Here we talk about: Lewis - L'Amour

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by thebunk, Apr 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thebunk

thebunk Senior Member Thread Starter

Oh I agree with you. Sorry not intended towards you at all. What I mean is LITA are saying that once all of the existing pressings of RT and L'Amour are gone, that's it. So as a fairly active participant in this thread, I would advise grabbing both, if you have not already because worst case I am sure you will come close to getting your money back at least (if you do not like them).

People are already reporting L'Amour is getting difficult to find.

2. nbakid2000

nbakid2000 On Indie's Cutting Edge

I might end up buying the first one as well while I'm at it. You're right, I can probably get my money back easily if need be.

3. goombay

goombay Forum Resident

I see that hes going to do a new album at Fiasco, and now that he has cachet, im sure with extra musicians.

4. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

Where does it say that.? We don't even know where Lewis is located, and apparently nor do Fiasco.

IMO, Fiasco is selling downloads of an album without permission and worrying about the consequences later.

5. rob68

rob68 Senior Member

They are 320.

6. rob68

rob68 Senior Member

Didn't the Romantic Times CDs ship this week?

Any interesting pics or liner notes?

Edit - Just checked the LITA website. Now says shipping September 4th.

7. goombay

goombay Forum Resident

Fiasco said that if sales are good then a new album will commence in October. Its obvious they have been in contact for some time, and are responsible for his reappearance.

8. thebunk

Yeah, real "obvious"

9. SuperFuzz

SuperFuzz Forum Resident

Well, Light in the Attic set the precedent here.
    And there were no consequences... apparently Lewis (Randy) was super chill and A-OK with it all. Didn't even take money offered to him in compensation.
    (I know I've said this same thing here before, but apparently it's worth re-mentioning.)

10. nbakid2000

nbakid2000 On Indie's Cutting Edge

Thanks, I couldn't find that information.

11. goombay

goombay Forum Resident

well, yeah, its obvious. i dont know about folks here, but ive been to a studio or two in my day, and ive never heard of anyone recording for many years without any contact info. its not something thats going to go down with me.
    AND, not but a couple of weeks after hes 'found' its revealed that plans for new recording have been more or less finazlized.

12. thebunk

You have been spilling conspiracy theories and doubt in this thread the entire time and even when proven wrong you still blindly spew crap.

I am more willing to be that this just a case of this producer trying to cash in on Lewis and nothing more. The title of the artist on the release (basically listing all names he was known as) and the thrown together cover art (Cover art was clearly important to Lewis) are the big clues here, along with Lewis stating the past music is behind him. These new releases are not current by any means.

13. goombay

goombay Forum Resident

What conspiracy theory? The guy from Fiasco, emailed everyone that if they sold enough copies they would START a new album in October. I dont think you need to create a conspiracy theory that Lewis and Fiasco are working together, after all its Lewis material and property to do as he pleases with it.
    Besides everything ive posted has been spot on, no big thing, anyone who wants to read between the lines can figure it out.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2014
  14. goombay

goombay Forum Resident

If Fiasco is going to start a new album with Lewis in Oct, i think its reasonable to suppose that hes got Lewis OK to upload. He didnt upload prior to his reappearance.

15. Grunge Master

Grunge Master 8 Bit Enthusiast

I bet Lewis can't believe how he has single-handedly divided message boards down the middle-the Baloue's, and the non-Baloue's.

16. SuperFuzz

SuperFuzz Forum Resident

I see no reason to assume he got Lewis's ok at all. Now that Lewis is a hot item, anybody and everybody that has any recording of the guy is going to try and capitalize on it. I expected this to happen... and I'm sure more people with more recordings will start coming out of the woodwork now.

I don't know what you mean about a new recording to commence in October... neither does anybody else. Maybe you could provide a link to corroborate this "obvious" info.

17. goombay

goombay Forum Resident

you go to the hipinion forum where its discussed, how the Fiasco guy emailed EVERYONE who had contacted him about Lewis with the new link and the addition, that 'if sales go good then we record a new album in Oct.' i dont think it would be a good idea for a studio to release material recorded there without authorization, that would be the death knell for them and nobody would record there anymore.
    I dont think there will any more unathorized Lewis, there is such a thing as contingency legal fees.

18. Bryce

Bryce I drank what?

I think L'Amour vs. Romantic Times is a fruitless debate in some ways. Like you, I prefer the first, but I think the second adds such compelling context and stands very well on its own. The first album is so special because it can be played in most any circumstance and it does not demand that you listen. Romantic Times however rewards active listening. This is the sound of a man on the edge. I really do think it contains brilliant music irrespective of the myth. I love them both and think they compliment each other perfectly.

I'm listening to Romantic Times now as I'm sitting here thinking about these things and reviewing the latest on this thread. Being a huge Julee Cruise/Twin Peaks fan may explain my special affinity for Romantic Times as well...

[​IMG]

EasterEverywhere and I333I like this.
  19. SuperFuzz

SuperFuzz Forum Resident

Thanks for the link.

20. goombay

goombay Forum Resident

there is no link to the email, but there are peeps there discussing having received it. that new stuff aint gonna sell that many copies anyways, the guitar aint even mic ed, is bleeds thru the vocal mic. a brand new recording with a synth and a sax and maybe some congas, that will be another story.

21. Grunge Master

Grunge Master 8 Bit Enthusiast

Just by listening to a couple of tracks on YouTube, isn't Romantic Times more of a...uh...sexual thing than L'Amour? What I mean is, when you listen to L'Amour, it just sounds like a guy singing sad love songs to Karen. I mean you can't tell what he's saying, so for all I know he's saying raunchy things. The couple of tracks I've heard of Romantic Times, he sounds like he's moaning in some of them. I have to be honest, I don't care for the RT as much. His 'vibrato' is so much more pronounced, and not really all that good. It takes away from the music for me.

22. Using quotes implies that what you're saying is quoted directly from your other source. Above, you quoted a Hipinion post that quoted the email sent from Len/Fiasco. You said that it says 'if sales go good then we record a new album in Oct.'. The email/post actually reads 'If this release does OK we will start a new album this fall'. Those two quotes are worlds apart and the latter does not suggest contact with the artist as does your version, especially when the producer has already stated to more than one party that he has several unreleased albums being in his possession.

23. goombay

goombay Forum Resident

Key word is "we", which barring any conspiracy theory, i assume to mean Fiasco and Lewis.
    Additionally, STARTING the new album is in the future, the albums recorded there were done 10 years ago.

24. I333I

I333I Forum Resident

Haha. That didn't take long.
    Lewis is a grower, for sure. It really gets under your skin. I listen to RT a lot for what it is, and what the mood conveys, and that says a lot.

25. I333I

I333I Forum Resident

Haha. In all of your assumptions and predisposed ideas, which ones have actually been correct? None. WHY are you on this thread??!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.