How often do you guys listen to your systems?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Tone?, Nov 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tone?

Tone? Forum Resident Thread Starter

during the week, how often do you sit back turn on the system and enjoy?

I only have my Adam monitors now and buying more CDs.
    But the more I get good sources and have better sound the more I find myself turning off the TV pouring a good single malt and just listening to music.

I kinda can’t wait till I get some good speakers and a good amp.

So have your systems magic worn off? Do you still listen often?

Cheers!

The FRiNgE and mreeter like this.
  2. clercqie

clercqie Forum Resident

Every day! (we don't have a TV)

3. bever70

bever70 Let No-one Live Rent Free in Your Head!

Every single day (and we have a tv). Lots of times, when I'm alone at home, tv is playing without sound, while I just listen to 'the system'.

4. Guitarded

Guitarded Forum Resident

At least 2 of them get used every day.

rednedtugent, mreeter and Tone? like this.
  5. Tone?

Tone? Forum Resident Thread Starter

Ha awesome.

I find myself more and more with the tv off and the speakers on.

Don’t get me wrong. I love a food movie and some fun shows. But music is pretty damn cool to say the least.

mreeter, Floyd Crazy and gakerty like this.
  6. spartree

spartree Forum Resident

Pretty much every evening. We have also chosen not to own a TV, but of course there are some nights when we will watch a bit of Netflix on the iPad. Music is the default entertainment though, and is why I’ll always choose to have the system in a main living space rather than tucked away in a dedicated audio room.

7. Melvin

Melvin Forum Resident

Same here, every day. I have friends who only listen to music in their vehicles, if at all .. I can't even imagine.

Eigenvector, mreeter and gakerty like this.
  8. blair207

blair207 Forum Resident

i listen to mine nearly every day

mreeter likes this.
  9. drumandguitar

drumandguitar Forum Resident

Most days. I've just started working my way through Rolling Stones 500 greatest albums of all time list. Listening to a lot of stuff I wouldn't normally listen to, and probably wont ever listen to again. All good fun though.

clhboa, Jrr, mreeter and 3 others like this.
  10. MisterNines

MisterNines American

Daily and nightly.

mreeter and gakerty like this.
  11. JBStephens

JBStephens I don't "like", "share", "tweet", or CARE. In Memoriam

24/7.

mreeter likes this.
  12. Madison Mike

Madison Mike Forum Resident

Every day after work for a couple hours, helps me unwind. More on the weekends.

SirMarc, MusicNBeer, sturgus and 3 others like this.
  13. Ezd

Ezd Forum Resident

The stereo is turned on daily for a minimum of one cd or album as background music during supper... Usually about three hours a day.

mreeter likes this.
  14. DyersEve726

DyersEve726 Schmo Diggy

Everyday for at least one album, but usually four or five albums. The TV only gets turned on when one of my favorite shows has a new episode, which is usually twice a week. Big Bang/Young Sheldon on Thursdays and Bob's Burgers/Simpsons on Sundays. Stereo is also usually on during sporting events so I don't have to listen to the annoying commentators.

mreeter and Tim Irvine like this.
  15. Steve0

Steve0 Audio Banana

Every day when able but sometimes work is all consuming and it drops to weekends only

mreeter and timztunz like this.
  16. chervokas

chervokas Senior Member

Depends on the week and my job. When things get extremely busy at work, and there are late nights and early mornings at work, I might not listen at all during a week. Depends on the time of year too. In the summer at night I might like to go out on the porch and read a book or listen to a baseball game on the radio, so I might not listen as often as in the winter. Other weeks, I might fire up the system on 2 or 3 or 4 weeknights and on both weekend afternoons, but almost never 7 days a week anymore. Often it might but be just time for one album to listen to. Like, last night, I went downstairs and listened to one album then went to bed. The night before that, I didn't get home until after 9 p.m. and after dinner I didn't wind up listening to any music. The night before that I listened to one album before bed. I don't put on music as background very much. And my system is in a separate music room, so it's only on when I have the time and inclination to just sit and listen to music.

ggjjr, Fred Hansen, MackKnife and 2 others like this.
  17. Victor/Victrola

Victor/Victrola Makng shure its write

3 to 4 times a week. It depends on how busy I am with work (I have two jobs, one in an office, one is a work-from-home thing) and how much time I have to devote to listening to music. My weekends usually involve records on Saturday and CDs on Sunday. I do laundry on Sunday, and my system is in my office, which is right next to the laundry room. The washer vibrates too much for records to be played.

mreeter likes this.
  18. manxman

manxman Forum Resident

Every day. My routine is always the same: I wake up at 10.30am, get up after checking my overnight messages, listen to music whilst writing, have a bath in the late afternoon, go out for dinner, come back in the mid-to-late evening and watch TV until bedtime at 1.30am.

19. qwerty

qwerty A resident of the SH_Forums.

Having good quality music is an incentive to listen to more music - it becomes a better way to relax than the alternatives.

I would like to listen to my stereo more than I do, partly due to it being in a shared space and partly due to competing commitments I have.

nick99nack and mreeter like this.
  20. action pact

action pact Music Omnivore

That sounds like a wonderful life, so out of curiosity I checked your website:

"I'm a published novelist, advertising copywriter and former politician. I was a major contributor to the music reference books Galactic Ramble and Endless Trip and have written about music for magazines including Record Collector and Flashback."

Very very cool!

SirMarc, nick99nack, mreeter and 3 others like this.
  21. action pact

action pact Music Omnivore

I typically listen for maybe 90 minutes in the morning before work, and then I will fire up the tubes again in the evening after dinner and listen until 11PM. On Friday and Saturday nights, I'll stay up later and enjoy a beverage or two; last night I was up until 2AM.

22. Clonesteak

Clonesteak Forum Resident

I listen to one of three systems just about every day. My dedicated listening room only a few times a week. Nearly not enough dedicated listening. My wife rather watch TV in the evenings before bed. I rather listen to music before bed.
    As much as possible is my train of thought. When the family leaves the house I run to my system in the basement and my cat knows it is time to sit on the recliner and listen to some albums.

mreeter, timztunz and Floyd Crazy like this.
  23. jlykos

jlykos Forum Resident

Depends what you call a "system." Stereo in the music room, about 3-4 times a week. Headphone setup in the living room on the days that I don't fire up the stereo. And I have a set of headphones at work that I plug in whenever I get the chance between meetings. I try to listen to music every day; it just depends on what system I'm on.

nick99nack and mreeter like this.
  24. Otlset

Otlset It's always something.

Nearly seven days a week for at least a hour or so if I don't have something else I have to do, longer if things click during a session and I feel the magic.

Ironically on some days though, weekends when I can get more time, I just can't listen -- for some reason I just have to do something else. I need to actively accomplish something, chores or something, rather than passively listening sometimes.

25. Dellarigg

Dellarigg Forum Resident

The money I've spent on it, I listen every damn day.

(By most standards on here, it's not that much money. But by the standards of everyone I know in meat life, I must be insane. It's all in my profile, anyway, though I paid full price for next to none of it.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.