Geraldine Fibbers - Lost Somewhere... vinyl reissue!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by BeauZooka, Mar 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BeauZooka

BeauZooka Forum Resident Thread Starter

Since the old Fibbers threads are locked, here's the news:

2 x LP reissue of Lost Somewhere Between The Earth and My Home!
    5 bonus tracks:
    13. Bitter Honey
    14. The Smaller Song
    15. 234
    16. You Doo Right
    17. New Song
    "First time on vinyl reissue of The Geraldine Fibbers' debut full length for Virgin. This clear vinyl Record Store Day [2017] release is remastered from the original tapes, and includes five bonus tracks including a brand new tune featuring Nels Cline."

Release Date: 4/22/2017
    Format: 2 x LP
    Label: Jealous Butcher Records
    Quantity: 1000
    Release type: RSD Limited Run / Regional Focus Release

RSD '17 Special Release: The Geraldine Fibbers - Lost Somewhere Between The Earth and My Home

I always wanted this to come out on vinyl. Record Store Day lines, here I come!

2. BeauZooka

3. Damien DiAngelo

Damien DiAngelo Forum Resident

This is a desert island album for me.
    I can't wait for this.
    :pineapple: :pineapple: :pineapple: :pineapple:

I just hope it sounds good. Ya never know these days.

aseriesofsneaks and BeauZooka like this.
  4. BeauZooka

I should note that it isn't a vinyl reissue because it has never been on vinyl before.

Includes the first new Fibbers song in 20 years, Thank You For Giving Me Life, featuring Nels Cline (Wilco, everything else) and Jessica Moss (Thee Silver Mt. Zion).

5. BeauZooka

From the Jealous Butcher FB page:

More often than not the spark for releasing a record comes from a fairly simple place… wanting a copy of it. Almost exactly 4 years ago I went looking for a copy of Lost Somewhere Between The Earth And My Home on vinyl. I have loved the music that Carla R. Bozulich has made since the Ethyl Meatplow days, I remember seeing the self titled 10” when it first came out and wondering what that was all about, getting it and falling even more in love with her songwriting, her lyrics and her arrestingly singular voice. I’d recently fallen back into listening to LSBTEAMH over and over and I wanted to get a copy of the LP. Small catch there, it didn’t exist. Damn.
    But then I thought… hmm… maybe I could help resolve that issue for myself, and perhaps a few other folks who might be interested in having something a bit more solid than a CD of this music to hold onto. So I reached out to Carla, who introduced me to William Tutton, who are both the nicest folks one could hope to meet, and we hatched a plan, and then we got busy, and then things got a bit complicated because of old record contracts, and then we got busy again, and then a rad package came in the mail from Jean, and then when talking about the track list they decided to record a new song, and Kevin was in, and Nels was in, and Jessica was in, and Steve mixed it, and oh my god it’s ON FIRE and AMAZING, and I put on the test pressing and LILYBELLE sounded so big and perfect and I teared up and got lots of goose bumps, and what I’m really trying to say here is that on RECORD STORE DAY, APRIL 22ND, JB150 - THE GERALDINE FIBBERS - LOST SOMEWHERE BETWEEN THE EARTH AND MY HOME - will be released on vinyl for the first time. It is a double LP, on clear vinyl, in a tip-on gatefold jacket, with printed inner sleeves and liner notes from Carla and Bill, and it contains the first new Fibbers song in 20 years - THANK YOU FOR GIVING ME LIFE - and we are pretty damn sure you will think it’s amazing, because it is. xoJBR

aseriesofsneaks likes this.
  6. Liam Brown

Liam Brown Forum Resident

this is an excellent record. anyone who has not heard it should check it out. a great singer, great songs. looking forward to this.

BeauZooka and aseriesofsneaks like this.
  7. Pennywise

Pennywise Forum Resident

I heard a test pressing, and it sounds incredible! The new song is a mindblower, also! :love:

8. BeauZooka

Correction: The bonus track listing in the first post is wrong. It is actually just 4 songs:
    1. Thank You For Giving Me Life (Brand New Song)
    2. 234
    3. Yoo Doo Right (unreleased 1996 version)
    4. Bitter Honey

9. iworkatinitech

iworkatinitech Forum Resident

As of now this is the only LP I'm excited about for RSD, but with the 1,000 LP run I'm nervous I'll end up missing out...I really hope if that's the case they run another pressing.

BeauZooka likes this.
  10. Davey

Davey NP: Broadcast ~ The Noise Made by People (2000 LP)

You really think so? Based on the few people that mentioned it in the RSD threads (I think there were maybe only 3 of us expressing interest before this thread) that should be plenty to keep them around for quite awhile after RSD. I may be wrong, but I don't see much interest around here, and this is probably not a bad barometer. Worst case, it's available for about the same price from some stores after RSD. I picked up the really nice Pinback Blue Screen Life last year a few months after RSD, and I think there was much more widespread interest in that one since it had been pressed once before at release in small quantity, and was very expensive on the used market.

11. iworkatinitech

I certainly hope you're right...I feel like my local shop is overrun by flippers who would buy it just because of the low run size, but hopefully I'm wrong and worst case like you said I can buy it online somewhere...

12. BeauZooka

Waiting patiently for it's older sister:

[​IMG]

djork, Damien DiAngelo and Pennywise like this.
  13. BeauZooka

Bad news from the bass player:

"It's true.
    Unfortch, there's a delay.
    The LP will be available in early May from the Jealous Butcher website, along with your trusted local vendors, although you may have to hector them to order it from JB's distributor.
    The delay is caused by an explosion at the pressing plant, jokersnakes and bastards, or some lunar voodoo seen in a telescope.

Thanks." William Tutton

14. Davey

Davey NP: Broadcast ~ The Noise Made by People (2000 LP)

It's probably good news for those that really want it, should be more readily available through regular channels, straight from Jealous Butcher has always been good for me, they have a bunch of stuff I've ordered in the last few years, check out the Califone thread for all the Red Red Meat and Loftus goodies.

BeauZooka likes this.
  15. iworkatinitech

Thank you very much for the heads up! I just pre-ordered a copy from the site...it's live now.

16. aseriesofsneaks

aseriesofsneaks Forum Resident

I've pre-ordered it from Jealous Butcher as well. I'm really looking forward to finally owning this album on vinyl!

It sounds like it may not be limited to just 1000 copies now. The description on the website states, "The first 1000 copies are being pressed on clear vinyl and housed in a deluxe tip-on gatefold jacket. Originally intended to be a limited RSD release we've decided to bring this out into the world for all to partake in!" I'm guessing this means there will be another run on black vinyl once the first 1000 are gone.

BeauZooka likes this.
  17. iworkatinitech

True and likely cheaper as well.

18. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

Thanks for this thread. I came home disappointed today, not finding it in any of three record stores I tried. But now I have discovered this thread and realize it's delayed until May. I'm going to pre-order it asap!

Craig.

aseriesofsneaks and BeauZooka like this.
  19. Boomy

Boomy Senior Member

Ordered it on Bull Moose. The description is for the clear vinyl, so I hope that's it.

20. Boomy

Boomy Senior Member

My father in law is related to Kevin Fitzgerald. He also played with the Circle Jerks.

BeauZooka likes this.
  21. AZRunner

AZRunner Forum Resident

I discovered them on the second stage at Lollapalooza in 1995. I was wondering why there was no mention of anybody getting this on the RSD threads. This is a must have and I just pre-ordered from Bull Moose. Thanks for the heads up.

BeauZooka likes this.
  22. aseriesofsneaks

It looks like the label has started to ship the pre-orders. I got a shipping confirmation email on Friday. I'm in Canada, so I imagine my copy won't arrive for at least a week, but others should be getting their copies any day now.

BeauZooka likes this.
  23. BeauZooka

I got yer new GF song right here - intense!!!

Davey and aseriesofsneaks like this.
  24. iworkatinitech

Just received my copy today (in NY). Don't know yet if it's clear vinyl or not...

BeauZooka likes this.
  25. aseriesofsneaks

This new song is really, really great. It sounds like they picked up right where they left off with Butch. I don't think it's been established whether they intend to do anything further, but it'd be a shame if they didn't.

BeauZooka likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.