Has anyone heard the new B-52's set from Rhino?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Dan C, Jun 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dan C

Dan C Forum Fotographer Thread Starter

It has a great selection of songs on 2 CDs and nice packaging in typical Rhino fashion. I had it in my hands last time I was at the record store but decided to wait on it.
    How's the sound?

Thanks,
    Dan C

2. Steve Burns

Steve Burns Mr. Troll Dude

Dan,

Since no one here seems to have heard that one, do you have their single-CD best-of, "Time Capsule"? It's remastered by Bob Ludwig and sounds quite good. BTW, I believe the Rhino double is available through one of the CD clubs (cheap, of course).

3. RickA

RickA Love you forever Luke, we will be together again

Dan,

I have the 2 cd set, I at first hestitated because the Time Capsule is really good and I have a HDCD player but by finding a promo of the new set I sprang for it. The sound is even warmer, the song selection and feel is also better. Booklet and packaging are great! As time moves on I just love this band more and more. And more than anything I love them because they were one of the biggest reasons for John Lennon to come out of retirement and record "Double Fantasty".
    Remember reading a interview w/John saying while vacationing in the islands with Sean and hearing the B52's for the first time., he scream with delight and called Yoko , My gosh, they caught up with us, the music is great, and it's time!.

Thank you B52's!

Rick A.

4. Dan C

Dan C Forum Fotographer Thread Starter

Thanks guys.
    Hmm, I hadn't even thought of the record club. I just paid off BMG so maybe I should take a look there:) (shame about their new web site. Yuck!).
    I'll be picking up one of those B-52's CDs soon.
    Thanks again,
    Dan C

5. bobbylion

bobbylion New Member

Unfortunately BMG doesn't offer it. Columbia House does, and their cheaper CDHQ offshoot (it offered the same deal as BMG) recently went out of operation.

Bobby

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.