Gene Clark SACD of unreleased recordings

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by PeteH, Apr 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. richierichie

richierichie My glass is always full.

Here`s this to help while away the time....

Pease & Love, richie :cool:

2. joshbg2k

joshbg2k Forum Resident

Vinyl doesn't feel like it weighs 200 grams.

3. Noise Annoys

Noise Annoys Forum Resident

At least you have it :D

4. beccabear67

beccabear67 Musical omnivore.

To quote Dan Hicks (and his Hot Licks)...

I Got Mine!

Whooooooooo-hooo! Looks nice, arrived in perfect condition too, all is forgiven. :love:

indigo_m likes this.
  5. Graham

Graham Senior Member

It's landed in London. Looks great.

6. swedgin

swedgin Forum Resident

Arrived in Ireland

indigo_m likes this.
  7. sunspot

sunspot Forum Resident

Good news...did you get any advance tracking info, or did it just turn up unexpected?

8. Graham

Graham Senior Member

Just turned up.

indigo_m likes this.
  9. BawBag

BawBag Forum Resident

I have a note to collect a parcel. Wonder if this is it. It's a standard Post Office card.

indigo_m likes this.
  10. Noise Annoys

Noise Annoys Forum Resident

11. PretzelLogic

PretzelLogic Feeling duped by MoFi? You probably deserve it.

IT'S ARRIVED! Two weeks on the nose.

Now I know what the anticipation of fatherhood is like, having ordered this nine months ago. Thanks Midwife Delgatto!

indigo_m likes this.
  12. PretzelLogic

PretzelLogic Feeling duped by MoFi? You probably deserve it.

Wait...the download is only 192 kbps? Any only 96 (!) on 'All For Him (Or Her)'?

That's a disappointment.

beccabear67 and swedgin like this.
  13. Graham

Graham Senior Member

Yes, it is. I easily found a 320 kpbs download yesterday and then ripped the two bonus CDs myself.

swedgin likes this.
  14. Misterroper

Misterroper Forum Resident

YESSSSSSS!

Hep Alien likes this.
  15. Mr. D

Mr. D Forum Resident

Did anyone get the email from Sierra Records regarding their Gold Club?

Not sure I can justify the $50 for the privilege of getting the releases before they hit the street or whether there will be 4 new releases that will pique my interest. I have shopped with Sierra for many years but not sure I even average a purchase a year.

Of course, always interested in any Gene Clark music.

Thoughts?

Here's the blurb:

You are cordially invited to join the exclusive SIERRA RECORDS “4x50” GOLD CLUB! It will entitle you to receive Sierra Records’ new albums released after May 1, 2017, in advance of their street date. For a one time only, membership fee of $50, you will be able to select any FOUR upcoming new Sierra Records albums of your whether on compact disc, hybrid SACD, audiophile vinyl LP or DVD, along with FREE shipping and handling to any where in the world!

By joining you will first receive your “Sierra Records Gold Membership Card” and as an added bonus you will also receive FREE, a fifth album, “SIERRA RECORDS 2017-2018 Sampler CD” containing individual tracks from some of Sierra Records’ upcoming releases, many of which are unreleased but will now be available for the first time:

SIERRA RECORDS 2017-2018 Sampler CD
    Gene Clark: Misty Morning (original Chris Hinshaw produced,mixed,extended version, never before released)
    Randy Meisner: Take It To The Limit (Live)
    Doug Dillard Expedition: Poor Old Slave (first time on CD)
    Gosdin Brothers: Had A Lot Of Friends (never before released)
    Clarence White-Criterion Sessions: Lost Highway
    Rick Cunha with Waylon Jennings, Jessi Colter, Jennifer Warnes: Best Friends (first time on CD)
    Muleskinner featuring Clarence White: Soldier’s Joy (never before released)
    Gene Parsons: Water in the Pigmy Forest (never before released)
    Country Gazette: Won't You Call Me Darlin’ Sometime (original group, never before released)
    Docker Hill Boys-Joel Scott Hill, Booker T, Gene Parsons, Chris Ethridge, Byron Berline, Eric White: Hard Time Blues (never before released)
    The Kentucky Colonels with special guest, the legendary Clooney Rakestraw: Julius Finkbine’s Rag (never before released)
    (NOT SOLD SEPARATELY OR AVAILABLE IN RETAIL STORES)

Making this ‘sampler’ CD even more special, the first 500 copies of this limited edition album will be produced on a 24kt Gold compact disc, a true collector’s item. This CD will not be sold separately or in stores or other online retailers. Only 1000 memberships are being offered, so you must act now as this email is going out to over 6000 current Sierra Records Mail Order customers.

Beginning in late May and beyond, as a member of the SIERRA RECORDS “4x50” GOLD CLUB , you will be notified by direct email of the available new release(s) that you have the option to select or not, as one or more of your four albums. Or you can wait for other future albums to be released to complete your selection of one or more four albums. You will be then directed to a special, separate website to make your selection of any quantity you choose. Yes, you can purchase additional memberships at this time to increase your number of future selections at membership price.

These upcoming recordings and albums will include those artists mentioned above and more including 200 gram vinyl only albums; Randy Meisner - “Take It To The Limit,” “Early L.A.”, the half speed mastered edition containing rare tracks from Los Angeles’ 1960s golden era of recordings, lost early recordings of Tim Hardin backed by members of the Byrds, “Gram Parsons & The Fallen Angels Live 1973”, the half speed master edition with expanded album graphics, more legendary flatpick recordings of Clarence White with fellow renown flatpickers, and the list goes on and on! The regular retail price once these albums are in release on CD, hybrid SACD, audiophile vinyl and DVD, available from the usual suspects, will range from $20 to $40 or more. So by joining SIERRA RECORDS “4x50” GOLD CLUB now, you will receive these albums at substantial savings.

16. Misterroper

Misterroper Forum Resident

I can't tell if the $50 will get me 5 albums (with no more cash outlay) or if it just gets me the the sampler CD and the privilege of buying 4 other albums from Sierra before their release dates.
    ???

Mechanical Man likes this.
  17. Wright

Wright Forum Resident

The Hinshaw mix of "Misty Morning" certainly sounds tempting, especially since I understand that the alternate Roadmaster mix will only see a vinyl release.

indigo_m and crozcat like this.
  18. milankey

milankey Forum Resident

It will get you stress and anxiety whether you will ever receive the products you paid for long ago.

19. Mr. D

Mr. D Forum Resident

Yeah...I read it to mean $50 plus the respective costs of the 4 other albums.:confused:

20. milankey

milankey Forum Resident

Remember Mr Delgatto is a one man operation.:realmad: It takes balls to start promoting another release and "Gold Club" when he hasn't delivered on this past set. Am I getting impatient? Yes. I paid for this product 13 months ago. I have a e-mail folder full of excuses and no LP's.

21. Mr. D

Mr. D Forum Resident

Indeed.

[QUOTE="especially since I understand that the alternate Roadmaster mix will only see a vinyl release.[/QUOTE]

Really? :shake:

22. richierichie

richierichie My glass is always full.

I still wait patiently for my LP and DVD. I will not be slagging Johnny D. off for waiting nor will I be buying the $50 membership.

lightbulb and Mr. D like this.
  23. Wright

Wright Forum Resident

Really? :shake:[/QUOTE]

That's what I heard, unfortunately.

Mr. D likes this.
  24. indigo_m

indigo_m @Neon_Brambles

Who's releasing it?

25. sunspot

sunspot Forum Resident

Still waiting for my LP & DVD here in London.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.