Good Deals on amazon.com (part3)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by lv70smusic, Mar 14, 2014.

1. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

That's Gypped, and no longer PC. Offensive to Gypsies. The tramps and thieves have not been heard from yet.

2. psulioninks

psulioninks Forum Resident

I see the $5.41 price link, but no sellers show up with that price when I click the link...anyone know what the deal is?

3. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Ha! Spell check didn't like my spelling but it isn't a word I use often.

Ugh, as for the price, it looks like it JUST went up to $22+. Sorry for the false alarm, who knew?

4. bru87tr

bru87tr 80’s rule

5. dkmonroe

dkmonroe A completely self-taught idiot

I heard that it could turn up in the $7 bin at Wal Mart about two years ago and I've given it a cursory effort, but I just can't dig through those hundreds of Blu-rays to find this package! But I'm happy for those who found it, the Vudu code is a great feature.

6. bru87tr

bru87tr 80’s rule

Ya, maybe around that time, they had boat loads of them in the BIN. Was definitely not hard to find. I went to two Walmart stores and there were more copies than I could count.

dkmonroe likes this.
  7. Mooserfan

Mooserfan Forum Resident

Funny, I looked through two Walmarts at that time and came up with zip. So thanks for the heads up on this one!

Dan likes this.
  8. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Just spinning the Mediaeval Baebes Christmas album for the first time, probably my last Christmas spin for the season. Very nice, definitely something to look forward to breaking out again next year.

As for Barry Gibb, certainly not a bad album...glad to have it in my collection despite the fact that there are times he sounds as if he has a mouth full of marshmellows.

9. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

I never heard of the Mediaeval Baebes. Did they have a show on TV?

10. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Not that I know of but they are a UK outfit (apparently remnants of Miranda Sex Garden) so they could have something there.

BTW, this is a green vinyl pressing. I don't recall that was mentioned anywhere on Amazon.

Tjazz likes this.
  11. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

If I had known it was on green vinyl, I might have bought it. Thanks

12. leeroy jenkins

leeroy jenkins Forum Resident

I still don't have mine. Amazon has sent the wrong record twice now - curious to see what they will send me next :sigh:

13. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

That is crazy, they sent me one wrong record as well but got it right the second time.

Seems these are pre-packaged in their warehouse. Unsure if you noticed but the cardboard mailer had these small identifying stickers for both this album and another one (which was what was actually inside the first time).

14. leeroy jenkins

I did notice that - very weird. So far I've received the Hawaii Five O soundtrack and some death metal from Finland. That's amazing that they sent you the wrong record first also!

15. omom

omom Forum Resident

16. rob macd

rob macd The sunshine bores the daylights out of me

17. Wayne Hubbard

Wayne Hubbard Forum Resident

As far as I know the version that showed up in the Walmart bins is the 40th Anniversary version
    that came out in 2009. Not the 40th Anniversary Revisited from 2014 that has an additional
    dozen or so performances.

18. superstar19

superstar19 Authentic By Nature

19. bru87tr

bru87tr 80’s rule

Nope! This is the one Walmart had that I bought.

Woodstock: 3 Days of Peace & Music Blu-ray »

20. Bobsblkwax

Bobsblkwax Forum Resident

Buggyhair and seaisletim like this.
  21. leeroy jenkins

Sent the wrong record again - that's 3 now :shake:

SJP likes this.
  22. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

That is just shocking. I hope these aren't counting against your personal allotment of returns as arbitrarily determined by Amazon.

23. leeroy jenkins

I was thinking the same thing. I've been just requesting replacements through the site for this, but am going to call them tomorrow. I order quite a bit from Amazon, and have only ever had one other problem that I remember. They sent me a CD instead of vinyl one time.

24. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

They're not going to fix it. Customer service can't fix it. Give up.

25. ashlee5

ashlee5 Senior Member

I hope not. I received five wrong records from Amazon trying to buy a Costello Mofi. I gave up contacting them finally. This happens so frequently that Amazon recently added a phrase ("incorrect item in a correctly labeled package" or something similar) for returns and exchanges.

:wave: