there Sunday for Lindsey.

Curious...did you travel from UK just for these shows?

Revolution Hall is an incredible jewel of a venue here in my hometown. Proud that this legend is kicking things off in my neighborhood.

I’m really torn.

I saw Stevie Nicks solo at the Moda Center last year. I never miss FM.

I’m born in 65’. Lindsey Buckingham FM is my FM. Most of what I love, he’s at the center of. Without him I don’t go back and appreciate pre 75’ Mac, I just don’t.

Prior to this thread I was not seeing FM, and cannot believe that I get to see Lindsey Buckingham in an 850 seat theatre in Portland. How? How were there even obstructed seats available?
    It’s as if he’s playing under a pseudonym or something.

I can’t wait for Sunday.

Sad it’s how it is. But man...some of you here have me wanting to snag tickets for Mac now...maybe...just maybe.

Have fun, Sunday! I’m pinching myself.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
    Peachy, raphph, Fullbug and 1 other person like this.
  11. TheLazenby

TheLazenby Forum Resident In Memoriam

Sounds like a case of "Roger plays in the same town as Pink Floyd's Momentary Lapse tour" syndrome..... anemic band or not, people are sticking with the anemic band.

12. wildstar

wildstar Senior Member

Mick said that in preparation/rehearsals for the "Time" album tour, 'Black Magic Woman' was suggested and John McVie veto'd it for fear that many people actually would think they were doing a Santana cover.

Duophonic and gregorya like this.
  13. Clanceman

Clanceman Forum Resident

I’m a “maybe” on the FM show.

The near equivalent of a private event w LB for 1/2 the price...I can’t wait.

This thread has piqued my interest re: FM, setlist, etc...

mikedifr0923, Peachy and raphph like this.
  14. anth67

anth67 Purveyor of Hogwash

The extra guitarist is what bugs me. WHY? Two isn't enough? I don't want to be guessing which guitar(ist) I'm hearing.... :rolleyes:

Matthew Tate likes this.
  15. Socalguy

Socalguy Forum Resident

People laughed when it was suggested that it would take 2 guitarists to replace one Buckingham. Apparently it takes three.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  16. MikeVielhaber

MikeVielhaber Forum Resident

No, Lindsey has had a backup for decades. In fact, I believe it's the same guy who 's been there since The Dance. He decided to stick with FM instead of going with Lindsey.

Fullbug and mikedifr0923 like this.
  17. Irish-Matti

Irish-Matti Music Lover Since Birth

It has long been my understanding that Fleetwood Mac never toured for the "Time" album. Which is one reason why, Christine's gems from "Time" are famously unknown.

18. MikeVielhaber

MikeVielhaber Forum Resident

Correct. They toured the year prior to the Time album. I think they probably played a a song or two from it, but Christine did not participate.

Irish-Matti likes this.
  19. raphph

raphph Taking a trip on an ocean liner…

Well not just these shows. I often come out to the US and take in weeks of shows and take photos. This is one of many tours

Clanceman likes this.
  20. wildstar

wildstar Senior Member

I just checked and it seems they toured on and off for almost a year and a half prior to the release of the album, strangely ending their touring cycle just one month before the album was released. Weird.

Regardless, it WAS the 'Time' lineup - aside from Christine, which is also weird. So she was out of the band (this lineup) for probably like approx a year (give or take) before recording started, then rejoined just to record the album, which they never bothered to promote.

I had assumed she recorded the album, then quit. But I guess she actually quit the band, THEN recorded the album. :wtf:

Last edited: Oct 5, 2018
    Shak Cohen and Irish-Matti like this.
  21. Clanceman

Clanceman Forum Resident

That’s awesome, man.

I’d like to go abroad more often to see my favorite bands. I’ve done it a few times....but not for weeks. Good for you!

Been to Portland before? If not, welcome. You’ll dig it. Check out our record stores. If you have been here before, welcome back!

I definitely think you’ll enjoy Revolution Hall. It’s a converted High School...completely remodeled for shows with 2 bars & a restaurant. It’s become my favorite small theatre here,

Have fun!

22. lee59

lee59 Member Envy

Mixed emotions about this.

I appreciate that they are digging into the pre-Buckingham/Nicks era to celebrate the bands legacy. Excellent.

On the other hand, the inclusion of Crowded House/Split Enz songs doesn't feel right to me. I was worried about this when I heard about Finn being added to the line-up.

If Finn is going to contribute to the FM legacy it needs to be with FM material and/or new songs devoted to the band.

And I still don't know why they didn't approach Nils Lofgren instead of Finn/Campbell.

Clanceman likes this.
  23. HotelYorba101

HotelYorba101 Senior Member

Watching these videos on this thread so far.... I still just am not into it. Not to repeat it over and over again, but Buckingham's guitar work just really was the shining the start of the band the past few years, at least to me based on the shows I saw

It just sounds... off to me musically. Like they are all competent musicians and as a guitar player I love all the guitarists there on stage, but together in the context of FM, I think I am going to follow Mr. Buckingham's tour venture instead

Matthew Tate, lee59 and Clanceman like this.
  24. Irish-Matti

Irish-Matti Music Lover Since Birth

The craziness of Fleetwood Mac never ceases to amaze me.
    Right now they are engaged in a major Nostalgia Tour with no new material.
    I predict another double live CD as the end result. Yippee!

I'll be at Lindsey's December show. No plans for FM in March.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2018
    Matthew Tate and Clanceman like this.
  25. HotelYorba101

HotelYorba101 Senior Member

Hearing all these videos, The Chain in particular, without his guitar work and vocals reminds me of when I saw Guns N' Roses and they had three guitarists all switching off trying to cover Slash's leads throughout the night. Just like Slash, it is apparently taking multiple guitarists to do half the job Lindsey did live

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.