FX gets new Charlie Sheen comedy "Anger Management"

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by soundboy, Oct 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soundboy

soundboy Senior Member Thread Starter

From msn.com....

2. jackaroe

jackaroe Active Member

Winning!

3. TeacFan

TeacFan Forum Resident In Memoriam

..and so is Conan..basic cable :o

4. RockWizard

RockWizard Forum Resident

Still see Sheen returning to "Men", that is if the damn show isn't cancelled. Ratings dropping every week. Hello....Dallas!

5. heatherly

heatherly Well-Known Member

I'm a huge Sheen fan, but I'm not too excited about this new show. But I thought the film was one of the worst I've seen so I have no expectations.

It'd be nice if he came back to TAAHM since the new season is just horrid. And not all of it is Ashton's fault, just terrible writing.

6. easyge

easyge Senior Member

I just read on Yahoo that Two 1/2 Men is still in the top 10. I only watched the first episode with Kutcher and I could see that they were reaching concerning the writing.

All the acting talent in the world won't matter if the writing is not good.

I think Ashton Kutcher has a limited acting range. Sheen on the other hand has done well in film and tv and I thought he was funny on "Men".

7. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

I'll be tuning in. Hopefully the writing will be good and the show will be funny.

8. harmonica98

harmonica98 Senior Member

I'll check it out - with low expectations.

Tom

9. heatherly

This is premiering tonight although reviews have been tepid (as I expected). I will be watching just to see how bad it really is.

Love the avatar, rburly ;)

10. rburly

Gracias! ;)

I have the series set to be recorded on my DVR, so I'll be watching every week. I still watch reruns of Two and a Half Guys with Sheen because he made the show (agreed the writing was awesome) and the other characters were great as well.

It should be an interesting show to watch, IMO!

11. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

I plan to watch the first couple of episodes to see if I like it.

12. neo123

neo123 Senior Member

All the reviews I read gave it a poor rating, saying it isn't even funny.

13. Jerryb

Jerryb Senior Member

It's on now. I watched the first 10 minutes of it and changed the channel. Awful.

14. rburly

Shoulda hung in there. It was pretty good. Not Two and a Half Men (with Sheen good), but I doubt the first year was as good as it became, though some people never liked it.

I thought it was a good start.

15. JA Fant

JA Fant Well-Known Member

FX has a new hit series!

chilinvilin likes this.
  16. rburly

Agreed. Good character development. Good writing. Great acting. Good seasoned stars in the cast. I'm in for the long haul.

It would be a hit on any network.

chilinvilin likes this.
  17. pdenny

pdenny 22-Year SHTV Participation Trophy Recipient

AV Club tore it a new corn chute, but I expected nothing less.

18. Yankee8156

Yankee8156 Senior Member

I probably won't get around to seeing this, especially if reviews are bad. It just reeks too much of a Charlie Sheen media cash-in that's 12-15 months too late.

19. heatherly

I liked the second episode the best. The first one started slow but took off after Brian Austin Green's character appeared (never thought I'd type that sentence).

The direction or editing of the debut episode was pretty distracting, done very haphazardly, IMO.

Sheen looks OK, but man has he aged years in just one. That or CBS has much better makeup artists. He also seems to speak with some sort of speech impediment or dare I say "Coke Jaw".

I'll be tuning in next week, but I was expecting this to be a whole lot worse.
    If the writers listen to the reviewers, there is potential for this to be huge.

20. aaronfirebrand

aaronfirebrand Well-Known Member

I gave this a shot, even though I don't care much for Sheen. Not as bad as I thought. Maybe I like Shawnee Smith so much I'll overlook a lot. It was nice to see a few faces like Barry Corbin, Brett Butler and Selma Blair again. That was Kerri Kenney (from Reno 911) in the second episode, wasn't it?

If there's nothing else on, I'll watch it again, but if I miss it, I probably won't miss it.

21. JA Fant

Agreed,

Love Shawnee Smith, it is good to see her back on tv. Selma Blair can be my therapist anytime!

22. milankey

milankey Forum Resident

Saw a little bit of it last night, turned off tv and read a book. Charlie Sheen's ego ruined his own career.

23. JA Fant

It's not as simple as ego -drugs and booze, almost killed Sheen's career.

24. music4life

music4life Senior Member

I thought it was much better than what Two and a half men has turned into...

25. soundboy

soundboy Senior Member Thread Starter

Also Michael Boatman, who played Charlie's neighbor in the pilot episode. He was Sheen's co-star from "Spin City".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.