I'm going to master Ten Years After "A Space In Time" today for AF Gold CD...

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Steve Hoffman, Apr 20, 2011.

1. Claus

Claus Senior Member

I miss the magic midrange :shake:

2. klonk

klonk Forum Resident

Great:)

3. Claus

Claus Senior Member

Take the standard CD... one of the best EMI remasters IMO.

4. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

I was listening this morning, while you were grabbing it. :laugh: That's okay, I'm hunting the original vinyl now. Sending you a PM w/more info.

5. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

This is why I never complain when a second audiophile version is released (Abraxas comes to mind). Give the people a second chance to get one without having to pay MMF2 or Roundabout EBay prices.

6. Shoe

Shoe Forum Resident

Great Album :thumbsup:

7. ubsman

ubsman Active Member

Best Q8 ever.

8. rstamberg

rstamberg Senior Member

I don't think I've ever heard this album before. I hope it's got that great song (not "I'm Going Home") that I hear on the radio all the time (Maybe it's called something like "I'd Love To Change The World"). Since I'm AF Gold Club member #220, it'll be interesting getting a super-sounding disc I don't have or know very well at all.

9. street legal

street legal Senior Member

I understand where you're coming from. I have a hard time plunking down $50 or $60 for a single CD as well. However, in this case you are getting two very solid albums by a great band & it CAN be had for a fair price if you are patient. I scored a mint copy on Ebay about 2 or 3 years ago for $38, which is about $19 per album. Not bad at all. And I've seen quite a few since then sell in the $35 - $45 range. Granted, MOST copies sell for quite a bit more, but again, if you are patient this disc can be had in the $40 range.

10. PH416156

PH416156 Alea Iacta Est

I have never heard this album and only know I'd love to change the world. But, I'm listening to some tracks via youtube and I like what I've heard so far.

11. grbl

grbl Just Lurking

Fantastic. A great album. Definitely looking forward to this one.

12. fantgolf

fantgolf Forum Resident

:righton:

13. Marvin

Marvin Senior Member

That's its name and it is on the album. And it's definitely the best song on the album, though, as I recall, there are a couple of songs that are almost as good.

14. vinyldreams

vinyldreams Forum Resident

ILTCTW alone is reason enough to pick this one up.

15. Dave B

Dave B Senior Member

Another good choice! I have enjoyed the BGO release but I suspect the AF version will nudge it off the shelf. Thanks for the upate Steve. I'll start saving my milk money again.

16. O Don Piano

O Don Piano Senior Member

I pulled out my LP, the one without the white border surrounding the back cover, a month or so ago. My sister used to play this album years ago, and when I told her I listened to it the first time in ages, she didn't seem to remember it! It's a great album, recorded apparently while Alvin Lee was getting off heroin. At least the lyrics reflect that. "I've Been There Too" is a great song about getting over. The album features more acoustic guitar than most TYA albums, hence 'I'd Love To Change The World' (yes a few lyrics are rather unfortunate). All in all I am looking forward too a great sounding version of an overlooked album.

17. Ski Bum

Ski Bum Happy Audiophile

Good choice. I wish AF would do this one for vinyl. It's hard to find an original in nice shape.

18. rstamberg

rstamberg Senior Member

Cool. I've always loved the song, never bought it (or even downloaded it).

19. Khojem

Khojem Forum Resident

Doesn't I'd Like To Change the World differ in its LP and single mix forms? Bonus track possibility? :)

20. jamesmaya

jamesmaya Senior Member

Wheeeee! This is great news! There's a teaser of what Steve could do with this album with the ILTCTW track on the DCC Golden Age of Underground Radio (Tom Donahue) cd.

21. Roninblues

Roninblues 猿も木から落ちる。

But a first audiophile verson allows a greater number the chance at the current price. ;)

22. pronghorn

pronghorn Forum Resident

I wish I was a quarter century older

Then I could actually enjoy Audio Fidelity's releases.

23. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

It was a best-selling album of TYA.:righton:

24. David P. Hill

David P. Hill Forum Resident

Does anybody have an idea what maybe the tenative release date of Ten Years After's AF, "A Space In Time?"

25. appledan

appledan Resident Rockist

This is good news. Always loved Ten Years After; a very underrated blues-rock band. It'd be nice if AF did Stonedhenge at some point as well.