Grand Theft Auto (Game Series) - All Things GTA!

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by andrewskyDE, Aug 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner Thread Starter

10th Anniversary Edition Trailer of GTA III

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  2. andrewskyDE

Anyone who played GTA V knows there's a location/town where you have access only in the beginning of the story and somewhere inbetween (for only a few minutes): Ludendorff, North Yankton.
    A nice little town and area, covered in snow. The original place where Michael (plus his family) and Trevor came from. It's sad that we can see only a couple o' minutes about that, 'cause there's time limit in the missions.
    Unless you use mods and stuff... Anyway, it would've been nice to see this place again but more 'unlimited' in a story DLC pack or something.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Many textures were unfinished, and you could slip through streets and walls to fall into a 'blue hell' or into the ocean, hence the limited access in that place.
    Wish Rockstar actually had completed that area. I mean, there are not many locations in the series where you can experience snow/winter, right?

Also, Ludendorff is lying somewhere in the Mid-West close to the Canadian border.
    Would be interesting to combine stories of some other characters in the series, like Michelle (from GTA IV, who also has a cameo appearience in GTA V).
    She mentioned that she came from the Mid-West. So, what about a story of her (before the happenings in GTA IV, so before 2008) having early cop activities in Ludendorff or something?

Last edited: Aug 28, 2017
    MikaelaArsenault and Dark Mavis like this.
  3. supermd

supermd Senior Member

I remember being in PE in 7th grade and having some friends tell me about GTA 3. It had just been released and was getting a lot of acclaim. I convinced my mom to let me buy it. I remember the Toys"R"Us cashier reminding my mom it was rated "M," but she kind of shrugged it off.

I went home and started playing it, but very quickly got bored (I am not a big fan of sandbox games, though "Red Dead Redemption" is one of my favorite games... yeah, I know). Anyway, I was messing around killing random people. I had a bunch of codes I had gotten off the internet and was applying them. Forgetting I had applied the "Increased Gore" code, I called my parents into the room to show them something cool. I took a sniper rifle, aimed it at a civilian's head, and shot it off. Blood was spurting out like a fountain as he collapsed to the ground. My parents immediately forbade me from ever playing that game again.

andrewskyDE likes this.
  4. andrewskyDE

GTA III artwork. Here's the main protagonist. He originally had no name, but later people started calling him Claude Speed.

[​IMG]

5. andrewskyDE

Since all three episodes from the 3D era got an anniversary edition (especially for iPads and stuff) maybe GTA IV could get one for its 10th anniversary as well?
    Though I'd prefer some kind of a remaster version of the game for PC and (new gen) consoles.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 30, 2017
    andybeau likes this.
  6. Billy Infinity

Billy Infinity Beloved aunt

Played the heck out of them since GTA III on PS2 - now I'm playing that title, Vice City, and San Andreas on my iPhone... surprisingly great ports all around and I can play them anywhere.

andrewskyDE likes this.
  7. bherbert

bherbert Forum Resident

GTA 5 is my favourite. I threw 100 hours into that game! For me it has the best open world map and the characters are really well made. Trevor is my favourite. what a character

Billy Infinity likes this.
  8. LeBon Bush

LeBon Bush Hound of Love

My favorite has always been Vice City. My first GTA and still the best - I love the 80s setting, the soundtrack (score + licensed tracks), the weird and lovable side characters, the action-packed and highly entertaining missions, the constant challenge (it's quite hard for a GTA, IIRC) and the gameplay as a whole - Katanas, BIG rocket launchers, fighting helicopters, beach buggies... man, I spent so many hours doing nonsense in Vice City, it still feels a bit like home :love:

DHamilton and Karnak like this.
  9. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

I finally sprung for a PS4 and my 1st game purchase was, you guessed it, GTAV! Bought the game used for $25 bucks and while it looks and plays better I absolutely hate how Rockstar makes you pay a monthly fee to play online (was free on PS3!). But the online game on the PS4 is really superior as they added tons of content. I'm still playing it! So apparently is everybody else, I read somewhere that last year was the games most profitable. It's quite possibly the GOAT video game, certainly has to be the biggest money maker!

10. Jim B.

Jim B. Senior Member

Got 100% on San Andreas and the last game!

bherbert likes this.
  11. Damien DiAngelo

Damien DiAngelo Forum Resident

I'll borrow my daughter's Xbox 360 and play GTA V from time to time.
    But, I don't really 'play' it. I just like to drive around looking for cool cars to steal and drive around some more until I find another cool car to steal...
    I'll also go out and be a complete jackass, just to see if I can get away with it. :laugh:

I honestly think I've only completed a few missions in story mode. I don't even bother with it anymore. Since I get simulator/motion sickness, I don't get but an hour or two of play before I have to shut down. So I just have fun and explore.

LeBon Bush, andybeau and andrewskyDE like this.
  12. eric777

eric777 Astral Projectionist

Vice City is my favorite one by far.

andrewskyDE likes this.
  13. Evil Strawberry

Evil Strawberry Forum Resident

HMMM, I love GTA but Here are my favorites:
    San Andreas
    GTA IV
    Vice City
    GTA III
    and those are the only ones i've played more than 10 minutes.
    And about Vice City. I got a little Story. A few days ago. I saw on Ebay and PS2 copy of Vice city Complete. I bought it because i wanted to play it on PS2. (Ive only played it on PC). So It arrived All in great condition, or thats what I thought Played it for like 5 minutes. I fell through the map. Multiple crash errors. It turns out the disc had a deep scratch on it leaving it unplayable. so lesson, Don't buy off Ebay.

14. DiabloG

DiabloG City Pop, Rock, and anything 80s til I die

San Andreas is my favorite game, though Vice City Stories has the best soundtrack of the series IMO. I'm knocking on regular Vice City's music, but VCS has a much less overplayed and more interesting track selection. In fact, this game is basically the foundation of my musical interest (synthpop, new wave, AOR, 80's R&B, and metal).

andrewskyDE and Evil Strawberry like this.
  15. Dark Mavis

Dark Mavis Local Congressman

So I finally got Playstation Plus, and I'm playing GTA online for the first time. I feel like I'm being dominated by children.

Does anyone else play? It's kinda hard. After 2 days, I'm at level (or whatever you call it) 11.

16. andrewskyDE

The online mode of GTA V is totally a mess nowadays, back when it launched (in late 2013) it was quite enjoyable.
    (That's what I experienced over time, doesn't mean you should avoid playing GTA Online now.^^)

17. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

I've had a copy of GTA5 sitting here for a while but haven't gotten around to actually playing it yet... I was going to give it a try this weekend but ended up getting sidetracked by the new God of War.

18. Osato

Osato Forum Resident

I feel bad for admitting this, but I've never actually been able to get through and beat an entire GTA game save for Vice City. VC had a great story and wrapped things up in a timely fashion, but I petered out of San Andreas halfway through because of the sheer scope and length of it. Dicking around and not beating the story is always a temptation for me with these games.

19. Dark Mavis

I'm intent on getting my year's worth out of this, but I don't know if I can invest enough time to get good enough to make it worthwhile... if that makes sense.

I just hear these little kids talking while I'm playing and then they kill me.

20. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

Yeah, you really have to develop some thick skin when playing GTA5 Online, those kids can be vicious! My answer to them is to always be MORE vicious!;)

Dark Mavis likes this.
  21. Dark Mavis

Lol, last year I apparently didnt know what "online" entailed. I played V for a few months in game mode and passed all the missions, but I've only has PS Plus since last Friday. Oh well, better late than never. Now on to dominate some children!

22. andrewskyDE

I'm playing the Import/Export missions on GTA Online since a month and now my (fictive) bank account is growing more easily again. Have nearly 6 million GTA$ by now. Maybe I gonna buy a yacht soon.^^
    By the way, would be cool if we can buy beach houses and mansions with private swimming pools sometime. I feel Rockstar might save that as a 'last update' before the next GTA game is coming.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2020
  23. Aardvark23

Aardvark23 Forum Resident

LOL, I can't even drive the car without running into stuff constantly. Gave up in frustration. Guess I really am an old man.

24. supermd

supermd Senior Member

andrewskyDE likes this.
  25. andrewskyDE

I've seen a beta tester(?) on Reddit telling a bit of what would be in the next game.
    Being much much bigger than the world in GTA V with lots of airplane travel, long bridges over the ocean, two states with big cities, more aggressive cops, fishing as a free time activity etc...
    Of course that could be something a guy just came up to hold up the (pre)hype. But if that's true while the game will be 'shortened' at launch I think this might be related to the main story and side things to expand the content later.

Anyway, I hope it really would be Vice City with setting in the early 1980s. I'd love to see neon lights all over the city (in HD) while playing Japanese 80s pop music on the radio.

supermd likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.