I didn't know that!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Sean Keane, Apr 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soupy94

Soupy94 New Member

No one messes with Chuck Norris.

If you have five dollars and Chuck Norris has five dollars, Chuck Norris has more money than you.
    There is no 'ctrl' button on Chuck Norris's computer. Chuck Norris is always in control.
    Apple pays Chuck Norris 99 cents every time he listens to a song.
    Chuck Norris can sneeze with his eyes open.
    Chuck Norris can eat just one Lay's potato chip.
    Chuck Norris is suing Myspace for taking the name of what he calls everything around you.
    Chuck Norris destroyed the periodic table, because he only recognizes the element of surprise.
    Chuck Norris can kill two stones with one bird.

[​IMG]

ruben lopez likes this.
  2. tomd

tomd Senior Member

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

3. Sean Keane

Sean Keane Pre-Mono record collector In Memoriam Thread Starter

According to this book, Colonel Tom Parker had dressed as Santa Claus for more than one Frank Sinatra Christmas party.

Attached Files:

• 050.JPG
      050.JPG
      File size:
      16.8 KB
      Views:
  4. Dennis Metz

Dennis Metz Born In A Motor City south of Detroit

Adolf Hitler invented Rock and Roll!:cheers:

Attached Files:

5. GowG

GowG Forum Resident

looooooool

6. thgord

thgord In Search of My Next Euphoric Groove

The city of Windsor Ontario (Canada) is south of Detriot MI.

7. swandown

swandown Under Assistant West Coast Forum Resident

Mickie Most was in New York City in June 1967 and he hired some session musicians to record a backing track to "Ha Ha Said The Clown". The musicians included Rick Nielsen (organ), Al Gorgoni (guitar), Joseph Macho Jr. (bass) and Bobby Gregg (drums). When Most returned to London he convinced Keith Relf to add vocals to it and it was subsequently released as a Yardbirds record (even though no Yardbirds actually played on it).

8. vonwegen

vonwegen Forum Resident

Speaking of "Colonel Tom Parker", I never knew his real name was Andreas Cornelis ("Dries") van Kuijk and that he was an illegal alien in the United States, a fact that helps explain why Elvis never toured outside the States... :shh:

9. -Alan

-Alan Senior Member

Carole King and the Cookies did backup vocals on Little Eva's Loco-Motion.

It's more widely known that:

http://www.songfacts.com/detail.php?id=1168

10. Dennis Metz

Dennis Metz Born In A Motor City south of Detroit

and is south of all or part of 22 states!:cheers:

11. Drawer L

Drawer L Forum Resident In Memoriam

:confused:I thought the story was that it was recorded in England,where Nielsen(and Petterson) went.right after graduating High School.His parents owned a music store,and (somehow or another),that was his "IN" for the session.(Anybody have Ken Sharp's book to confirm??--That's where I read it...)

12. Legendary jazz sax player Dexter Gordon is godfather to Metallica drummer Lars Ulrich.

13. Skip Reynolds

Skip Reynolds Legend In His Own Mind

I found this bit of recently-in-the-news mildly interesting:

For the last few years of his life, Walter Cronkite's companion was opera singer Joanna Simon, who is Carly's older sister.

14. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

Ants have as good a sense of smell as dogs.

15. -Alan

-Alan Senior Member

Ants also smell better than dogs (at least some dogs that I've come across). ;)

16. torcan

torcan Forum Resident

I'm aware of spelling differences between US, Canada and Europe, but one I didn't know until recently (because I'd never really seen it before) is this - in the US and Canada, we spell many words with "ize" (apologize, realize, authorize, summarize, organize), where as in Europe they spell them "ise" (realise).

Being brought up in Toronto, I was always taught to spell them "ize", but being that we have a lot of European immigrants to our city, lately I've been seeing "ise" a lot from people who were born overseas. Never really saw it before.

17. etzeppy

etzeppy Forum Resident

I assume it is reasonably well known that Meat Loaf replaced Derek St. Holmes as lead vocalist for approximately half the tracks on Ted Nugent's "Free-for-All" album. Meat Loaf was mostly unknown at the time and St. Holmes returned after the album was released for the subsequent tour. In all of the interviews, bio's, and Behind The Music type shows I have seen about both artists, I have never heard either one mention it. I find that odd.

18. Mike D'Aversa

Mike D'Aversa Senior Member

Did you know that Johnny Carson often claimed to not to know things. I think he even had a catchline for it. If only I could remember what that was...

19. BITBANGER

BITBANGER Senior Member

Adolph Hitler played VIBES, not comb for the Bonzo Dog Band.

20. Mr Sam

Mr Sam "...don't look so good no more"

:bigeek:

21. Emberglow

Emberglow Senior Member

Ryko is a Japanese word meaning "sound from a flash of light."

ruben lopez likes this.
  22. Sean Keane

Sean Keane Pre-Mono record collector In Memoriam Thread Starter

From Wikipedia regarding THE HUES CORPORATION

The group's name was a pun on the Hughes Corporation, with the 'hue' being the group's African-American heritage. The original choice for the group's name was The Children of Howard Hughes, which their record label turned down.

23. Matthew B.

Matthew B. Scream Quietly

Really? I'm a native Torontonian, and I spell all those words -ise. Of course -ize is extremely common there too.

Not quite. Raikō (pronounced "ryko") means "lightning," but if you wanted to talk about the sound of a thunderclap or somesuch you'd use another word (most likely raimei or kaminari).

24. andy749

andy749 Senior Member

Jon Lord plays piano on the Kinks' "You Really Got Me".

25. Soupy94

Soupy94 New Member

ZZ Top is known as Zed Zed Top in Canada. British pronunciation thing... :laugh:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.