Good deals on amazon.co.uk - will get regularly updated

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by rjstauber, Mar 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ptijerm

ptijerm Forum Resident

2. PH416156

PH416156 Alea Iacta Est

3. PH416156

PH416156 Alea Iacta Est

4. Popmartijn

Popmartijn Senior Member

Darn, noticed this too late. It's GBP 17.36 now... :(

5. ptijerm

ptijerm Forum Resident

6. ptijerm

ptijerm Forum Resident

7. grandegi

grandegi Blind test maniac

Unfortunately, the release date for the item(s) listed below was changed by the supplier, and we need to provide you with a new estimated delivery date based on the new release date:

The Beatles "Love Me Do [7" VINYL]"
    Estimated arrival date: October 11 2012 - October 16 2012

8. grandegi

grandegi Blind test maniac

EMI has confirmed that this product has been temporarily recalled due to a manufacturing defect. As a result the release date has been moved to 22 October, 2012. Apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Estimated arrival date: October 25 2012 - October 30 2012

9. ptijerm

ptijerm Forum Resident

10. PH416156

PH416156 Alea Iacta Est

Now £8.99.

Just a little FYI: I received the set today and the CDs bear neither booklets nor liner notes...you just get one sheet with cover on front and tracklisting/credits on the back. Those who have the older issues on vinyl and/or CD may not be concerned but thought someone with no Neil albums would like to know before buying. Still, a nice bargain :)

11. ptijerm

ptijerm Forum Resident

12. ptijerm

ptijerm Forum Resident

13. imarcq

imarcq Men are from Mars, I'm from Bromley...

Yes Marcel, I ordered those same sets myself. And as you say it's very basic. Even the case it quite thin card, not affording much protection. Infact one of my Jewel cases got cracked whilst shipping. BUT it's a nice price, great sound. I bought 3 at the time, when they cost less and sold 2 to cover the cost of my set so not complaining :) At only £6.24 after the VAT was removed it was too tempting :)

14. espartaco

espartaco Forum Resident

15. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

16. pbda

pbda Forum Resident

17. imarcq

It would be £18.96 ($32) after the VAT gets removed for export to USA. So even better (if you are looking for a bargain)

18. Claude

Claude Senior Member

The set on Amazon UK looks like a budget reissue with minimalistic packaging, and in addition it's much cheaper than comparable box sets.

But $150 for such a set ($15 per disc) would be way too expensive. $5 per disc is a normal price for this type of reissue.

19. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

With shipping (and minus VAT) it's $38.25, just as the OP stated.

20. Tjazz

I already removed the VAT and did a conversion and the price came to $38, UK to USA. :rolleyes: (charges for postage are added) Some USA customers, might be paying more if their credit card charges an extra 3%.

21. ivan_wemple

ivan_wemple Senior Member

To be clear, these are the Rhino remasters, with bonus tracks, of the first 12 Chicago albums, minus the live Carnegie Hall set (a.k.a. Chicago IV).

The Rhino versions have been slagged incessantly on the forums, but I don't think they're as bad as all the hyperbole implies. The originals do sound better, in most cases, but the remasters are adequate.

This would appear to be a great deal!

22. imarcq

Whatever it's still cheap. And not everyone lives in USA so stating a price after VAT removal + shipping to USA (without making it obvious what price/taxation you are quoting and why) might mislead some folks outside USA into thinking it's cheaper possibly?

23. Tjazz

I think Amazon.com mean to price it at $51.00. (Chicago 1969-1978) Since the Joni Mitchel (10 CD) is priced at $59.53. (Joni is about $40 from Amazon.uk, shipped from UK to USA)

24. ptijerm

ptijerm Forum Resident

Does anyone know if this Chicago box set contains a booklet, or is it just the CDs in cardboard sleeves contained in a box? Might the liner notes from the Rhino remasters be collected somewhere else, or is this truly a bare bones collection?

25. MusicForAll

MusicForAll Forum Resident

Same ASIN: B009AJDET6

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.