Homeland: New show on Showtime

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by kwadguy, Oct 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

What does his color have to do with it? And we don't know enough about him to know what he was thinking. Different men like different kind of women. We've never gotten any preference from him before, so I don't know that you can assume it's just cause he was drunk. I found it more tolerable than watching Carrie not give two ****s about her baby for two hours.

four sticks likes this.
  2. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

you're right, i erred in adding the "white" part, but my point remains: it was really cliche.

3. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

I just thought it was a liason of opportunity - he was drunk, she was there.

Is Frannie a Downs baby?

4. LivingForever

LivingForever Forum Arachibutyrophobic

I don't know about the U.S., but in the UK, you can buy episodes from iTunes (in HD or SD)...

5. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

No comments in a couple weeks. Is everyone asleep? Or just "sleeping with Carrie"?

6. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

I wasn't quite expecting these new developments. Carrie holed up with her recruit and ignoring the direction of her group. That abduction of Saul was slick. Nice to see Farrah developing into a real agent. Not sure where all this is going to end up, which is great.

7. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

I really liked this week's episode - probably the strongest of the season (even though the Saul development was a bit sloppy in execution, given his immense experience). Quinn's character is getting annoying, wish he'd wake up or something.

8. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

my thoughts exactly. did the ex director of the CIA think he could really just casually spy on another agent like that? sloppy writing.

9. dlemaudit

dlemaudit Forum Resident

one detail that drew my attention
    it seems the show was shot in Morocco or Algeria , Tunisia because there are so many Peugeot cars featured ( including the one holding up Saul at the checkpoint )

10. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

It was shot in South Africa - Cape Town.

11. Lonson

Right, there is a Peugot factory in South Africa I believe, or was one in the late 'Sixties and early 'Seventies when I lived in Swaziland. There are Peugots throughout Africa. We bought one in Ethiopia that was made in France, and sold it for a great price when we left Swaziland because French ones were prized in the region.

12. ChadHahn

ChadHahn Forum Resident

Farad Gazi wasn't an agent, but a thug for hire. Also, Saul tried to get somebody there to watch him but since he couldn't get anyone he had to watch the guy on his own. What was he supposed to do, let Farad disappear? Saul tried to keep his distance from him but also probably thought that since he wasn't an actual ISI agent that he might not know who the ex head of the CIA was.

Chad

13. dlemaudit

dlemaudit Forum Resident

sure but they are mainly found i thought in french speaking african countries
    anyway i doubt you can find any in Pakistan so that 's why it drew my attention
    i like this season on so far except for the boy who is getting on my nerves ..

14. Lonson

I was never in a French speaking African country. . . was in five other countries there though, and saw Peugots in each one. :) They were pretty plentiful in Africa. Personally, I would expect to see them in Pakistan every now and then.

15. rjp

rjp Senior Member

agree. he is a medical school student, he can't really be that stupid...can he?

16. dlemaudit

dlemaudit Forum Resident

poor acting as well , always pulling the same face in any situation , very limited expression

17. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

I'm happy to report that his story line was not that transparent! This week's episode was terrific, probably the best of the season so far.

Rufus McDufus and Mylene like this.
  18. RubenH

RubenH Forum Resident

My wife predicted the events with the med student, while I was shocked (she's much smarter than me).
    Question: at episode's end, when the 3 pickups each took a different direction in that fork-in-the-road, Quinn was asked, which one should the (single?) drone follow, and it appeared he was paralyzed with indecision - - didn't anyone in that command center notice exactly which car Saul was put back in?

Hawkeye, rbmitch2 and Tex_Writer like this.
  19. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

I can't remember - was Saul in the same car as the head Taliban leader? If they were in separate cars than I can see why there might be some indecision. Do you follow Saul or do you follow the target? If they were both in the same car, then yeah, they should know which car to follow, unless there was some car 'shuffling' going on to create confusion (they all looked alike).

20. misterdecibel

His fate was clear as soon as the ambassador's deadbeat husband betrayed him.

21. EddieVanHalen

EddieVanHalen Forum Resident

What you want Peugeot cars for? Peugeot and Citröen are part of the same company, PSA-Citröen. Plenty of them here in Spain, and are the most unreliable piece of crap you may never imagine. I drove a Peugeot company car over two years ago and I asked the company (theire leasing cars, not bought ones) if they could change it for a Seat Ibiza (Spanish brand onwned by Volkswagen since the late 80's, they design in Spain but use Volkswagen engines), and they did. It was quite a change, very fast and powerful engine for the price, not like Peugeot which look good and stylish, but are not reliable at all.
    My father bought a Citröen GSA Pallas back in the late 70's, it was a very advance (in some areas) and expensive car for the time, it had hydroneumatic suspension, the car was stable as hell even in Spanish dreadful roads of the 70's and 80's, you could go over a speed bump and never noticed, but at the same time it had something so phased out for a car of this price and time as air cooling, not liquid cooling. We use to go to our country-side house in Northwestern Spain (we live in Southern Spain), which is a 1200 Km driving, and my father had to stop the car because it overheated several times during the journey. It was also a very slow car, it had no reprise, it wasn't fast at accelerating, even for bad Spanish roads of the time, it was slow. And the same happened to my aunt's Peugeot 505 at the time.
    Sorry for the long off topic.[​IMG] [​IMG] (picture are not of my father's actual car, but it looked exactely the same, color included)

22. Lonson

My experience was from '66 to '71 and I was a tween and teen and the Peugeot we had was a very reliable and enjoyable car.

dlemaudit likes this.
  23. misterdecibel

One thing that is abundantly clear is that Carrie is far too reckless to be a Station Chief. I'm running out of sympathy for her "end justifies the means" methods.

24. marcb

marcb Senior Member

I think its been a good season so far. But I just watch them and enjohI don't overthink these shows like many here do
    Saul was almost certainly in the same car as the Taliban leader...otherwise they would just blasted that car as soon as they got on the road.

Not that it matters but I think the car that turned right had the Taliban leader. I believe his car was in the middle when they left the area and then it looked like the car in the back passed it just before the fork in the road and then the final car turned right at the fork.

They could have easily played the tape back and figured it out, but what fun would that be???? I mean, what's a good thriller without a few holes and leaps of logic?

25. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

It seems clear that the writers are making Carrie's character unsympathetic on purpose, which may tie in with her medication (which has suddenly gained added focus for the first time this season).

I do agree, however it could still be justifiable even if they were in different cars. Had they blown away the bad guy's car, I'm pretty sure that Saul would have been beheaded on youtube as revenge, so either way his fate would have been sealed. At least this way, they might be able to do an extraction and then blow away the bad guys.

misterdecibel likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.