Help With Name of TV Show Regarding Declassified Science Files???

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Tin Whisker, May 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tin Whisker

Tin Whisker Forum Resident Thread Starter

So, I seem to remember this tv show from the 90's or 2000's that was what I think was a faux-science / science fiction program about declassified files from the Ministry of Science (?) about unexplained phenomena.

The episode I remember was about some kind of dimensional aperture that appeared in South America (in a house). It looked like a tall black column. First a child rolled a ball into it and it didn't come out the other side. Then a science team came in with a robotic probe that had an extendable arm with a camera attached to it. There was nothing on the monitors the camera could pick up, so they sent the probe in.

Anyway, at the end of the episode, the aperture disappeared and the ball and probe were sitting side-by-side on the living room floor indicating the interior of the aperture was dimensionally transcendental.

Ring any bells??

2. dryce

dryce Forum Resident

Sounds like it could have been an Outer Limits episode. Do you recall the network?

3. Tin Whisker

4. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

That does sound familiar. Any chance it was Fringe? They did almost half a season of shows "as if" we were watching the version of Fringe from "the other side".

5. Tin Whisker

No, I've seen all of the episodes of Fringe

6. dryce

dryce Forum Resident

I thought about that too .

7. Tin Whisker

Found it!!!!

From IMDB...

PSI Factor: Chronicles of the Paranormal (1996–2000)

Season 1 - Episode 4 - "The Creeping Darkness/Power"

"A mysterious field of darkness inexplicably appears in the home of an Argentinian family and starts to slowly expand. A single mother begins to lose control over her psychokinetic power and asks the O.S.I.R. team for help."

8. beccabear67

beccabear67 Musical omnivore.

I remember that series but that particular episode doesn't ring any bells. I bet men in black or saucermen have erased it from my mind! Only possibility. :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.