Grrrrr: The Black Metal ~ Death Metal Thread*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Dreadnought, Oct 24, 2016.

1. Dreadnought

Dreadnought I'm a live wire. Look at me burn. Thread Starter

Definitely worth watching. The first one was really good.
    That little brat! He needed a time-out, or whatever they do to scalpel wielding kids these days.

[​IMG]

lenny nero likes this.
  2. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

MAYHEM - Peaceville To Release Remixed Reissue Of Grand Declaration Of War Album; Audio Samples StreamingPeaceville will release the long awaited remix of Mayhem's cult classic, Grand Declaration Of War, on December 7th. The release can be pre-ordered on CD digipak + digital, LP gatefold + digital, and Cassette + digital, at this location. An audio sampler can be found below.

Completely reworked from the original master...Wed, 10 Oct 2018 17:03:32 GMT

fuzzface and Dreadnought like this.
  3. nolazep

nolazep Burrito Enthusiast

I picked up the Listenable Records repress of Chemical Exposure (Illusions) by Sadus and it sounds perfect. According to the DR database all the values are 100% identical to the original CD release on R/C, so it looks like this is a straight non-remastered clone. Sounds awesome!

There are 2 second pregaps between the songs, but it only makes a difference between tracks 3 and 4. Other than that, this sucker rocks. Nice digipack, artwork close to the original.

Sigh, if I could only go back in time and tell myself on that fateful night back in 2001, "take all your cd's out the car!!!"

nosliw and Dreadnought like this.
  4. REMASTERANTER

REMASTERANTER Ahhhhhh...

Recent score:

lenny nero likes this.
  5. Dreadnought

Curiosity got this cat; I had to listen to a band that put out four albums in two weeks. From June 29 to July 15 2018 and then an EP the other day. Good thing that lately I have a craving for vocals with a more jagged edge to them or else I couldn't have endured the assault. Nothing great here but I have to wonder what comes next from this duo from Erie, Pennsylvania. Good luck googling "Monoliths" and "Dimensions" :p
    Here you go Dimensions - Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

From bandcamp these two songs from two different albums would be about their best.

Gates of the Nexus, the symbol of our temple, by Dimensions USBM

Temple of the Sun, by Dimensions USBM

Pinkie fingers unite!

[​IMG]

fuzzface and lenny nero like this.
  6. lenny nero

lenny nero down by the ruined bridge

fuzzface and Dreadnought like this.
  7. lenny nero

old school death metal with a space theme

[​IMG]

Dreadnought likes this.
  8. Dreadnought

The band Evoken isn't for me (tooooo sloooow) but this new song from an album coming Nov 9 picks up the pace from walk to trot to canter and back. Promising...giddy-up!
    Plus an owl! :righton:
    Hypnagogia, by EVOKEN

100423 and lenny nero like this.
  9. Dreadnought

This is a demo? Rather well polished. The info is "From Stench of Decay's second demo Where Death and Decay Reign. Released in 2009 as a cassette by Detest Records"

I'll have to dig deeper into this... :p

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
    lenny nero likes this.
  10. Dreadnought

So simple, so good. :love: Beautiful solo outro.

Geordie777, lenny nero and fuzzface like this.
  11. Dreadnought

Following the bouncing ball, seeing the fourth song is listed as "Vulgar Necrolatry (Abhorrence cover)" I bounce over to Abhorrence.
    Vulgar Necrolatry Demo 1990
    Seraphic Decay Records CD Sampler Split 1991
    Abhorrence EP 1991
    Megalohydrothalassophobic EP 2018
    Released September 14, 2018 Megalohydrothalassophobic, by Abhorrence

Reading the bandcamp statement I suddenly feel the need for coffee. @Deuce66 and @Brenald79 can probably spot why. :)

"The old Abhorrence sound, reaching from death to doom to black and psychedelia, is all there on the EP. This time, the pioneers of death metal horror have dug their claws into the deep abyss of the ocean. True to their roots of nightmare and terror, Abhorrence brings you a vision of Lovecraftian horror in the age of the ecological catastrophe. The lyrics fuse together the deeply unsettling tales of H.P. Lovecraft with the thought-provoking philosophy of Timothy Morton, arguably the most important thinker of the anthropoce, the current catastrophical age of human existence." - Svart Records

12. fuzzface

fuzzface Forum Resident

My iPod for walking is currently just the newest albums for Behemoth, Black Tusk, Dimmu Borgir, Marduk, and Cypress Hill. Great stuff.

lenny nero and Dreadnought like this.
  13. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

[​IMG]

Dreadnought likes this.
  14. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

C- 187, the band. Anyone heard these guys? Pat from Pestilence and guys from Athiest and Cynic. One album. Collapse from 2007.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
  15. Dreadnought

:righton:

I'm picturing the walk. :D

[​IMG]

Roll up the rim! :cool:

lenny nero, fuzzface and Brenald79 like this.
  16. Dreadnought

Hey Fuzz you know the funny walking pic is about the music, not the person, right. Just to be 100% clear. :)

fuzzface likes this.
  17. Dreadnought

The whole album can now be heard. Deimos Sanktuarium, by Vanhelgd
    Well, I made it half way through and pulled the plug. BUT on that Dark Descent page was this coming Oct 26 and I like it. I'll like it up until I get to hear the whole thing and pull the plug half way through. :D
    The Arteries of Heresy, by Devouring Star
    Cool name Devouring Star.

100423 and lenny nero like this.
  18. fuzzface

fuzzface Forum Resident

Never thought otherwise.

Dreadnought likes this.
  19. lenny nero

Someone posted this pic on the metal archives forum, should be an album cover!

[​IMG]

20. 100423

100423 Traversing The Dream

I was listening to Stench of Decay on youtube and meant to queue up Devouring Star, but instead had them playing at the same time. This is quite intense. :wiggle:

fuzzface, Dreadnought and lenny nero like this.
  21. lenny nero

Really looking forward to this one. It's been a good year for funeral doom, with new ones from Mournful Congregation, Un, and now to close out the year, one from the legendary Evoken. Can't wait.

22. lenny nero

Flying down to the FL panhandle tomorrow for a week on the beach before Old Man Winter curls his ice cold fingers around us. Nuthin like a black metal beach party!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

fuzzface, 100423 and Dreadnought like this.
  23. Dreadnought

Jeebus! That is a fantastic photo. You're right about an album cover. Those upper branches also do resemble the lettering of some band name logos. Some crafty artist could go to town with this. A slightly baffling photo as the distance compression looks like it was a telephoto lens but then how was it all lit like that? Powerful lights I guess.
    Not nearly as impressive as that road shot, I like this design of a new cassette for Antiversum. I want socks with that design. ;)

[​IMG]

And in other photos that grabbed my attention, you can now go berserk on Behemoth beer. That reminds me, back in the good old days (1993?) on our way home after a night on the town my buddy and I noticed our voices echoed within the subway station and we proceeded to howl like wolves.

[​IMG]

Haha. I just tried it and it doesn't sound wrong. Now I wonder which movie it syncs with better, Wizard of Oz or Texas Chainsaw Massacre. :cool:

I've listened to the two bandcamp Devouring Star songs like four times and I love it.

fuzzface and lenny nero like this.
  24. Dreadnought

Hilarious. Is the middle photo real? Looks real. Coincidentally I watched the surfing leads to skateboarding history true story movie Lords of Dogtown (2005) last night. My son informed me that this was his fav movie in high-school. Also the entire movie I thought this kid was a young Ewan McGregor. Then the credits say it's someone named Emile Hirsch.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

lenny nero likes this.
  25. lenny nero

It's some lonely road in Northern Ireland, I'm assuming the lights are headlights from a car.

It's actually a still from a music vid, Supremacy by Muse

Emile Hirsch, recently saw him in the horror flick, The Autopsy of Jane Doe.