Forgotten TV reboots

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by jupiter8, Aug 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

No Return to Hogan's Heroes yet.

2. JFS3

JFS3 Senior Member

Or My Mother the SUV.

3. Commander Lucius Emery

Commander Lucius Emery Forum Resident

There was a 1997 Showtime version of the 1960s lawyer show starring Beau Bridges and Martha Plimpton as the grandchildren of E G Marshall's character. Marshall died shortly after the start

4. Avenging Robot

Avenging Robot Senior Member

Agreed, I was really disappointed when they cancelled it.

5. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

I loved it as well. Malcolm was great; he played the role totally differently.
    Got my wife into it as well and she hated the original and McDowell gave her the heebies ever since she saw Clockwork Orange.

6. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

she was a cutie. Great legs, I will confess to occasionally watching her, but the show was really really cringe-worthy.

7. Maggie

Maggie like a walking, talking art show

There were two attempts at a reboot prior to that, one with David Hasselhoff and one called Knight Rider 2010 in the early 90s. Neither made it past the pilot stage.

8. SonOfAlerik

SonOfAlerik Forum Resident

You should have her watch Calligula.

9. I'm still waiting for Hochmann's Heroes, the reboot set in a death camp proposed in the MAD parody of Hogan's way back when.

10. Commander Lucius Emery

Commander Lucius Emery Forum Resident

It isn't a reboot per se but it is interesting that when Mary Tyler Moore finally got her wish to play a divorcee in 1985's "Mary", the show folded after 13 weeks. Had some recognizable cast members in James Franciscus, Katey Segal and John Astin.

11. greelywinger

greelywinger Osmondia

Knight Rider 2010 was a 1994 TV Movie that had no real connection with the original. The Knight Rider 2008 TV series should not be confuse with KR 2010.

Darryl

12. Scooterpiety

Scooterpiety Ars Gratia Artis

How the hell could any sane person think this was a good idea?

13. Wayne Hubbard

Wayne Hubbard Forum Resident

One of my favorite episodes. An All-star character actor cast.

mdm08033 likes this.
  14. greelywinger

greelywinger Osmondia

I've always like this one..

Love how the t-shirt keeps changing.

Darryl

Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
    mdm08033 and stereoptic like this.
  15. AKA

AKA Senior Member

16. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

That wasn't even as bad as the earlier Mary show, done as a musical at CBS around 1978:

Horrible, horrible, horrible show. Even having David Letterman, Dick Shawn, and Michael Keaton as sidekicks didn't help. And by all reports, Mary herself was miserable and difficult to work with.

The 1986 sitcom with Katey Sagal was actually OK, not terrible; it was written and created by Ken Levine and David Isaacs, veterans of M*A*S*H, Cheers, Frasier, and many other fine TV shows. But it just didn't work. I think this might have been one of the first Sagal co-starring role on TV.

17. FredV

FredV Senior Member

Lucille Ball tried a reboot of her Lucy character in a new series but it was painful to watch her try to re-attempt at her age the physical comedy she used to do.

18. Benno123

Benno123 Forum Resident

As blah as Sanford was it does contain one of my favorite Fred Sanford scenes. After faking heart attacks for years he has a real scare and goes to the hospital. When he comes home Cal lectures him on faking heart attacks and how he needs to stop. When Fred opens the bill and sees it he says something like "Just one more time?!"

19. Obtuse1

Obtuse1 Forum Resident

Another gem from UPN:

Love Boat: The Next Wave

20. Remurmur

Remurmur Music is THE BEST! -FZ

I can truly say that Gary Busey...scares me ...

21. milankey

milankey Forum Resident

22. AKA

AKA Senior Member

Speaking of The Mary Tyler Moore Show, ABC was going to pick this up as a series if the telemovie was successful. (Spoiler alert: it wasn't, neither commercially nor in the ratings).

23. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Oh, I worked on that show for three months. Very sad experience. The editor and producer I dealt with were terrific; it's always the nicest people who are stuck on the worst shows.

So help me, I called the show Death with Lucy for weeks. Just jaw-droppingly bad. But during the pilot, the producers were totally convinced the show was going to be on for years and years and years, just like all the previous Lucy shows. They had no clue how out of touch, awful, and unfunny the show was.

24. Remurmur

Remurmur Music is THE BEST! -FZ

Last edited: Apr 10, 2014
  25. Gilbert Matthews

Gilbert Matthews Forum Resident

This couldn't have lasted long. I certainly don't remember seeing it.

jupiter8 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.