Happy 89th to Chuck Berry!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Muddy, Oct 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. action pact

action pact Music Omnivore

I thought of including him, but as cool as he is, I do not see Dion as being as important as the others I mentioned.

2. mmars982

mmars982 Forum Resident

According to his site, his last performances were a little more than a year ago. Nothing scheduled for the future as far as I can find.

3. Boswell

Boswell Forum Resident

I don't think of Dion as from the same generation as Perkins, Domino, Lewis, Presley or Berry. He's a little younger as well

4. Ken E.

Ken E. Senior Member

If you need any assistance, call a man with experience in these matters - Denny Hastert!

5. JoeF.

JoeF. Forum Resident

Too bad Elvis is not here, but those are the big four. Amazing they are still with us.
    Happy Birthday, Chuck!

6. JoeF.

JoeF. Forum Resident

A
    What do Hugh Hefner, Mike Love and Chuck Berry have in common?

7. Glenn Christense

Glenn Christense Foremost Beatles expert... on my block

Heh. Mike hasn't achieved Chuck and Hugh's Naval rank yet, but he isn't 89 yet either.

[​IMG]

8. knob twirler

knob twirler Senior Member

Mike is just in character here for his long-awaited solo single version of "Land Ahoy."

9. skisdlimit

skisdlimit Forum Resident

And a happy 90th to Chuck Berry, today! :cheers:

10. the sands

the sands Forum Resident

Wow he is that old. I saw him live in 1987. It seems such a long time ago, back to my youth and Chuck was only 60.

11. nikosvault

nikosvault Forum Resident

Considering the mortality rate of 60's, 70's and now even 80's popstars, I think it's pretty incredible that so many of them are still with us.

[​IMG]

12. Glenn Christense

Glenn Christense Foremost Beatles expert... on my block

I saw Chuck open for the Stones in Chicago in 1969. This was long before it was a known fact that Chuck would pick up a couple of guys in town to play with him, so I was amazed at the time that he had two guys that looked about 19 and played as if they were clueless about his music. It makes me laugh in retrospect to realize that even given a slot opening for the Rolling Stones, Chuck wasn't gonna change his modus operandi. :D

And of course, like all the older guys I saw back then at the time, I considered myself lucky to catch a performance by this "grand old man" before he died.
    He was 43 at the time. :laugh:

Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
    Meyer likes this.
  13. the sands

the sands Forum Resident

He was backed by a Norwegian band called New Jordal Swingers on the concert I attended in Oslo. He was a rock legend and a pioneer, it was great just to be there, to be in a room with the real Chuck Berry. I was so in awe of artists when I was young. :tiphat:

Glenn Christense likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.