Fostex Tweeters

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by jcmusic, Jul 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jcmusic

jcmusic Forum Resident Thread Starter

Anyone here have expirence with or using these tweeters? The 90A's to be more specific?

2. KT88

KT88 Senior Member

I have. I took a pair of Cain & Cain Single Horn Ben loudspeakers in on trade. The Fostex tweeters were an optional component for the other "full-range" Fostex driver. The tweeters made the system more extended and improved imaging a bit but nothing could cure the ugly of the overall sound of those IMO. I almost never like a horn speaker system and these were no exception. Very poor response and tonal balance. The tweeters might have been a decent fit for a proper 2 or 3 way system in need of some additional top end extension. They are quite efficient so would require a bit of tinkering to get the level and response curve desired. Not sure of your intent, but if it's to build an adjustable 2-way system and you don't really need high efficiency, I'd look elsewhere.
    -Bill

3. jcmusic

jcmusic Forum Resident Thread Starter

Hi Bill
    Thanks for replying and the insight, my intent is to put them on top of my current 3way system to see if they improve the frequency response I am seeing in my measurements. Also to try time aligning them to the mid horns and hear if there is any improvement.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.