I need good LP Outer sleeves

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by akb88, Feb 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stenway

stenway Forum Resident

anyone was try any of this two japans:

1. http://www.ebay.com/itm/100-Vinyl-R...Sleeves-For-12-LP-Made-in-Japan-/161084695417
    a. (looks good for double vinyl too and looks a little different (same japan letter but in black not purple like musicdirect) that like I say glue
    dont match with the flap, http://www.musicdirect.com/p-7203-japanese-resealable-lp-outer-sleeves-100.aspx?source=igodigital& )
    b. are the same than this http://www.elusivedisc.com/100-PACK-JAPANESE-RESEALABLE-OUTER-RECORD-SLEEVES/productinfo/JPNOUTERLP/ ????

and what about this?
    2. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370727557933

any help on that japan's?

2. RelayerNJ

RelayerNJ Forum Resident

i bought a pack of the 5 mil from acoustic sounds and think they're great. Although pricey, I think I want to convert all my records to these sleeves. Crystal clear, fits double lps, nice thickness.

3. stenway

stenway Forum Resident

good but Im looking with FLAP, I dont like with open mouth.
    the sleevecity 5.0 are really good to but the sleeve with flap are bad...

4. RelayerNJ

RelayerNJ Forum Resident

Yeah, but the flap is a pain. It can annoyingly stick to the lp jacket and they are flimsy. Load your records from the top and there's no problem.

5. stenway

stenway Forum Resident

I understand what you say but I can take the time to open and close slowly.
    load from the top (or any other side open) = get dust inside + possible damage + side spine read unclear for the match with 2 layers plastic

6. RelayerNJ

RelayerNJ Forum Resident

But flimsy quality=ring wear. God, we are geeks!

Aftermath likes this.
  7. stenway

stenway Forum Resident

haha lol yes... a lot details for a sleeve... but well they keep or gems ;)

flimsy quality? Blakes are so good not filmsy at all but not as heavy as the 5mil (I think 3mil is enough)
    Blake's material is "Biaxially Oriented Polypropylene (BOPP)" (I dont know what is that, but is too clear and shiny) is hard explain in words or pics but try this picture: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7t888t43ssdehug/DSC0620333333jpg

RelayerNJ likes this.
  8. RelayerNJ

RelayerNJ Forum Resident

Well, go for it, and report back :)

9. stenway

stenway Forum Resident

that's my picture with Blackes; like I say in previous post are almost perfect, shiny, perfect size, etc... only downside on the flaps is glue is heavy and some residues stay in the flap, but if you like wit NO flap, also are available.

RelayerNJ likes this.
  10. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

I remember HmV used to stock thick PVC ones. My local record store just has thin ones too baggy, not tight enough ...and cloudy.
    Love the smell of new PVC outers first thing in the morning. :)

Last edited: Jul 10, 2014
    RelayerNJ likes this.
  11. elgreco

elgreco Groove Meister

These are the ones I like best - thick and sturdy. Seems to me they offer more protection than the thin and baggy ones that seem to be available everywhere.

Back in the day (I'm talking 70s and 80s now) those sturdy PVC jackets seemed to be the norm. I still have a lot of them, but apart from second hand stores they seem to be harder to come by nowadays.

12. alexpop

One of my visits to london late 90s I believe HMV sold 5 per packet for 1 pound expensive but good quality. Those baggy new outers are at best useless.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2014
  13. alexpop

My last trip to london I found a shop "sisters Rays "selling them individually for 50 pence.Inflation.

14. My dealer has his own made locally. They can be a a little tight on some gatefolds, but I've been pleased with them. I should be pleased...he usually gives them to me for free.

15. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 Forum Resident

16. alexpop

800g is that the thickest PVC outer?

17. stenway

stenway Forum Resident

No use PVC, for me is the worst material... use Mylar!

I try a lot!!! brands, almost everything that I see online from stores, ebay etc... still not find the perfect one!
    I do my last try, but I feel that will be the best, I have a good idea (I think...)
    updates soon!

18. stenway

stenway Forum Resident

19. alexpop

Mylar ' is used in Quad EsL57's expensive indeed.

20. alexpop

Imo i've never had any problems with PVC outers. Easy access ' putting/taking records from shelve.

21. The Entertainer

The Entertainer Forum Resident

I just use the 3mm poly bags that my local Hastings sells. They say "Vinyl Styl" on the front and seem to do pretty well for me, although I wouldn't recommend any other "Vinyl Styl" products

Licorice pizza likes this.
  22. Licorice pizza

Licorice pizza Livin’ On The Fault Line

I buy mine at my local record shop, 10 for $3. I occasionally get the 50 pack at Urban Outfitters. They all fit perfectly.

23. stenway

stenway Forum Resident

http://www.amazon.com/Vinyl-Styl-Pr...m_sbs_e_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=0CH5MHP6ABJMCX85KVE0

I dont know that ones...

the most perfect sleeve that I know is the Blake sleeves... very discuss on video on youtube, the size is perfect (sized in detailed by Blake) but is not Mylar... I want the same size and quality of blakes but with Mylar, like comics collectors.

24. Raving Russell

Raving Russell Forum Resident

Don't sniff that PVC! It's releasing phthalates. These compounds will make you less of a man! They are compounds used as plasticisers to help make the PVC flexible. What you are smelling is the release of these compounds. They mimic female hormones and will literally make you less of a man. GET RID of your PVC now. This isn't a joke btw.

25. stenway

stenway Forum Resident

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.