Gog (3-D) (1954) [Blu-ray] -Bob Furmanek's next Movie

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Larry Mc, Jan 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Larry Mc

Larry Mc Forum Dude Thread Starter

Anything new coming down the pike Bob? :)

2. Bob Furmanek

Bob Furmanek Forum Resident

Sure thing, Larry. We're busier than ever!

We've just released Dan Symmes' stunning restoration of THE STEWARDESSES; our restoration of A*P*E is due for release on February 28; the Kickstarter campaign to save SEPTEMBER STORM was a great success and backers will get their 3-D Blu-ray very soon with the commercial release from Kino on March 28. Amazon.com: September Storm 3D [Blu-ray]: Joanne Dru, Mark Stevens, Robert Strauss, Bryan Haskin: Movies & TV »

Our current project is THOSE REDHEADS FROM SEATTLE which will premiere at the TCM Festival in April and is due on 3-D Blu-ray later that month - and there are at least six 3-D restorations in the pipeline! Those Redheads from Seattle - 3dfilmarchive »

Pinknik and jupiter8 like this.
  3. Pinknik

Pinknik Senior Member

And those six are? :D

Can't wait, Bob. I only hope that my LG passive TV holds out for the foreseeable future.

4. Larry Mc

Very cool Bob.
    I just ordered "The Stewardesses" and I pre ordered "Ape 3-D Aka A*P*E [Blu-ray] by Joanna Kerns", "September Storm 3D [Blu-ray] by Joanne Dru".

I also noticed that "
    It Came from Outer Space" [Blu-ray] by Richard Carlson was for sale very cheap, $9.58? Do you know anything about that?
    I know you might not believe this but I get as excited about these old movies that you are restoring, just like I did when I was a kid, so don't feel under appreciated, I appreciate
    it very much and I'll buy whatever you come up with.
    Thanks for the great work Bob....:)

Bob Furmanek and longdist01 like this.
  5. Pinknik

Pinknik Senior Member

A 3-D Film Archive Restoration. Excellent. With restored stereo sound as well.

6. GuildX700

GuildX700 Forum Resident

Yup, it's amazing.

Larry Mc and Pizza like this.
  7. Bob Furmanek

Larry Mc and Pizza like this.
  8. Bob Furmanek

We are honored to have our 3-D restorations of GOG and IT CAME FROM OUTER SPACE on the ballot in the 15th annual Rondo Hatton Award. We are nominated in two categories: Best Classic DVD/Blu-ray and Best Possible Restoration/Upgrade. If you have enjoyed either 3-D Blu-ray, please consider voting.

We're very proud of both projects but of the two, GOG was certainly the greater challenge and would be totally lost in 3-D were it not for our efforts. (Gog - 3dfilmarchive )

On behalf of the 3-D Film Archive team of Greg Kintz, Jack Theakston and Thad Komorowski, I thank you very much! Here's the OFFICIAL BALLOT for the (Gasp!) 15th Annual Rondo Hatton Awards in Rondo Hatton Classic Horror Awards Forum

[​IMG]

Pizza and GuildX700 like this.
  9. Larry Mc

Hello Bob,
    I was hoping you were still here, I've had some personal issues to take care of so I haven't been truly around here too much.
    I saw "Cease Fire" 3D at Amazon.com and I thought of you. It's great that you are still releasing these 3D movies, I love=um.
    It seems like 3D is getting harder to find, I hope I'm wrong...:)
    Regards,
    Larry

Bob Furmanek likes this.
  10. Bob Furmanek

Hello Larry,

Welcome back!

We're very busy with quite a few restorations in the pipeline. MoMA is running our two most recent projects in a few weeks!

Son of 3-D Funhouse | MoMA

[​IMG]

Larry Mc likes this.
  11. Larry Mc

Cool, I'm glad to see you are moving right along. Is the Blu-ray better than dvd in these old 3D's?
    I'm not worried about the money, I just want the best experience I can get. :)

Never mind, I'll go with the Blu-ray...:)

12. Bob Furmanek

Oh, for sure, discrete left/right 3-D on Blu-ray is vastly superior to any available on DVD.

In fact, for DVD, they have to be converted to the awful, headache-inducing anaglyphic (red/cyan) system.

Yuck!

Pizza and pblmow like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.