"Grease" - the pre-1998 audio mix?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by TheLazenby, Apr 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Song4U

Song4U Senior Member

Thanks for posting, when you see it like that you realize just how much better it is...I wish this person would have also shown the differences in the opening beach scene with the dialog as the 40th is so much better with clearer dialog up front, the 98 drowns out the dialog with the backing mix.

2. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

Watched my blu-ray last night. Looks great. Colors really pop. Sounds great too. Very pleased.

Even more pleased to finally have Grease 2 on blu-ray! I hope to watch it ASAP.

Got the Walmart exclusive packaging so I wouldn't have to mess with no stinking steel book.

3. jh901

jh901 Forum Resident

What was everyone's impression of the proper mix on this 40th Anniv release?

How does this multi-channel mix compare to the soundtrack album (on the songs)? Same vocal takes and backing tracks, for the most part? I'd like to pick up the soundtrack on CD. Is there a forum certified mastering?

The 4K/UHD image quality is well done for the most part, but there are several underwhelming sequences. I tend to blame the team handling the transfer. Overall, the colors are nice and the HDR is subtle and, likely, appropriate.

Back to the sound, well, I sure am glad I've been working out my surround sound. Can't beat a proper audiophile pre-pro!

4. ClausH

ClausH Senior Member

5. GLUDFSSR

GLUDFSSR Senior Member

For including the original soundtrack alone I just ordered the 4K version.

6. Jrr

Jrr Forum Resident

Serious? That looks absolutely horrible. If I was Olivia I would be pissed.

Got my blu-ray today and the packaging is superb.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
    Bobby Morrow likes this.
  7. mBen989

mBen989 Senior Member

B-U-M-P!

In case you haven't bought this yet, Walmart is selling a three pack (the new BluRay's of Grease, Grease 2 and Grease Live!)* in-store for $17 and change.

*plus the yearbook booklet from the regular combo pack

[​IMG] (image from the Blu-Ray.com forums)

8. MMM

MMM Forum Hall Of Fame

Vidiot likes this.
  9. chacha

chacha Forum Resident In Memoriam

Interesting to hear that the choreography for You’re The One That I Want was come up with on the spot. I remember when I first saw the movie opening weekend I was disappointed in what they did for that song for dance as it seemed kinda flat to me. Of course I’m used to it now and accept it. Love the track.

10. Song4U

Song4U Senior Member

This shows that John Farrar is a genius song writer. I wish Olivia would record one more full album of his material.

11. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

What the heck were they thinking when they did the 1998 version?!

12. Eric Richard

Eric Richard Forum Resident

I just discovered additional dialogue on the Blu-ray Ray mix! During the dance scene, you can hear what Danny and Sandy are saying on the television. There is a lot of extra little dialogue heard during this scene as well

13. Chip TRG

Chip TRG Senior Member

That video with the differences is unreal. I knew the 98 remix had differences, but my God...they are glaring.
    ....not to mention the color differences.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.