Hendrix "Axis: Bold as Love" Alternate Mix?*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by paulg61, Oct 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davenav

davenav High Plains Grifter

It's not the only time this has happened. Carl Wilson lost the original mix of Do It Again, if memory serves.

2. davenav

Maybe they were found by the next fare and the driver never knew? Or, maybe they were in the trunk? Are we sure he had them on the seat next to him?

3. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

They need not be on the seat or in the trunk to be forgotten, not relevant imo.

4. bob g.

bob g. Senior Member

I wouldn't take the oral history as gospel. Perhaps certain parties wanted more time to prepare a more elaborate mix and concocted a "dog ate my homework" tale. And I doubt that "one night" was the true time required. I suspect that this episode foreshadowed Electric Ladyland.

5. davenav

I was referring as to why the driver didn't return them, not why they were forgotten. It WAS a kinda rambling and shambolic post...

6. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

This is what Jimi probably said to Eddie when asked why the f did you forget these killer master mixes. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

7. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

Jimmy Page wiped the drum track for part of Celebration day before it was released.

Jimi had several instances of forgetfullness. Calling Jack Cassedy "Jack Bruce" onstage in Oakland in 1969. The piece of paper he signed in 1965 and didn't tell his manager. In his final letter to Seattle he called his legal step-sister "Jenny" rather than Janie(now runs his estate). I image a couple girlfriends escaped his recall now and then.

SA

8. texron

texron Rory On

Just got and played my Mono version from Classic.........Holy mono..I sure have been missing a lot. What a great pressing, quiet as a church mouse. Little Wing is truly amazing..Go buy it.

9. vonwegen

vonwegen Forum Resident

The only surviving DAT master cassette of Shack's Waterpistol album rode around in the glove compartment of an Alamo rent-a-car for almost a year before it was found and sent back to the producer, who had left it there when he had vacationed in the States. The other DAT and the multitracks had perished in a studio fire shortly after the album was completed. A great album would have been lost forever if not for some conscientious car renter.

SinnerSaint likes this.
  10. rbp

rbp Forum Resident

I have just acquired a P20P-22002 Polydor Japan with the matrix P33P-25023-A2K
    The obi has 1990 on it.
    It is the alternate mix without the intro to You've Got Me Floating.

SinnerSaint likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.