Flipper TV Show

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Rick Bartlett, Aug 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John54

John54 Senior Member

I may have seen bits of it once or twice, but not on porpoise.

926am likes this.
  2. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

If you added an R-rating and nudity, I would pay to see this show.

EdogawaRampo likes this.
  3. Commander Lucius Emery

Commander Lucius Emery Forum Resident

I know I watched several episodes but couldn't name a plot to save my life. I remember the theme song and Flipper "cackling". Looking it up, it's only of the many shows of that era with a single dad raising children. How many of those shows were there back then? "My Three Sons", "Bachelor Father", "Family Affair"

4. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

It was basically Lassie, but with a Dolphin instead of a dog.

dewey02 and Vidiot like this.
  5. EdogawaRampo

EdogawaRampo Senior Member

Back in my cult days I was assigned the Indonesian Stink Badger as my animal spirit totem and I've always thought that might make a good TV show character like Lassie or Flipper. You know, a real smart stink badger that gets into mischief and has adventures and gets revenge and sprays bad people.

The opening theme could be a Flipper knock-off:

"They call him Aali, Aali, faster than lightning
    All who he sprays, must shower for days
    They call him Aali, Aali..." etc.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
    rockinlazys, Gumboo and thxdave like this.
  6. x2zero

x2zero Forum Resident

I remember the boys always swimming in cut-off jeans, even as a kid I knew this was a bad idea, talk about jock itch...

rockinlazys likes this.
  7. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

I bought the first season dvd set a few years ago, mostly because it was inexpensive and I remember liking the show a lot as a kid. It's no more lame than lots of tv shows of that era, and it does have some nice scenery. A little goes a long way, though. I can't see myself wanting to own more of it than I already do.

8. OnTheRoad

OnTheRoad Not of this world

[​IMG]

HEY !!! Anybody found my throng rind ?

[​IMG]

Hey Bud...you look over there...but be very careful...it's sublime and the wrong kind !

Oh Andy !

9. seacliffe301

seacliffe301 Forum Resident

We definitely watched it when I was a kid. I remember it being one of the early shows that were in color.

10. drmark7

drmark7 Forum Resident

Coincidentally, FLIPPER has recently started showing again on THIS-TV. In the wee 5am or so hours. It has been on either Me-Tv or Antenna-TV before.

11. jeffrey walsh

jeffrey walsh Senior Member

Watched this for the first time and knew nothing about it prior, disturbing and disgraceful.

12. Gretsch6136

Gretsch6136 Forum Resident

I loved Flipper when I was a kid back in the '70s. I used to race home from school to see it every day at 4pm. As an Aussie kid, the Florida quays seemed like another planet, and Porter Ricks was super cool. He had a cool uniform, a 4WD and a boat - what's not to like?

The lifestyle that Bud and Sandy led was enviable and my buddies and I took to wearing cut-off jeans. My dad installed an above ground pool and my friends and I used to re-enact scenes from Flipper in the pool. Two of us would be Bud and Sandy and one would obviously be Flipper! My mum still tells embarrassing stories about how amusing it was to look out the kitchen window at the pool and see one of us surface from under water doing the Flipper noise!

When we got bored of re-enacting Flipper in the pool we'd move onto Man From Atlantis or that Japanese cartoon about the underwater kid who used to chew oxy-gum (can't remember the name).

There was a feature length movie about Flipper that preceded the series. Luke Halpin (Sandy) was the only actor from the movie to reappear in the series.

I'd love to see this series again.

rockinlazys and Gumboo like this.
  13. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Naw, we actually did this in Florida. Not that big a deal.

14. milankey

milankey Forum Resident

She was only 14-16 years old then. I'll be seeing you in hell.:laugh:

15. Gordon Crisp

Gordon Crisp Forum Resident

Don't worry guys, even God thought that was awesome.

Ghostworld likes this.
  16. BLUESJAZZMAN

BLUESJAZZMAN I Love Blues, Jazz, Rock, My Son & Honest People

I watched the re runs back in the 80's. Happy memories!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.