Hers And Hers And His: The Three's Company appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by PaulKTF, Dec 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jayski

Jayski Forum Resident

I've seen some episodes of Man About The House, the British original Three's Company and did not find it funny. But maybe it's me and English humor.

2. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member Thread Starter

I was just watching the show on Antenna TV and it occurred to me that John Ritter and Don Knotts were able to take what was a pretty silly, absurd show and make it really work with their comic timing.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2016
    soundboy, Keith V, MRamble and 2 others like this.
  3. PaulKTF

4. bartels76

bartels76 Forum Hall Of Fame

I got the biography of Three's Company just this past year: Come On Knock On Our Door. Highly recommended if you want to know more about the show.
    The Ropers are on Antenna TV if you want to see how that went down as well as Three's A Crowd. They play the hell out of these shows so you can probably see all of these eps within a few months.

Benno123 likes this.
  5. PaulKTF

I actually like The Ropers more than Three's A Crowd. Norman Fell is great even in a mediocre show. :)

Benno123 likes this.
  6. bartels76

bartels76 Forum Hall Of Fame

And let's not forget Emmy winning Jeffery Tambor. That's how I first knew him.

7. S. P. Honeybunch

S. P. Honeybunch Presidente de Kokomo, Endless Mikelovemoney

The show is set in Santa Monica. The later episodes intro with the bumper cars and such on the pier is from Santa Monica Pier.

8. modrevolve

modrevolve Forum Resident

Besides playing Jeffery, he appeared in three episodes of Three Company as different characters each time.

Keith V likes this.
  9. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

I watched it if there was nothing else on and became quite fond of Joyce's wheels when she stepped out and let her inner sexpot out.
    I remember a guy in college walking in and saying "who the f is THAT??!' I told him. he didn't believe it.........needless to say, he sat down to watch.

10. jmobrien68

jmobrien68 Forum Resident

The only one that comes to close to touching this one was a later episode when Janet was being taken advantage of by some dance instructor and Jack comforted her... I forget the details, but the image of that scene still makes my eyes well up a little.

driverdrummer, Keith V and Encuentro like this.
  11. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

"May I have this dance."

I've seen every episode of this show a gazillion times. John Ritter was a great comedic actor. He's been compared to Buster Keaton for his great physical comedy skills.

Keith V likes this.
  12. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

The theme song is super cheesy, but the show is very funny.

13. MRamble

MRamble Forum Resident

For those interested, AntennaTV ran a marathon over the weekend which included a reunion of the cast (sans Sommers). They've reposted the entire reunion segment found on their Facebook page. Hope this link works:

14. Bingo Bongo

Bingo Bongo Music gives me Eargasms

2 great actors we've lost! :oops:

Benno123 likes this.
  15. thgord

thgord In Search of My Next Euphoric Groove

I like the show where there was a big misunderstanding.

16. Solitaire1

Solitaire1 Carpenters Fan

I, too, hoped that Jack would end up with Janet. The introduction of Vicki (and Janet's fiancée) seemed quickly forced into the show. It would have been better it Jack and Janet grew closer as the last season progressed, leading to them falling in love. Unlike anyone who could have been introduced, both Jack and Janet have seen each other at their best and at their worst. Plus, both characters slowly evolved as the show progressed, with neither being the same people they were at the beginning.

Wasn't that "a little ditty..."?

What if you put him on the screen at the same time as The Sixth Doctor?

I agree, that was her best look.

Concerning Terri, although I didn't care for her character all that much there was one episode that was great: Jack puts on a fake mustache and Terri suddenly falls in love with him.

Benno123 likes this.
  17. soundboy

soundboy Senior Member

More secrets about Three's Company....

18. bekayne

bekayne Senior Member

19. bekayne

bekayne Senior Member

20. Johnny Rocker

Johnny Rocker Well-Known Member

Little do they know, their second cousin is viewing this. LOL!:righton:[​IMG] shhhh, don't tell anyone, Lol! Too bad I never knew the relative in person.....:cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.