George Michael: Faith [CD/DVD] Special Edition due Sept 2010

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by OberonOz, Jul 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OberonOz

OberonOz Senior Member Thread Starter

This is great news!! From Pause & Play comes a pre-order link for a Special Edition of George's excellent 1987 album "Faith" on Sept 28th [also announces Band On The Run for the same date]
    There are no details beyond it being a CD/DVD edition and it doesnt state that it will be a Legacy Edition although I would be surprised if it is not. I hope theres lots of interesting stuff on this! If nothing else, at least maybe there will be a live show on the DVD. Anyone have any thoughts on what this might contain?

Steve

PS. No sniping about George's personal life please! If you dont like George dont bother posting :) Thanks!

2. Mark

Mark I Am Gort, Hear Me Roar Staff

I will definitely look into this one. I really like this album a lot. Thanks for the post.

3. deadbirdie

deadbirdie Senior Member

Great album. I remember there being a special on MTV back when the album came out, i bet the DVD will contain that. Perhaps a live show from that era as well?

4. Karnak

Karnak "81, 82, 83, 84..."

It would be nice if the DVD contained music videos, like 'Father Figure'.

5. Maurice

Maurice Senior Member

I wouldn't mind seeing some bonus tracks on the main disc. I'm not terribly familiar with the single B-sides but the 7" mix of Monkey (by Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis) blows the album version away.

6. BZync

BZync Senior Member

The original CD sounds so good (to my ears). I always wonder about re-mastering something that sounded good to begin with.

There were a number of 12 inch dance mixes that could be used as bonus tracks. I had a 3 inch CD single of the extended I Want Your Sex/A Last Request (13 plus minutes). Great stuff.

As he was the darling of MTV, the DVD may contain the promo videos, which were very good as well.

7. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

What's the rundown of possible bonus tracks and how many can fit on a single cd with the album?

8. nf0603

nf0603 New Member

I have the 'Twenty-Five' DVD which contains every video from this era as well as most of his Wham videos and others up to 2006 so I'll likely pass unless the DVD extras are something different.

9. Jack Son #9 Dream

Jack Son #9 Dream lofi hip hop is good

I'm glad you mentioned this. I've got the single for "Monkey" in my collection and I think it's time to throw it on the turntable for a spin.

10. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

All his videos are already out on DVD. I think he has two DVD compilations, actually. So I hope the DVD has something better to offer than the music videos from that album. That would be a waste, imo.

11. bartels76

bartels76 Forum Hall Of Fame

Monkey remix is on the Ladies and Gentleman comp.

12. Expectant One

Expectant One Well-Known Member

I remember totally loving the first track (Faith!) when I was a kid, I thought it was completely badass. :D

13. gjkendall

gjkendall Forum Resident

Would need to have all the Shep Pettibone remixes on it!

14. PanaPlasma

PanaPlasma Forum Resident

What about the soundquality of "Twenty Five"? cd + dvd?

15. DJ WILBUR

DJ WILBUR The Cappuccino Kid

I did not enjoy the sound of that compilation. If they go that route this will be disappointing as a result. I think the original Faith cd sounds great anyway...

16. Gems-A-Bems

Gems-A-Bems Forum Resident

:laugh:

Attached Files:

• gmb.jpg
      gmb.jpg
      File size:
      19 KB
      Views:
  17. OberonOz

OberonOz Senior Member Thread Starter

I would hope that the DVD is a live concert from the Faith Tour. Putting the videos for the songs would be a waste indeed. It would be great to give us a really good reason to buy this. Id like to have the 12" mixes as well, certainly at least all the sections of I Want Your Sex. I dont know if there is any good unreleased stuff with this, but I am hopeful this will be an interesting release! :)

Steve

18. The Card Cheat

The Card Cheat Forum Resident

I'm pretty satisfied with the original CD, and will probably get "Ladies And Gentlemen" for the Monkey remix and other singles, so it would have to be pretty dang interesting for me to get it.

Then again, I could probably use it as my car copy. :)

19. nf0603

nf0603 New Member

The real draw IMO with Twenty-Five was that it is the only way to get a US domestic version of the video/radio remixes for several of Wham's hits, like Everything She Wants and Freedom, which I always preferred to the relatively uneventful versions on Make It Big.

20. Kirk76

Kirk76 Forum Resident

21. George P

George P Notable Member

Yeah, I loved this album.

Here's a cool cover by House MD - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_O425jSw0qI

22. groovelocked

groovelocked Forum Resident

isn't this the first time I Want Your Sex pt 1 will be remastered/included? Ladies & Gents had Pt. 2 and Twenty-Five didn't include it at all. I've long assumed they were saving it as a key track to sell a remaster at some point since it was the single and not Pt. 2.

23. chiagerald

chiagerald Forum Resident

I tried searching the WWW for info but could not find much info, could anyone post a link?

24. Norm Apter

Norm Apter Well-Known Member In Memoriam

A show on the Faith tour was my very first concert. I remember it being a great performance from an album I liked a lot at the time. It would be great to revisit it with a live performance included with this release.

[​IMG]

25. AudiophilePhil

AudiophilePhil Senior Member

The recording company wants to release an EQ'ed, NR'd and compressed version of it and to see if it would sound better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.