Hannibal-TV Series

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by wayneklein, Apr 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ElevatorSkyMovie

ElevatorSkyMovie Senior Member

Yes. It's a good practice. We should all shut off crap like this.

2. jsayers

jsayers Just Drifting....

You know what? I agree with you. I gave up on this show already - I've got other things to do with my time. There's something to be said for leaving some things to your imagination.

3. Daryl M

Daryl M Senior Member

I keep watching it.....when is Gillian Anderson finally going to appear?

4. wayneklein

wayneklein Forum Fool Thread Starter

On the contrary I don't think it glorifies them at all. They are presented as pretty disturbed individuals and even those thst chase them almost in the same boat.Is it gory? Yes and it does --for better or worse--push the binaries of good taste on TV.

5. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Peter Griffin on Family Guy the other night was reading a book about JFK, and to illustrate the point, about a forth of his head blew off during the scene. I thought, "imagine taking this scene back 50 years and showing it to people after the assassination and saying, 'here's what they're going to joke about in cartoon sitcoms in the future.'"

6. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

"Bones" regularly shows more gore than this show.

7. wayneklein

It's no worse than CSI or any other show of this type or, for that matter, "Silence of the Lambs", "Red Dragon", "Primarl Fear" or any other thriller of this type. The difference here is that it's playing on TV vs. being in movie thaters. You may feel it's crap but that doesn't mean it'll be crap to everyone. As pointed out above the average episode of "Bones" can be as gory as this the difference is the tone of the series. Does it glorify violence or serial killers? I don't think it does any more than any other show of its type (or movie for that matter) and, in fact does portray them as disturbed as any other series does.

Perhaps its the darker tone that disturbs you and others or the writing just doesn't appeal to you but it fits in well with Demme's film and Ratner's in terms of overall tone, characters, etc.

8. ChadHahn

ChadHahn Forum Resident

I watch the show and think it's alright but I wonder why they have to show so much gore. I've been trying to remember but do they show as many mutilated bodies on Dexter?

Chad

9. wayneklein

No (well, sometimes) but Dexter doesn't mutilate his victims. There have been some episodes of the show that have had plenty of gore though.

10. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

Dexter is Showtime which is allowed more nudity and violence.

Funny the show is Hannibal but he's not the main character.

11. tommy-thewho

Gillian Anderson made her debut last night.

Loved the music in last night's episode...

12. misterdecibel

This episode was more Hannibal-centric too.

13. Senn20

Senn20 Forum Resident

You're talking about a time when TV married couples slept in separate beds. We don't worry so much about offending people's delicate sensibilities anymore. Naiveté isn't a virtue.

It's not like people in the 1950's weren't fascinated by murder mysteries, they're just more graphic now. Greater realism can mean a more immersive experience for the viewer.

I'm in the, "If you don't like it, don't watch it," camp.

enro99 likes this.
  14. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

15. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

Was the one with the orchestra
    murder edited ? or just a short
    episode

16. The best drama on network tv. It's intense and beautiful. Love the acting and direction but a surprise for the network. Happy it was renewed

A great show

17. ChadHahn

ChadHahn Forum Resident

The finale of the Office was long so they left out fifteen minutes of commercials.

Chad

Scope J likes this.
  18. ChadHahn

ChadHahn Forum Resident

Hidden text. Highlight below to reveal text. Also if someone can tell me how to hide text.

Ok, I got a little confused with last weeks episode. I get that Lecter is hiding the fact of Will's illness so he can study the effects. I can also see that he killed the neurologist so he wouldn't tell Graham about his encephalitis. Did Hannibal kill the doctor in that manner so that Will would think he was the murderer?

Also, are we to believe that a crazy woman with a bloody dress and skin peeling off her body just walked from Delaware to Baltimore with out attracting attention and found the hospital everyone was at and happened into the doctor's office at the instant Hannibal was killing the neurologist?

Chad

19. tommy-thewho

Glad it's coming back next year.

20. tommy-thewho

I had a hunch it was gonna end like I thought it would. Either Will dead or put away somewhere.

Great acting by all.... I'm in for another season.

Sounds like Hannibal's therapist knows what's going on.

21. misterdecibel

I wonder if she knew what she was eating?

22. tommy-thewho

Doubtful.

23. AndrewS

AndrewS Senior Member

Fantastic season-ender! I really like what they're doing with this show. Just enough variation to make it different from the books, but similar enough that it is also familiar.

Very nice touch using Vide Cor Meum!

24. misterdecibel

How many times over the course of the series have they used the phrase: "...which he would consider rude"?

25. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

Teaser for season II looks creepy !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.