Hisense 50" 4K TV $250 at Target

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Done A Ton, Dec 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Done A Ton

Done A Ton Birdbrain Thread Starter

I've had a Sharp 32" 720p TV for several years. Last Sunday afternoon out of the blue my wife says why don't you go buy a new TV before the Chiefs game comes on. Yikes! Thinking I'd get a 43" 1080p, I went online to see what deals could be had at Wal Mart, Best Buy and Target, my three local options. I was surprised to see Target had a Hisense 50" 4K model for $250. With an additional 15% off at checkout for Cyber Monday. I've read plenty of posts here that 4K is overkill on a screen this size, and I'm sure just reading the word Hisense causes Vidiot feelings of nausea. But dang, after seeing this the thought of spending more for something smaller didn't hold much appeal. I couldn't find much info on this set, model # 50cu6000, online. And it was getting too close to game time to drive into town and buy a TV.

So Monday morning at 8:00 there I am at Target. There is no display model, but the website said it was in stock. I had a clerk get one from the storeroom and headed to the checkout. I ask the clerk about the 15% and she punches that in to the register. Price is now $212.50. She asks me if I'd like an additional 5% off by applying for a Target card. I say sure, why not. After getting approval she rings it up and tells me the total will be $186.60. I'm not a smart man, but I know this is lower than it should be so I sign and head for the exit with my new boob tube. Looking at the receipt in my car, I see that after she had manually taken 15% off, the register automatically took off another 15%, and then the 5% for a pre-tax price of $171.59.

I set it up last night and I can say without a doubt that it is much better than my Sharp. I'm still fooling around with picture adjustments. I've watched a few 4k videos on the You Tube app, they looked pretty swell to my untrained eyes.

My Target shows they still have these in stock. Yours might as well. I think you could do worse than this set. Oh yeah, it has a four year warranty, three years longer than most of the other brands.
    Target : Expect More. Pay Less. »

Last edited: Dec 1, 2016
    Quadboy and Ghostworld like this.
  2. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

At a 170 bucks (or even 250) it's a no brainer as an auxiliary TV. Don't expect much in the features department, but I'm sure it's fine if you don't know the difference between HDR, FALD, WCG, CMS, OLED (or care about such things).

3. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

:righton:

Enjoy your TV, and may it live long shelf life! That's a nice deal for low price!

Done A Ton likes this.
  4. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

Sounds like the deal of the century to me!

longdist01 and Done A Ton like this.
  5. head_unit

head_unit Senior Member

Never mind the TV, I'm still stuck on
    You must have been VERY VERY good in a previous life to be reborn with such karma!

As for the TV, gonna pass that deal on to a friend.

If any members near you have another 50" PLEASE arrange a comparison viewing! I'm SO curious. I *think* one of the magazines reviews the Hisense and said it's not tip top but good for the price...which was like $400 or $500 at the time. For the price you got, YOU DA MAN!

Tell your wife she is amazing, I might have to start rooting for the Chiefs!

By the way, the deal seems gone at Target. If I Google, I see "$99" at Walmart which leads to a 3rd party seller that wants $755...

Done A Ton likes this.
  6. Done A Ton

I knew what three out of five of those were, but no, I don't care about such things. I don't even own a blu-ray player. Watching TV comes after reading books, listening to music, playing with my dogs, being outside and other things in my leisure time activities. So while this TV wouldn't cut the mustard for many here, it is plenty adequate for me.

longdist01 likes this.
  7. DigMyGroove

DigMyGroove Forum Resident

I had a Hisense TV in a hotel room I lived in for two months while away on a work project. I recall liking it a lot, the picture was far more cinematic than the high end brands where everything looked to slick and glossy like a soap opera. At time you couldn't really find the brand anywhere to buy as a regular consumer, I think Costco were the only store that haf any for sale. I'll certainly check one out when the time comes, however my 30" slimtube Samsung widescreen TV is still going strong after 10 years, not what I'd expected when I bought it.

8. Done A Ton

One year of trouble free ownership coming up. Zero regrets that I bought this TV.

longdist01 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.