For the huge Tori Amos fan...

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by KeithH, Dec 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aceman400

aceman400 Power to the Metal

All Hail Dean - You the King!

I've used USPS Global Express Guranteed probably costs $30 or so.

Man, Ebay and Paypal must have taken a nice chunk out of that Final price.

Congratulations,
    Aaron

2. Dean De Furia

Dean De Furia Senior Member

The fees for both came to about $300. Still, I can't complain!

3. TSmithPage

TSmithPage Ex Post Facto Member

Hell, if someone gave me $6000 for a CD and lived in England, I'd hand deliver it to him! Of course, I just like going to England, but think of the shopping spree you could have on Tori's behalf...

4. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

Hand delivered sounds nice to me....! :D

5. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

Holy cow!!

No offense, but when I saw the final bid, I thought you'd be screwed by a non-paying bidder. Glad you got the $$. Still, I wouldn't take any chances on him backing out his Paypal money.

That is a huge chunk of change. I've spent some outragous money on A/V gear before, but I don't think any CD could provide me with $6000 worth of pleasure ;)

6. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

Looks like your 2nd highest bidder is a huge Tori fan as well.

7. Roland Stone

Roland Stone Offending Member

Trust me, this guy already has the music in one format or another. He wants that sealed longbox. He ain't ever taking it out of the cellophane.

8. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

Two words:

Museum piece.

9. teaser5

teaser5 Cool Rockin' Daddy

So Dean:
    Tell us the story on this piece please. Where did you get it and when? What did it set you back? Did you know what you had when you found it?
    I have seen a boot of this CD before but never a sealed LB.
    Congrats!
    Norm

10. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now Thread Starter

$6200+ for the disc sealed in a longbox. A used original copy, not the bootleg, usually goes for $150-200. I'll take a used copy. :)

11. Dean De Furia

Dean De Furia Senior Member

About 8 years ago I was browsing in "Coconuts" in Littlefalls, NJ. I was there about 2 minutes when I started flipping through some discount CD's in longboxes in a endcap bin. I ran across the Tori CD and couldn't believe my eyes. I've never been a Tori fan but I knew the story with this Album from reading a story in Goldmine. I didn't know exactly what it was worth but I guessed I could get about $500 for it.

I poured through the rest of the bin hoping to find another copy but it was the only one.

It was $2.99.

I walked to the checkout and was very excited with my find. I kept it a couple of years and I was planning to put an ad in Goldmine to sell it for $800 but I was too lazy to put it in.

Fast forward to 1999 and I was surfing EBAY and I say a sealed longbox cutout YKTR go for $900. It inspired me to list mine. 7 days later it ended at $5700. I never could get the deal finished with the winner as he couldn't come up with the money. I was frustrated and left it in the top of the closet until last week when I figured I could try again. I'm doing a house renovation and thought I could use the $ to help pay for it. Needless to say, I was in shock when I got home Christmas Eve and saw it ended at $6200. I was even more in shock when it was paid for the next morning!

So that's the story of the $6000 CD.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.