Gene Clark SACD of unreleased recordings

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by PeteH, Apr 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. indigo_m

indigo_m @Neon_Brambles

The Byrd That Flew Alone used audio from this interview. Not sure why the video wasn't used. It would have been a nice addition.

2. njwiv

njwiv Senior Member

Thanks for confirming. It definitely would have been nice had they also been able to use some of the video footage.

indigo_m likes this.
  3. bubba-ho-tep

bubba-ho-tep Resident Ne'er-Do-Well

Slightly off topic, but I got my gold 2017 sampler disc from Sierra today for signing up for the Platinum Club.

4. njwiv

njwiv Senior Member

Same here.

5. jpmosu

jpmosu a.k.a. Mr. Jones

Anyone still not receive their Clark LP? I think I'm the only person who sprung for the deluxe package and didn't receive the vinyl. :cry:

Lightworker likes this.
  6. JeffreyB

JeffreyB Senior Member

I finally received mine yesterday! It was shipped July 12th via Media Mail. I originally ordered it way back, a year and a half ago, something like that. :D

indigo_m and kyodo_dom like this.
  7. Misterroper

Misterroper Forum Resident

I have also yet to receive the balance of my deluxe package. I've sent an email inquiring if there's a problem and am waiting to hear back.

8. Smith

Smith I'm cyanide over you.

Still nothing here.

If fella upthread had his posted July 12 I guess John is still slowly trucking along.

For those who've gotten theirs - what's the packing job been like?

LP inside or outside the jacket?

Maybe he's taking extra care in taping 'em up?

9. kyodo_dom

kyodo_dom Forum Resident

Still vinyl-free here in Tokyo. I'm off for a few weeks' vacation on Saturday, so fingers x'd it is waiting for me when I return... Glad to hear more reports filtering through of people safely receiving the deluxe package.

davenav likes this.
  10. E.Jonker

E.Jonker Well-Known Member

You are not alone. I'm also still waiting for the vinyl and the DVD. I ordered my deluxe package in March last year. Packages from overseas often suffer delays here in Australia. I'm hoping it won't be too much longer.

11. Dennis Metz

Dennis Metz Born In A Motor City south of Detroit

You're not alone.:cheers:

12. davenav

davenav High Plains Grifter

Mine arrived today, in Brooklyn!

The wait was partly exacerbated by the incompetence of my local post office, who failed to deliver it or notify me and returned it to Sierra.

There was a nice note enclosed from Mr. Delgato, saying everything was inspected before re-shipping it.

kyodo_dom and indigo_m like this.
  13. milankey

milankey Forum Resident

still not received here. no reply to my last few e-mails.

14. Misterroper

Misterroper Forum Resident

I received this today:

"Since I have been without a working computer, as my personal and business computer with all my files, email connection, etc. since 1998, crashed more than three weeks ago, I have been unable to communicate with you until now about the balance of your Gene Clark order which I did began to ship at the end of May.

Though most of the orders made it to their destination, a few did not which may include yours. That has been hard to determine as an average of two orders a day are being returned by the US Postal Service for various reason including outside box damage, incorrect address, etc.. So after re-inspecting the items enclosed to make sure it was not damaged and then re-packed, they are being sent again with insurance.

The problem with the US Postal Service came to head with a meeting I had with the local postmaster on Friday with my complaints for the service. I was assured, care will be taken with these orders. It would appear that someone in the postal system was taken aim at anything coming from Sierra Records. I and the postmaster could not come up with a reason for the problems, thus the re-sending with insurance that is provided by postage system that I have used for the past ten years, Endicia. I am also hand delivering the boxes at a more secure location at the facility, away from any exposure to the high heat we have been experiencing here in SoCal.
    So within a week or so you will be receiving finally, the numbered 2LP set, the DVD "Gene Clark At Home" which is located in the pocket on the inside right corner of the LP jacket, the digital download card inserted loosely in the 12 page LP booklet and your numbered "Certificate of Authenticity".

Lastly, for many months my email service has been disrupted. However, the old original email address above "[email protected]" is back up running 100% after months of problems. I am now having to respond to 100s of emails daily so please understand the possible delay in responding.

Once I track all these shipments, I will send out another email to everyone to make sure your order has arrived safely. If there is a problem, I will provide you a special email address that you can reach me directly about any problem with the order you have received so that any possible issue can be resolved.

Sincerely,

John Delgatto, Founder/President"

kyodo_dom and davenav like this.
  15. milankey

milankey Forum Resident

that explains it all - the postal service is sabotaging his orders. who knew?

16. Spitfire

Spitfire Senior Member

I got my DVD and certificate last Saturday which completes my order. What an ordeal.

indigo_m likes this.
  17. JimD

JimD Forum Resident

Finally got here.

Clarkophile and indigo_m like this.
  18. jpmosu

jpmosu a.k.a. Mr. Jones

I gotta a good feeling!

Mine still hasn't arrived yet, but I suspect I'll be the very last person in the continental U.S. to receive his. And that's ok--as long as it comes!

indigo_m and Misterroper like this.
  19. Electric Sydney

Electric Sydney Forum Resident

I am a Byrds fan, but don't have any Gene Clark solo. Where is a good place to start?

indigo_m likes this.
  20. indigo_m

indigo_m @Neon_Brambles

It really depends on what you like. The best CD IMO is The American Dreamer - it's a 'best of' that covers most of his career

Gene Clark - American Dreamer 1964-1974

HappyFingers, Mr. D, njwiv and 2 others like this.
  21. njwiv

njwiv Senior Member

Seconded. That was my gateway "drug" for Gene solo.

22. Electric Sydney

Thank you! That sounds like a good place to start.

indigo_m likes this.
  23. indigo_m

indigo_m @Neon_Brambles

I'd be curious to know what you think!

njwiv and Electric Sydney like this.
  24. Electric Sydney

I will give a full report. I think it's OOP though...

njwiv and indigo_m like this.
  25. indigo_m

indigo_m @Neon_Brambles

Yes, though I got my copy on Amazon a year or two ago. I've seen it on eBay as well.

njwiv and Electric Sydney like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.