DCC Archive I Get Around

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Sckott, Nov 13, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only. Thread Starter

This is sort-of-a different mix of the Beach Boys "I Get Around" from a Newsgroup poster on Usenet. Listen and let me know what you think.

It's 160/44 MP3, 2.6 meg, easier for dial-uppers. Comments? Steve, You're invited to chime in. Most of all of you know a lot more about the Wilsons than I do. Enjoy it anyway. This guy did "Dance Dance Dance" (control room banter included) and "Do You Wanna Dance" in the same way.

2. Joel Cairo

Joel Cairo Video Gort / Paiute Warrior Staff

To be honest, I always figured that the inclusion of these "tracking session" versions by Mark Linnett & Co. was to invite us (slyly) to do this sort of thing in the first place.

The vocal (mono version) track needs to be further forward in the mix, but otherwise it's not too bad... he generally managed to avoid the noticeable sync slippage that's common with these kind of "combo overlay" versions.

-Kevin

[ November 13, 2001: Message edited by: Joel Cairo ]

3. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only. Thread Starter

Exactly. ;)

4. lukpac

lukpac Senior Member

This one isn't bad, but I've got a version that is *really* great, IMO. Not quite as wide (since the vocal/mono track is higher in the mix), but great balance and zero sync problems. The vocals are also more "alive" than on the version posted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.