Help please! What song is this?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Sergio Ruz, Jan 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sergio Ruz

Sergio Ruz Senior Member Thread Starter

Yesterday I remembered a song I sometimes hear while channel surfing on the TV, the National Geographic channel of all places, if I'm not mistaken; an old time 40's, 50's jazz/blues torch song kind of feeling with a female vocal, and the following lyric:

"If you don't love me, go on your merry way, no hard feelings, what more can I say..."

Any suggestions on who could sing that song? I tried searching on several sites, only to come up with some Fleetwood Mac lyrics and a Tony Bennett reference to a song called "No hard feelings", but no lyrics to be had.

Thanks!

2. chip-hp

chip-hp Cool Cat

Are you able to provide any more clues ... was the song part of a commercial? ... or associated with a particular program on the NG channel?

3. Sergio Ruz

IIRC, it must have been one of those channel ID spots, one of those "shark week" promo ads, maybe? I distinctly remember the spot having to do with sharks, hence the ironic use of the song, another part of the lyric says "if you don't love let's call it a day" and then goes on to the "go on your merry way, what more can I say" part.

It has an Ella Fitzgerald/Sarah Vaughn vibe, a 50's type ballad, only piano, drums and vocals, no bass if I remember correctly.

4. guy incognito

guy incognito Senior Member

Dinah Washington did a song called "No Hard Feelings" on her Back to the Blues album in 1963, could that be the one? (Nope, I don't know the lyrics to that song. Sorry!)

5. chip-hp

chip-hp Cool Cat

Here is a Tower Records link where you can listen to the first 40 seconds of Dinah's "No Hard Feelings" on the "Back To The Blues" CD... thou didn't hear any of the lyrics you mentioned ...

6. Sergio Ruz

Ah! Thanks! I'll listen to it as soon as I'm in my home computer (don't have headphones or speakers here at my job), anyhow I've written to the NG channel, maybe they'll answer soon.

7. Zeonardo

Zeonardo New Member

I can't believe I found this post.
    I have been looking for this song for the last 10 years without any success. I had less than a clue about it, and hardly any correct part of the lyrics.
    I also heard this song on the Shark Week promo ad on NatGeo and have been searching since then.

Thank you guys.
    Here are the lyrics. You won't find it easily on the internet, so I wrote it myself while listening to the song

Dinah Washington - No Hard Feelings (1963)

8. pscreed

pscreed Upstanding Member

Welcome to the forum Z - you'll fit right in :)

Zeonardo likes this.
  9. Zeonardo

Zeonardo New Member

Thank you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.