Forever Changes - Love (Elektra)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Jackie P, May 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fitzysbuna

fitzysbuna Senior Member

I stumbled into Love by accident and have never regretted it ! brought a raven records Comp cd many years ago because I wanted to hear another version of Hey Joe to compare to the Jimi Hendrix version ! hated Love's version but loved all the rest of the songs so then I picked up Love story and the rest is History!

2. EndOfTheRainbow

EndOfTheRainbow I Want To See the Bright Lights Tonight

I like the album, have listened to it for years, but find it a bit quirky, it doesn't sound like anything else to my ears.

3. florandia

florandia Forum Resident

I got into LOVE as a 14 year old in 68, I bought the single 'Your mind and me belong together b/w Laughing stock', in a department store sale [ prob cost 2 shillings or 10 pence in decimal money } I loved this single and played it to death and then discovered there was more by this wonderful band and bought my first copy of 'Forever changes' as soon as I had saved up my paper round money.
    Back in the late eighties I found a reissue mint copy of 'Forever changes' in a thrift shop for 50 pence.
    Mark Hollis of Talk Talk fame must have bought that same single as he named his bands last album 'Laughing Stock', apparently in homage to Arthur lee and co.
    'Your mind and me ' features a blistering closing guitar solo , I would love to know who the soloist is ?

4. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

My buddy Johnny Echols. Great guy, great player.

5. zobalob

zobalob Senior Member

Johnny Echols (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnny_Echols). This CD reissue http://www.amazon.com/Forever-Changes-Love/dp/B000058983/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1385342902&sr=1-1&keywords=love forever changes has a bonus track that should interest you, "Your Mind And We Belong Together (Tracking Sessions Highlights)". There is also a 2CD release available which includes an alternate mix of the album which is mastered by our host as well as the bonus tracks from the single CD reissue .

Edit, I see that Steve beat me to it :)

florandia likes this.
  6. elaterium

elaterium Forum Resident

I like this album, always have, but there is really some insipid lyric writing. "When I was in Londontown, the rain fell right down. I looked for you everywhere, till I'm not around".
    "...and I'm lost in confusion, cause my things are material" etc.
    I think the last song is by far the strongest.

7. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

Wish I had a time machine.. love two.jpg

8. I believe this album is coming to SACD.

9. Paul W

Paul W Senior Member

I own it and it is on my I-just-don't-get-it list, along with "Allmans at the Fillmore", anything by the Doors and "Pet Sounds".

10. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

DAMN! what a great show that must have been! me too! I would have loved to been there...

11. DCW

DCW been a-boogeyin' since I ditched the stroller.

The Johnny Mathis sound was intentional, and it's good!! It works.

I'm a big fan of the record, and think highly of Lee and MacLean as writers.

I can't imagine any music fan of even moderate enthusiasms having not yet heard "Forever Changes", but what do I know?

rockerreds likes this.
  12. katstep

katstep Professional Cat Herder

Be persistent.

13. old school

old school Senior Member

How about the solo on " Live And Let Live"? Echols is very underrated.

14. chacha

chacha Forum Resident In Memoriam

yikes

Revolver likes this.
  15. chacha

Me too! But I wonder if Love showed up.

16. old school

old school Senior Member

You just took out some of the greatest albums of the late 60s and early 70s! I just don't get those comments why even post?

bobcat and Randy Goldberg like this.
  17. Michael

yea right....they were the Headliners!...now that really would have sucked if they didn't!:laugh:

18. Jupiter

Jupiter Forum Resident

Love this album (no pun intended).

19. action pact

action pact Music Omnivore

Johnny seems like a totally right-on dude. I like his posts on Facebook.

20. chacha

I say that because I went to a show where they were the headliner and didn't show up.

21. Michael

O' OK! still any headliner not showing up would still suck!:laugh:

That really had to be a drag.

22. Revolver

Revolver Forum Resident

I'm speaking comparatively with past issues.

I played this for my four year old and she totally LOVEs it.

23. florandia

florandia Forum Resident

Thankyou ,both, for the info.
    Johnny Echols should have shredded a lot more , 'Your mind' is one of my favourite guitar solos ever and, unlike most solos, makes sense within the context of the song.

24. Paul W

Paul W Senior Member

Because not everyone agrees that these are "some of the greatest albums of the late 60s and early 70s"...... Not all posts have to be lovefests. Just because someone happens to like a certain band, performer or song doesn't mean that all subsequent posters in that thread have to like that band, performer or song.

Lots of others in this forum don't "get" 'Pet Sounds' either....

kdl6769 likes this.
  25. BarnabyMoo

BarnabyMoo Well-Known Member

This is one of three albums that clicked with me immediately, instantly, on first listen.

I first heard it during the hot summer of 2003 and have never looked back. I consider it faultless.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.