Hi-res digital vinyl Rip.

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Cyrille.A, Oct 2, 2017.

1. elvisizer

elvisizer Active Member

San Jose
    I use the Korg DSD recorder too, but I keep the files as DSD 5.6- Audiogate lets you split and label tracks without converting to PCM if you don't want to.
    The Korg is easy to use and sounds great, I love it.
    BayouTiger likes this.
  2. Cliff

Cliff Magic Carpet Man

Northern CA
    I always capture at 24/176.4 (dividend of 44.1). Do click repair, separate the tracks, label them and save at that resolution in my folder called vinyl rips (my master files). I listen on my Schiit/Sennheiser computer setup at raw resolution or 'send' it to my Oppo for listening on my main system. I also down-sample/dither to 16/44.1 for mobile listening. I would never capture at 16/44.1. That would be a waste of time, IMO.
  3. BayouTiger

BayouTiger Forum Resident

New Orleans
    Love the Korg, but Audiogate, not so much. I use it to get the recording, but much prefer to work the file in VinylStudio.
  4. Cyrille.A

Cyrille.A New Member Thread Starter

Lille, France
    Thanks for thise precisions. It's clearer for me now.

As lots of people i record in 24/96 as it is as easy as record in mp3, and storage is not really a problem nowadays. I convert it in redbook for my car and my phone and play 24/96 at home .
    Plan9 likes this.
  5. Turntable into phone stage, into line-in to PC desktop (XPS 8700), Audacity set at 24/48, no other mucking about.

Sounds good enough for me, playback via Audiolab M-Dac or Chord Mojo.
  6. elvisizer

elvisizer Active Member

San Jose
    Yeah, audiogate’s interface isn’t great.
    Hmmm, I see vinyl studio supports dsd! I’ll have to give it a try