HMV 'Loves Vinyl' Exclusives... UK Stores

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by yarvelling, Jun 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joe1320

joe1320 Forum Resident

Thanks I was sure the order went , but I am not surprised if they messed up.

2. Psychedelic Good Trip

Psychedelic Good Trip Beautiful Psychedelic Colors Everywhere

3. swintonlion

swintonlion Forum Resident

My order went,order number the lot ,if you email they will get back pretty quick.

4. Mistermono

Mistermono Forum Resident

It annoys me to no end that we have HMV in Canada and we can't get these LPs. I just want the Pulp records.

5. Jim B.

Jim B. Senior Member

Very interesting I agree...not sure what the relevance to this thread is though? Am I missing something?

6. Psychedelic Good Trip

Psychedelic Good Trip Beautiful Psychedelic Colors Everywhere

No not all.
    Figured the topic was concerning vinyl. Just wanted to share this intersting article. Though true it has no relevance to the OP, except dealing with vinyl.

My bad.

7. Jim B.

Jim B. Senior Member

No worries!

8. EddieT

EddieT Forum Resident

I picked up Solid Air, Let's Bop and Deep Purple In Rock. All are excellent and quiet pressings. I can't proclaim how they sound relatively as the only one I already have is a Harvest earlyish reissue of In Rock which is a bit scratchy. But I would say Solid Air sounds like a good buy. Can't claim to know the source or mastering but it sounds very very 'nice'.

9. EddieT

EddieT Forum Resident

Ditto!

The Killer likes this.
  10. culabula

culabula Unread author.

I found a fifth copy of 'Solid Air' in the window of my local HMV this morning and bought it on the spot.

This one sports the exact same scratch as all my other copies between tracks two and three on Side Two. Five copies with the same defect would point to a manufacturing error (in addition the spindle hole is far too small on each copy).

I have pointed this out to CS who, while very helpful, claim that they have received no other complaints.

Has anyone else here bought the green vinyl copy and encountered this huge tick at the point I describe above ?

11. culabula

culabula Unread author.

Brought the two copies bought instore back for a full refund this morning, without quibble. Exclusive, only 500 copies or not, green vinyl -see no point in throwing good money away on something that's less than perfect.

Have made HMV head office very aware of the issue.

12. johnnybrum

johnnybrum Forum Resident

I saw a poster instore yesterday confirming that Vinyl Week 2017 will be June 9 - 18...

Should be worth keeping an eye on. As well as the exclusives, last year they also had some good £9.99 offers (and plenty of stock of them, as well)

13. LivingForever

LivingForever Forum Arachibutyrophobic

Excellent! I have a mate who works at an HMV branch up north so maybe I can get him to leak me a list... :D

culabula, johnnybrum and autumn daze like this.
  14. joe1320

joe1320 Forum Resident

I wonder if the Bowie Hunky Dory and Ziggy Stardust Gold vinyl will be part of this year release

John Bliss likes this.
  15. LivingForever

He wouldn't. Not yet, anyway. I'll keep trying...

16. johnnybrum

hmv vinyl week 2017: exclusive vinyl editions – first reveal | hmv.com

Love vinyl? You’ll love this - vinyl week is coming back to hmv and you’ll be able to pick up some great LPs at discounted prices from Friday 9th June to Sunday 18th June, just in time for Father's Day.

And if that wasn’t enough, there’ll also be some amazing hmv exclusive coloured vinyl and an exclusive sleeve!

The hmv exclusive editions will be available on Saturday 17th June in-store only on a first-come first-served basis (while stocks last) and today we can reveal the first titles included in our vinyl line-up.

hmv vinyl week exclusive editions:

Ed Sheeran: + hmv exclusive sleeve on black vinyl (4000 copies)

The Creation: Our Music Is Red on red & purple vinyl (1000 copies)

Suede: Suede on gold vinyl (2000 copies)

Iggy Pop: The Idiot on silver vinyl (1500 copies)

Iggy Pop: Lust For Life on red vinyl (1500 copies)

Each week we’ll be revealing more of our exclusive editions so stay tuned for more announcements...

alexpop likes this.
  17. rich100

rich100 Forum Resident

Thanks, nothing of interest for me yet, hopefully will see something in the coming weeks.

18. Squiggsy68

Squiggsy68 Forum Resident

I don't need yet another copy of Suede, as fine as it is.

Could be interested in The Creation album, and possibly the Iggy x 2 - think my copies of those are pretty beaten up.

Last year was a doddle - 2 people in front of me in the 'queue' (that's NOT a queue in England..... :D) and out in 5 minutes. Could be more of a problem this year - the Brighton HMV has closed so my local store in Worthing might get more attention than usual.

19. Jim B.

Jim B. Senior Member

Does Fopp count as part of HMV?

20. Former Scientist

Former Scientist Now on wheels....

Yup. They had stacks of last years offerings...

Jim B. likes this.
  21. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Don't take HMV pure card.

22. Former Scientist

Former Scientist Now on wheels....

Went in for a copy of Deep Purples In Rock, ran all the way! ....they literally took one off a huge pile by the till....they all sold out after a few days though...

23. joe1320

joe1320 Forum Resident

Very poor list so far, love a copy of Suede on gold vinyl, if anyone in the U.K. Could pick one up for me,

24. johnnybrum

hmv vinyl week 2017: exclusive vinyl editions – second reveal | hmv.com
    You've seen the first titles included in the line-up, and today we're going to show you the second set of exclusive titles coming.

hmv vinyl week exclusive editions:

Saxon: Live To Rock - The Best Of 1991 - 2009 on black vinyl for the first time (1000 copies)

Bill Wyman: Bill Wyman on purple vinyl (1000 copies)

VA: Red Hot Boppers on 10" red vinyl for the first time (1000 copies)

The Clash: Give 'Em Enough Rope on blue vinyl (1500 copies)

Status Quo: Piledriver on blue vinyl (1500 copies)

25. LivingForever

Excellent, still nothing I want! My bank balance prays that this continues...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.