Guns N' Roses finish 'Chinese Democracy' album

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by 2bitnogoodjive, Apr 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2bitnogoodjive

2bitnogoodjive Member Thread Starter

2. pdenny

pdenny 22-Year SHTV Participation Trophy Recipient

Wizz.

3. jstraw

jstraw Forum Resident

Nine days late.

4. zobalob

zobalob Senior Member

5. bluesbro

bluesbro Forum Hall of Shame

6. 2bitnogoodjive

2bitnogoodjive Member Thread Starter

Gorts please fix thread title: Guns N' Roses finish 'Chinese Democracy' album

7. DJ WILBUR

DJ WILBUR The Cappuccino Kid

interesting the label and artist are "haggling" over money and rights issues with Rose.

this g doesnt seem to do anything easily...and a reality show will make it the joke. if thats true, an embarrasing and bad move. no one wants to see this guy live and in person being the tool that he is on a reality show....

8. Bertly

Bertly Senior Member

9. I'll believe it when I see my free Dr. Pepper. :winkgrin:

10. mrbillswildride

mrbillswildride Internet Asylum Escapee 2010, 2012, 2014

I assume you mean 9 years late...

...and does anyone 'really' care anymore?

That axel lost the plot and the driving wheel long ago...

cheers,

11. autumn daze

autumn daze I really don't belong here

Very funny!

12. Almost Simon

Almost Simon Forum Resident

It's been so long NOBODY really cares. I was surprised how much the UK music magazine "Classic Rock" was talking the album up recently. They seemed to suggest the leaked tunes sounded amazing and that it will be great.

I'm sure there'll be plenty of coverage and fuss when it comes out but to be honest, I really could not give a stuff. :thumbsdn: :shake:

13. reechie

reechie Senior Member

Heh, what's funny is, if this news report turned out to be true, nobody would believe it! :laugh:

14. cconnaker

cconnaker Forum Resident

$13 Million and 14 years to make the album!

I really do hope it is good, but living up to expectations may be tough to do on this one.

15. mrbillswildride

Without Slash and the old GnR gang, there is no way in hell this album could be any good, let alone be called a GnR album... It's Axel's mental mind****...

cheese,

16. rene smalldridge

rene smalldridge Senior Member

........That would be chinese democratic mental mind cheese!

17. mrbillswildride

:righton: :righton: :righton:

BOYCOTT BEJING! ;)

18. DaveN

DaveN Music Glutton

Is it April 1 again? So soon?

19. guidedbyvoices

guidedbyvoices Old Dan's Records

Even should this album be good, giving them the benefit of the doubt, there's no way it lives up to any expectations after 15 or so years. Plus, there's no way in this music economy it sells 18 trillion copies like they used to.

If I was Axl, I'd say I shelved Chinese Democracy, and here's an album we cooked up in 2 weeks. Just get the monkey off their backs and get them back in the public eye with music that even if it sucks, gets them clear of Chinese Democracy.

20. DaveN

DaveN Music Glutton

I disagree with the high-expectations stuff. Eight years ago, there would have been high expectations. But I think that curve peaked sometime ago and has fallen precipitously since. Is there a single rock critic or fan who does not think this will be a trainwreck? If it doesn't totally suck, that will be exceeding expectations.

21. jstraw

jstraw Forum Resident

The last thing Axl could possibly want is for this album to live up to my expectations.

22. dprokopy

dprokopy Senior Member

Wouldn't it be funny if the album actually turned out to be a genuine masterpiece, and as we're all listening to it, we're all thinking to ourselves, "Well, of course it took him so long to do this - he was absolutely right in putting that much time and energy into perfecting every single note of this." Won't we all look pretty foolish then?

Yea, I'm kinda doubting it myself...

23. johnny 99

johnny 99 Down On Main Street

I think he might have waited too long to release this.
    Although I'll be curious about it.

24. tspit74

tspit74 Senior Member

He'd be better off just calling his new band Chinese Democracy and leaving the album to be self-titled.

I never bought into the whole G'n'R thing. It went right by me. But for anybody to take 14 years on a record shows serious instability and ineptitude. I don't think he was planning on living 14 years and now he's stuck with this thing. His bills have probably all come due. He needs to release it, have it fail, get sued, file bankruptcy, and start over clean.

25. jstraw

jstraw Forum Resident

I never bought into it either but "Appetite" was on great record.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.