Happy with Your Audio System?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Mike from NYC, Sep 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

I have the cd5i (1 not 2) and I like it a lot. I see no real need to change other than if I had the money I could. When I was shoping around I heard a lot of good reports about a Naim and Spendor match.

Eddie

2. TStewart422

TStewart422 Forum Resident

As soon as I add the AKG k701/2s; my audiophile headphone rig will be complete!:D

3. bliss53

bliss53 Forum Resident

I think I have most stuff the way I want it. I like the sound. Speaker modifications over the last year have really brought me to a good place. I am currently trying to avoid the cable and tube rolling money pits.

4. MacGyver

MacGyver Forum Resident

Very Happy. i'll be even happier once i get my PIONEER PD-3000 CDP up and running. i should be able to accomplish that in a month or two. after that, the final puzzle piece i'll be missing is a copy of the ultra-rare PIONEER PL-90 Turntable. that, however, is largely a pipe dream. so, in sum, once my CDP is fixed, i'll be very satisfied, and :goodie: with joy!!

PIONEER PD-3000 REFERENCE COMPACT DISC PLAYER (1987)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

PIONEER PL-90 REFERENCE STEREO TURNTABLE (1986)

[​IMG]

5. dividebytube

dividebytube Forum Resident

I'm never 100% happy with my system but it certainly is better than it was a few years ago.

6. TimB

TimB Pop, Rock and Blues for me!

I enjoy my system a lot

But little tweeks, and an occasional buy/sell of a piece will always happen. I f I could noy buy an other pieces, I could be very content with what I have.

7. detroit muscle

detroit muscle MIA

I'd like to upgrade a few cables, but other than that I've no plans to change anything.

8. BradOlson

BradOlson Country/Christian Music Maven

I voted I'm So Happy I Can Just Dance With You

9. jackaroe

jackaroe Active Member

I'm so happy I can dance. Although my room could use some treatment.

10. fmuakkassa

fmuakkassa Dr. M

Getting better all the time for me.

11. bhazen

bhazen GOO GOO GOO JOOB

There's absolutely nothing wrong with NAD gear. Someone you know is being unfair.

Truth: I bought all my Naim stuff years ago, when I had a lot more disposable income than now; if I were buying a new stereo now, in my current financial situation, I'd have no problem with (say) a NAD CD receiver and a pair of (say, again) Paradigm Atoms or similar.

I hate hifi snobbery. It should be all about the music, full stop.

12. BradOlson

BradOlson Country/Christian Music Maven

You are right that there is nothing wrong with NAD gear.

bhazen likes this.
  13. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

Ever since I got my VPI Classic TT, I am Happy. My old TT was ok but the new one fits in with the quality of the rest of my system. Sure, I know there is much better out there but for my income, I am really happy.

14. motorcitydave

motorcitydave Enlightened Rogue In Memoriam

I'm in the same boat, unfortunately. :sigh: I'm glad I bought my current system when I did (2 1/2 years ago,) because the prices have gone up pretty significantly on the new units.

I'm currenty saving up for a pair of JBL 4348s which I will buy from Kenrick Sound in Tokyo, Japan. The reason being is that the 4348s are not available in North America!

15. BigManAndy

BigManAndy Active Member

I just looked that model up...there absolutely gorgeous. I can only imagine the sound.

16. motorcitydave

Exactly. The 4348s are a direct descendant of the 4344 monitors. But with better drivers overall. Plus, a more advanced crossover.

This speaker is a winner, to me.

I just need to come up with about $8000, haha.

17. BigManAndy

BigManAndy Active Member

nice!!

That's a hefty chunk of change, but at the same time you would be set with speakers well...for...ever, and than some.

18. Sneaky Pete

Sneaky Pete Flat the 5 and That’s No Jive

I would like to get a new turntable/cartridge next, but I'm pretty happy.

19. motorcitydave

Exactly. I look at it as an investment. The JBL monitors have high resale value. :cool:

20. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

Agreed. A few of my friends had NAD gear and it always sounded good.

Eddie

21. McGruder

McGruder Eternal Musicphile

I think I'm a speaker upgrade away from dancing with you, but I really enjoy my system immensely which I suppose means I feel fine :)

22. Meddle_Guy

Meddle_Guy Forum Resident

I'm happy with mine, but am budgeting for speaker replacement next year.

Then I'll be REALLY HAPPY......

23. Meddle_Guy

Meddle_Guy Forum Resident

Absolutely. Its this kind of attitude that gives audiophiles a bad reputation.

24. NewKidInTown

NewKidInTown Forum Resident

I really enjoy my Marantz Amp and my little Baby Advents for my office, and my Pioneer Elite CD in the living room but other than that, I'm aching for better components...someday...

25. Jvalvano

Jvalvano Senior Member

I'm very happy with my system. I haven't changed anything, except the occasional tube rolling, in several years. Not to say I couldn't go for a change in sound or an improvement but overall I like what I have and if there is one thing I have learned in this hobby is that the upgrade path is an endless and sometimes frustrating road. I prefer to enjoy what I have and not worry about how I can change the sound or improve things.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.