Hulk 2

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by RDK, Jul 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RDK

RDK Active Member Thread Starter

2. nukevor

nukevor Active Member

Hilarious! I would see Hulk 2 if they made it. Given the subject matter, they did a pretty good job with the first movie.

3. ZIPGUN99

ZIPGUN99 Active Member

The original origin story was very compelling, where Banner was irradiated while pushing Rick Jones out of the way of the gamma rays. The Hulk would be like a statue when Rick was awake, but when he slept, the Hulk would rampage. Recreate the first couple of issues of the Hulk, they couldn't go wrong!

4. davenav

davenav High Plains Grifter

I disagree. I'm a lifelong Hulk fan and I was amazed at how bad the movie was. I went back to see it again just in case I was hallucinating, I wasn't. The second hour gets a lot better, after all the psych-babble, Jennifer Connelly's display of how well she tears up before crying every three minutes, and Nick Nolte's scenery chewing. Yecch! What a wasted opportunity, especially in light of how well the Xmen and Spider-man movies were made.

BTW--just heard a rumor that Bryan Singer may direct the new Superman!! Fingers crossed!!

5. Dave D

Dave D Done!

Uncross your fingers....it's Micheal Bay (Pearl Harbour). Yuck!

6. Pug

Pug The Prodigal Snob Returns!

Ack!

Sean

7. Pug

Favorite quote from The Onion article:

First studio exec to suggest Joel Schumacher get smashed!

:D Amen!

I liked the Hulk. I thought it was surpising well done. Ang Lee did a good job. I think that Daredevil is the weakest off all of the Marvel movies!

Sean

8. Dave D

Dave D Done!

He takes over from McG (Charlies Angels).......ACK!!!!!!!

Still talking about Jude Law as Superman........ACKADACK!

9. Dave D

Dave D Done!

I liked Hulk as well. Can't bring myself to watch DD.

10. Pug

:eek:

Sean

11. davenav

davenav High Plains Grifter

To each their own! I thought Hulk was weak and that's about the worst thing you can say about The Hulk!! I will say in fairness, that once Hulk appears the movie gets much much better, with the smashing and the clobbering. But then, it's back to Freud-land. Just awful, IMO.

Daredevil, while not great, at least had a sense of humor and remembered it's comic-book origins. I'll take it! And I'm excited about the Elektra movie!!

12. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

The only thing I didn't like about the Hulk was the ending.

13. edski

edski The Road to Ed

The very end was my favorite part. Second only to me walking out of the theater. ;)
    Very disappointing coming from Ang Lee, especially after "Crouching Tiger" - I think he wanted to put his own "stamp" on the Hulk, but in the end, lost touch with the story. I did like the SFX, like the very cool scene transitions; just wish the story had been more faithful to the comic.

14. RDK

You obviously never saw the cheapo Fantastic Four film that was made (but not released) a few years back. :D

15. JohnG

JohnG PROG now in Dolby ATMOS!

The Hulk visually looked very good, almost HD-like at times in the theater.

Thats why I bought the DVD.

16. Ken_McAlinden

Well, yeah, the little coda was great, but I was talking about the interminable sequence featuring the confrontation between Banner and his father. The film would have been better if they let that thread dangle until the sequel and just cut from the end of the rampage in San Francisco to the coda en Español. I bet dollars to donuts that the studio pressured Lee to have a big battle at the end and that sequence was the result.

Regards,

17. fjhuerta

fjhuerta New Member

Weird... I actually enjoyed DD, but had to leave the theatre with a couple of my friends because we were all snoring during Hulk... :confused:

18. Ken_McAlinden

For my part, Daredevil was always my favorite comic as a kid, so the movie was never going to be good enough for me. That being said, I found the movie to be just another action movie with none of what made the comic and its characters special. I thought Michael Clarke Duncan as the Kingpin was inspired casting, but did not like the character as written.

Regards,

19. RDK

no comment... ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.