I Love The Intruders-Don't You?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Luvtemps, Sep 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luvtemps

Luvtemps Forum Resident Thread Starter

You know,one of the greatest soul groups ever were the Intruders out of Philadelphia not mentioned much here but right there with the best of em...with[Little Sonny Brown]on lead they cranked em out-Come Home Soon-But You Belong To Me-Jack Be Nimble-United-Together-Love Is Like A Baseball Game-This Is My Love Song-Friends No More-Check Yourself-When We Get Married-Cowboys To Girls-Sad Girl-A Love That's Real-Me Tarzan You Jane-A Nice Girl Like You, and many more-just a shout out to a great soul group!

Bradfinger likes this.
  2. I've never heard of them!

bobc likes this.
  3. Luvtemps

Luvtemps Forum Resident Thread Starter

Ok Dudley my brother-look em up and listen.

4. Bradfinger

Bradfinger Forum Resident

Love them! Took me forever to find a nice copy of the Cowboys To Girls album, but so glad I did! Wonderful group!

5. John DeAngelis

John DeAngelis Senior Member

"Cowboys to Girls" is fantastic!

6. CliffL

CliffL Forum Resident

It's about time the Intruders got some props! I have about eight of their singles....I would have more if I had been able to track them down. One of the great Philly groups! Their lead singer Sammy Brown sometimes sounded a little off key but that made their songs all the more endearing. I became acquainted with many of their songs on the XPRS radio station circa 1979, also another radio show on KPFA called "Cruisin' With Crazy Carl and Loony Lenny" that originated in Eugene Oregon. Here's one of my faves by the Intruders from 1971, "I Bet He Don't Love You (Like I Love You).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.