Grimey's Record Store Is Relocating To East Nashville

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Myke, Apr 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lownote30

Lownote30 Bass Clef Addict

Closed, but the painted sign is still on the building.

Myke likes this.
  2. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse Thread Starter

Thanks. You're out near my two grandsons. They're in a nice section of Bellevue. I've always been amused by West Nashville always feeling like a road trip to a different city, at least from Madison. North, south, and east all feel nearby, in comparison.

3. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

It is, but it's mostly garbage. And if it's a remotely desirable LP in decent condition, they're going to ask at least $40 for it. I guess there's people that will pay $50 for an original pressing of "Seven Turns," but I can't afford to be one of them.

Open Fri-Sun, closed during the week. I guess enough tourists come by to where they don't have to open on weekdays. It was a fun store when I first moved here a decade ago, but there's no real reason to go at this point.

stinsojd and Myke like this.
  4. Lownote30

Ahh. Last I knew they were only open one day a week for a while, then closed completely. I guess they figured out a way to make it happen again. Back in the day, those guys were mean! If they didn't feel like answering questions about an album, they basically told you to go away!

5. walrus

It never felt like a friendly place. Seemed like a great way to run an independent business. :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

Lownote30 likes this.
  6. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse Thread Starter

Funny. I never felt that, but then I'm pretty much a curmudgeon myself, so... :laugh:

7. walrus

They were never, like, unfriendly necessarily. But they didn't really do anything to make people welcome either, or seem like they were really attempting to connect with customers in the way the best indie shops do. It's hard to state objectively, just more of a vibe thing.

Lownote30 and Myke like this.
  8. Lownote30

That's how I felt as well. They made me feel like I was the victim of David Spade's IT character from SNL. They also claimed to have an expert on The Who, but I knew more about the band than he did. He rolled his eyes at everything anyone said pretty much.

walrus likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.