How do you burn the audio from a DVD onto a CD?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by bartels76, May 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bartels76

bartels76 Forum Hall Of Fame Thread Starter

I've attempted this before and I couldn't figure it out. I have a Philips CD burner and a Apex DVD player. How do I hook it up so I can record the audio portion of a DVD onto CD. I want to burn the Led Zep concert DVD audio onto CD's. I've burned audio from concert VHS no problem but this DVD thing stumps me.

2. SVL

SVL Forum Resident

If these are both standalone units (not installed in a computer), you should be able to connect the analog outputs of the DVD player to the analog inputs of the CD recorder. The DVD will downmix the audio to two channels, and you should be able to record it with no problems.

I do not think you can record in the digital domain with two standalone units because of the copy protection.

3. JoelDF

JoelDF Senior Member

Yeah, the audio tracks are part of the DVD's encrypted .vob file.

You'd have to go to more nefarious areas of the internet to find out how to extract the actual Dolby Digital and/or PCM files out of it.

Otherwise, use Sergei's suggestion - it's probably easier anyway.

Joel

4. downhill

downhill Senior Member

It's not really too hard...but you need a DVD Rom in your puter.

First you need Smart Ripper..it will extract the audio from DVD's. Then you need to figure out how to use it...(there are other rippers for this as well)

Don't know if this is allowed to post this info here, but there is nothing illegal about it IF you own your DVD. :)

The info you need to do this you can find -here- as well as the free software.

If you don't have a DVD Rom in your puter, the first post is probably the easiest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.