I Robot

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by JohnG, Jul 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John Oteri

John Oteri New Member In Memoriam

In case you and the Mrs. were curious...when you stopped watching Nightfall halfway through---YOU DIDN'T MISS A THING. In fact, you saved an hour of your life that I ended up wasting. It wasn't just that it wasn't easy to transfer this story to film...if they would have actually made a movie on the story of Nightfall it would have been okay...but they drifted off into one totally assanine subplot that resembled the original story even far less than Soylent Green and Harrison's original story "Make Room." In short, it sucked.

2. poweragemk

poweragemk Old Member

Wait until they tackle the "Foundation" series. If ever there was a book/series ill-suited to a 2 hour film format...:eek:

3. John Oteri

You're so right about that one. But what if they made a TV series about it. Could it be any worse than what they did to Harlan Ellison's Starlost. You had to be in Canada in the 70s to have seen that drek. But the Foundation trilogy makes the forwards and backwards prequels and sequels of Star Wars seem so natural. Of course, you had to pick the most complicated book in the world! :agree:

4. Khorn

Khorn Dynagrunt Obversarian

It was sooooo bad it went all the way around the bend and became watchable. :D :D Loved that yotz on the computer screen "Can I be of assistance?"

It even drove one of the stars (Robin Ward) to becoming a TV weather man. Now that's REAL BAD

5. John Oteri

A weather man in Ontario. Yeeesh. That is extreme, eh? ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.