Homeland: New show on Showtime

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by kwadguy, Oct 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jojopuppyfish

jojopuppyfish Senior Member

But that german guy who dumped Carrie was an awful actor so I'm glad he's gone

2. Vinyl Addict

Vinyl Addict Forum Resident

Last night was the finale? I wasn't home to watch it, but I didn't realize it was the finale.

3. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

The finale wasn't bad television, the problem is that compared to the early heights the show reached in it's earlier seasons, I'm spoiled! For me, Homeland has gone from must-see TV to I-like-it-so-I'll-DVR-it TV!;)

mmars982 and Vinyl Addict like this.
  4. Vinyl Addict

Vinyl Addict Forum Resident

5. jeffgt14

jeffgt14 Forum Resident

That finale was just a giant “tie up all the loose ends and start new.” I thought it ruined an otherwise great season.
    And if what Quinn is dead I’m officially pissed.

jwoverho and Humbuster like this.
  6. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

Too bad for Allison. I wanted to see her get away. She could have made a good foil/adversary for the future. Miranda Otto did a good job with the character.

7. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

I liked the finale ok. Quinn had to go. He's been a bit of a boat anchor for a season or two now, so I'm not sorry to see him go. No tears for Allison either. Overall, the season's been good, but not great by any means.

ex_mixer likes this.
  8. Thomas D

Thomas D Forum Resident

We don't know that Quinn is dead. Carrie could have gone through with it, but we don't know for sure. She may have taken the glimmer of light as a sign. But then again the episode title is "A False Glimmer", so who knows. The writers left themselves some options here.

9. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Yeah sure, but if the show is to have a semblance of credibility, they should have him dead. The character cannot come back and resume operations as normal, even if he doesn't die because he's had a massive brain trauma, which means permanent mental and/or physical disability, even if he ever comes out of the coma.

I guess they could have him survive in a vegetative state or something which could act as a source of motivation for Carrie next season, but I wouldn't like to see that. Best to let him go IMO.

GentleSenator likes this.
  10. ubiknik

ubiknik Forum Resident

Quinn's fate is somewhat ambiguous, but because it is a 'let's tie up the loose ends' season ender, I would tend to think that the writers haven't decided or it's obvious Quinn will be around in some form later.
    Fer cryin' out loud was killing Allison really necessary with such a well placed trap? This is supposed to make Saul look really very angry -not so sure I trust a guy to be saving the world from the bad guys, who is this despicably bad..
    They always have to over do the duality thing -if there was a way to bring her in alive I would buy that and I think they/he would in real life. As a character I thought Saul would not let that anger go that far.
    The season was decent and sucked me in but a longer or additional episode with more believable writing would be required to have called the conclusion a success.
    Who knows, maybe Allison survives and Saul couldn't find it in him to pump some more lead in her...

Last edited: Dec 22, 2015
  11. ubiknik

ubiknik Forum Resident

Bad writing?

albert_m likes this.
  12. Rufus McDufus

Rufus McDufus Forum Resident

I loved this series and though it was one of the best, but was a bit disappointed with the finale. The ambush for the car with Allison seemed a little hastily-thought out, and Saul wielding a machine gun? Nice revenge but just seems a tad unlikely. The ending of the terror incident seemed a bit of an anticlimax. It just seemed a little bit of a formulaic loose-end tier of an episode and no real twists or turns.

Gary7704 likes this.
  13. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

I was a little grossed out by During's proposal.

14. rjp

rjp Senior Member

just guessing here:

next season:

carrie gets her own division in the CIA and becomes saul's equal.

quinn lives and becomes carrie's second in command

the show moves back to the middle east or the U.S.

15. marcb

marcb Senior Member

I didn't see a machine gun in Saul's hands. My sense was that he was simply calling the shots (no pun intended).

16. Daryl M

Daryl M Senior Member

LOL!! I watched that actor, thinking....`man, that guy is a huge star waiting to happen'.

17. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

this finale was rushed and really bad. even though the show is a constant mess, i expected something more.

18. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

The story ending 5 minutes after the opening credits (which if you blinked you missed) the rest of the show was just cleaning up the mess.

The plot twist should have been Carrie and Allison were the same person but the writers weren't as smart as I am :p

misterdecibel likes this.
  19. kanno1ae

kanno1ae Forum Resident

I agree with the climax coming too soon. Last year's season finale was the same boring "tying up loose ends" show.

If Allison was Carrie's split personality, that would've been a huge disappointment, although it would've been a major plot twist. I probably would've lost interest if they took it in that direction.

20. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

Saul's men ambush Allison's car and when he opens the trunk Carrie's dead body is inside. Saul is not fazed. Credits roll. People scream at their TV set for 30 minutes straight.

Gary7704 and kanno1ae like this.
  21. kanno1ae

kanno1ae Forum Resident

Ha! Now there's an idea for the series finale.

Mylene likes this.
  22. Jose Jones

Jose Jones Outstanding Forum Member

You don't mess with the Bear!

She humiliated him and the agency for a long, long time. There was no way that Saul was going to let her have another day of potentially fooling him, the CIA, or the USA. Treason carries the death penalty and Saul was the judge, jury, and executioner.

Lonson likes this.
  23. Hexwood

Hexwood Forum Resident

Vinyl Addict likes this.
  24. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

I had hoped that it would appear sooner. But the good news is that a further two seasons have been ordered (ie, 7 & 8).

25. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Well, good news everyone. Showtime decided to drop the season 6 premiere on its streaming and on-demand platforms early, like now. Which means that you can now finally find out the fate of Quinn (hope he's dead, actually). The premiere picks up several months after the events of season five, with Carrie living in yet another foreign locale - Brooklyn...

In an Attempt to Save 2016, Showtime Has Released the Homeland Premiere Early »

GentleSenator, Brenald79 and Mylene like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.