Graham Parker- Squeezing Out Sparks.

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Aquateen, Aug 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aquateen

Aquateen Forum Resident Thread Starter

Can anyone comment on the Virtigo pressing of this album?

2. thegage

thegage Forum Currency Nerd

By Vertigo, do you mean the Japanese LP pressing? I have an original US, a Japanese Vertigo, and the double CD Sparks/Live Sparks. The Vertigo is a killer pressing, clean, with terrific dynamics and just the right amount of bite for GP without being too harsh. The CD?...well, I haven't listened to it for a LONG time, so I can't comment.

John K.

3. Aquateen

It says Vertigo but pressed in the UK.

4. thegage

thegage Forum Currency Nerd

I've got to shake the cobwebs out to remember this....

Yes, I believe Vertigo was the label in the UK, and it was also pressed in Japan under the same label. I listened to the UK pressing extensively when it came out in England, but do not have a current copy to compare, and it was many years ago under the influence of multiple pints of beer, so I don't trust aural memory; however, I will say that in general UK pressings of that era weren't bad. In any case, it wasn't necessarily recorded for audiophile reasons. ;) It does have plenty of "groove" factor, and probably worth having in EX condition.

Interestingly, IIRC the US version used a cover without the sparks behind his head (totally missing the point) and without the picture of Luna Park on the back.

John K.

5. Aquateen

Yeah i'm looking to buy. Its about $12 and in I guess the cover and the record are both in great shape.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.