Green Acres DVD

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by rpd, Jun 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rpd

rpd Senior Member Thread Starter

Am I the only person who bought the Green Acres DVD? I always thought that show was so funny...really stupid, but really funny....especially after multiple watchings....

2. Mister Kite

Mister Kite Uncle Obscure

Guilty as charged! I can't wait for the second season set! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I just wish they didn't use DVD-18's.

Gary

3. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles

Me,too. Didn't buy it the first week out, so I don't feel THAT stupid!

4. rpd

rpd Senior Member Thread Starter

DVD 18's???

Do you think they release the rest of the seasons?

5. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

I actually preordered both "Green Acres" and "Mr. Ed" and don't feel guilty at all about it.
    "Green Acres" is actually one of my favorite TV shows of all time. :righton:

6. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

Forum member Michael bought it. I plan to buy it soon too.

7. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

WONDERFUL! Yup, I'm reliving the past...your gonna love it Grant!
    A great bargain indeed!...let me/us know what ya think:)

8. Michael

Nope, it's been mentioned numerous times here on the Visual Arts forum:thumbsup:

9. Mister Kite

Mister Kite Uncle Obscure

I am not sure that I follow the question, but yes, I believe there are plans to continue releasing Green Acres a season at a time. I was stating that I prefer the standard DVD-9 to a DVD-18. For whatever reason, my experience with DVD-18 discs (double-sided, dual layer) is that they are more prone to manufacturing defects and are less durable than their single-sided brethren. I assume MGM went to a DVD-18 format to cut down on the number of discs needed for each set and to help cost-reduce the overall package. Personally, I'd rather pay a bit more and get single-sided discs in Amray slim cases like The Honeymooners or Dick Van Dyke season sets. That way I can just plop five of them into my changer and sit back and veg... Am I BAD or what?! :D

Gary

10. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

What's lame about double sided discs is that they don't make a DVD changer for that. But there are multi-players for DVDs. So you have to get up and flip the disc, like the old LPs. You would think that they would remember?

11. MMM

MMM Forum Hall Of Fame

I've been watching it on TV Land sometimes. Does anyone else feel they didn't do a great job on the restoration - the picture seems too smoothed out, taking out too much grain. I suspect the DVD's would be similar, but maybe I'm wrong.

PRNDL ;)

12. Michael

The DVD'S look great...grain and all:)...that wonderful 60's color shines on through...love those purples! Can't wait for Season 2 and hopefully 3!

13. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

I was thinking about getting this set. How many episodes are in Season 1?

Thanks
    Barry

14. Michael

15. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

Thanks!! Sounds like a must have!

Barry

16. ksmitty

ksmitty Senior Member

I picked it up the day of release at Best Buy. One of my favorite classic comedy shows of all time. I just wish they would release "Gomer Pyle" on DVD now . That was another one of my favorite goofy comedy shows from the 60's I enjoy. Has anyone heard any news on Gomer releases possibly ?

Picked up "In Living Color" season 1 this week as well as the "Johnny Carson" Best of 3 disk set.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.