"Frequency" an old Dennis Quaid movie that still chokes me up

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by mpayan, Aug 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DigMyGroove

DigMyGroove Forum Resident

I’m pretty sure it’s just the one season. There was a brief coda at the end that tied up loose ends.

Michael likes this.
  2. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

excellent! as I was hoping!

3. DigMyGroove

DigMyGroove Forum Resident

Enjoy, it’s a winner IMHO.

Michael likes this.
  4. Michael

thanks...my wife wants to watch it as well..she's a fan of the movie.

5. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

On Fox just a couple of years ago
    (or, as they would call it: "Losing faith in the show in 3...2...")
    You can almost set your watch by which ones they're not gonna cancel once they get a fan contigency going.
    Then again, I'll watch anything with Payton List in it...

6. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude

You should love it..... Anyone who says that type of thing IS NOT POSSIBLE is basically saying they can explain the universe and why we are here!! (Which they cant)

Its an excellent movie!! (Especially for when it came out)

Michael likes this.
  7. Michael

I agree...

Dude111 likes this.
  8. Michael

watched the first 2 episodes and it is fabulous...love the way it following the movie but with a female lead...I like her and her Mom who was in Resurrection TV series...

9. Michael

you called it! yes!

Dude111 and DigMyGroove like this.
  10. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

Ya know, the one thing I don't recall seeing in a time-travel show for the longest time, is a plot without a paradox twist. You know, return to the present, and everybody's walking around in velcro suits, riding giraffes, or something...

11. mmars982

mmars982 Forum Resident

Just finished it. Really good movie, which could have ended up being silly in the hands of lesser actors. Jim Caviezel is great too. Was that his first starting role?

I was a little freaked out seeing Michael Cena as a child, even though he is only in it for a minute. That voice and that face don't go together!

FVDnz and Michael like this.
  12. Michael

glad you enjoyed it but i knew you would!
    movie info on Jim:
    Jim Caviezel - IMDb

Dude111 likes this.
  13. mmars982

mmars982 Forum Resident

I saw he had some credits before this, but they look like smaller roles. Oldest movie I remember seeing him in is Angel Eyes with J Lo.

Michael likes this.
  14. Michael

The Passion IMO was his biggest movie role.

mmars982 likes this.
  15. FVDnz

FVDnz Forum Resident

LOVE this movie. I never get sick of it. Also, Elizabeth Mitchell from Lost played Dennis Quaid's wife in the movie too. As for Jim Caviezel (talented actor), he also appeared during the climax of The Rock as one of the fighter pilots who fired on Alcratraz.

Michael likes this.
  16. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

My father was a big amateur radio user. Every Sunday morning he's fire the thing up and talk to his group of associates. They'd do a lot of community service volunteer work. For instance, on Halloween they'd stake out bridges crossing over the New York State Thruway to prevent kids from tossing pumpkins into traffic and causing accidents. One time I remember seeing Dad on the local news, sitting in his car with a walkie talkie looking for trouble-makers.

I know my father was eager to see this film when it came out due to it's premise. I did not see the film until just last year, as Dad had died and the premise of speaking to him again via his magical radio was of particular interest to me. It still is, as I really wish I could resolve some things with him and find some closure.

It was a pretty good film, though not quite great. I wonder what Dad thought of it. Now I'm feeling blue again.

TheVU, budwhite and Michael like this.
  17. Michael

do you have is Short Wave radio?

18. Brian Mc

Brian Mc Member

Saw this a couple of times I guess back when it first came out. Loved it back then. Now I'd like to see it again

TheVU and Michael like this.
  19. Michael

yea threads like this bring new life to an old movie...you wanna see it again! LOL...I watch it whenever I'm in the mood...it holds up beautifully.

Brian Mc likes this.
  20. Michael

I forgot about that!

21. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

Its at my Mom's house.

Michael likes this.
  22. Michael

O' OK...gotcha. If only...

23. Michael

OK, I have a question? since Frequency has been canceled by Netflix after the First Season does Netflix END this PROPERLY? after watching 13 episodes it would royally suck if they just left it up in th air with no ending! we're in 8 episodes so far. : ) thanks!

24. Rick Bartlett

Rick Bartlett Forum Resident

I only went to see the film at the cinema because I heard there was a Garth Brooks song
    in the film. I'm a bit of a Garth fan.
    Loved the song, and really loved the movie too. I watch it quite errrrr..... Frequently.....
    :cool:

Michael likes this.
  25. Michael

: )
    Frequently...love it.

Rick Bartlett likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.