Integra DTR vs Yamaha HTR

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by DTB300, Apr 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DTB300

DTB300 Forum Resident Thread Starter

Hopefully I am posting this in the right forum...

Still looking for a Home Theater Receiver. At my local SS, they have been pushing an Integra DTR 6.4 at me. But recently I have seen a Yamaha HTR-5790 come on the market.

Are the Integra DTR and the Yahama HTR series basically the same? Apples to Apples? Or are the two completely differente in quality and performance? The Integra is 6.1 while the Yamaha is 7.1. Integra offers 100 x 6/wpc while the Yamaha offers 110 x 7/wpc so no biggie there, other than the Yamaha is 7.1 already.

My wife is into the Surround Sound modes (we used to own a old DSP by Yamaha) and I think the Yamaha does this, so that may be learning me toward that way. You know the old "WAF"

I am looking at a receiver mostly for Movie playback sound from my Denon 2200 DVD. I may also try to play SACD from Denon through the HTR for some surround experience. But again I plan on mostly using it for Movie surround.

Any comments on the above? BTW, the Yamaha is a lower cost and BB has 12 months no interest on it now.

Thanks,
    Dan

2. grx8

grx8 Senior Member

I´ve red that Yamaha sounds better in watching movies. Don´t know if it´s true or how much better is it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.