Iron Maiden "Book Of Souls--Live Chapter" coming November 17, 2017

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by The Hud, Sep 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

I feel the same way, but the one upside is that I can do an audio rip that will sound better than the CD. It's what I did for Rock In Rio and Maiden England. Not sure I was able to stomach viewing RIR more than once, but I have a nice DR10 digital copy of it as an album at least.

warewolf95 and slipkid like this.
  2. HankM

HankM Senior Member

Looking forward to receiving my triple vinyl this Friday!

johnny q likes this.
  3. Psychedelic Good Trip

Psychedelic Good Trip Beautiful Psychedelic Colors Everywhere

This video is so cool. Can't wait to get deluxe set in mail.

rock4ev and Jeff Kent like this.
  4. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

I got my deluxe-cd and 3lp just a moments ago..gonna spin those whenever got the time.

5. PJayBe

PJayBe Forum Resident

DeLuxe CD waiting when I got home from work. After giving my eyesight a good workout I found Disc One and am playing now!!!!

6. Psychedelic Good Trip

Psychedelic Good Trip Beautiful Psychedelic Colors Everywhere

YEAHHHHHH!!! Up the irons!!

Adam Bosman likes this.
  7. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

The vinyl sounds good, of what I have so far listened to it. In fact got plenty of good music to listen to now, you know friday and new purchases to check it and listen to..Good times!

jimhb and Opeth like this.
  8. Jeff Kent

Jeff Kent Forum Resident

Trying to decide if I want to head to Wal-Mart tonight to see if they have the deluxe edition with the Eddie...

9. The Hud

The Hud Breath of the Kingdom, Tears of the Wild Thread Starter

You might want to call or check online before you go. My Walmart didn't have any version of it in stock. I asked an associate, and it was still listed as a pre-order in their system.

10. HankM

HankM Senior Member

Been listening to it on Tidal in MQA, sounds very good but waiting for my postman to deliver the vinyl today!

coffeetime likes this.
  11. KDubATX

KDubATX A Darby Man Never Says When

My vinyl is already packed back up for return. None of the glue binding on the jacket held together. Anyone else have that issue? I am having it replaced with another copy, so here is hoping it’s a good one.

HankM, MadCajun, Opeth and 1 other person like this.
  12. warewolf95

warewolf95 Forum Resident

At least the original unedited TV broadcast of RIR is available out there. Much more watchable, lol. :)

13. Maidenpriest

Maidenpriest Setting the controls for the heart of the sun :)

Don't bother its a compressed mess :(

14. Simon_LDT

Simon_LDT Forum Resident

It's not great but could be worse. I didn't expect a dynamic release considering past Maiden releases from the last 20 years. I've only played disc 1 (CD) so far and it's alright. I'm not a huge fan of songs from multiple shows as there is sound differences between songs. The compression is bearable and overall the mix is ok but it does fluctuate at times (H's guitar is low in the mix most of the time, hi-hats are a bit overpowering in spots, bass guitar a bit weak sounding). It's no worse than any of the live albums since 2000, I just wish the sound was more consistent throughout.

Curious to know how the LP compares (CB mastered?).

Maidenpriest likes this.
  15. CBackley

CBackley Chairman of the Bored

YES. Same problem here. The jacket was completely unglued. I’ve never encountered that before. I ordered it from Amazon, so a replacement is on the way.

HankM, KDubATX and Opeth like this.
  16. Opeth

Opeth Forum Resident

Mine did the exact same thing, I actually peeled the 3rd panel off myself since it was so easy to do. I'll glue it up and fix it, as long as the 3 slabs are OK :) no dings cornercrushes or seam splits amazingly just weak glue lol

MadCajun and KDubATX like this.
  17. MadCajun

MadCajun Forum Resident

NO! Damn! Mine is coming in tomorrow, I hope it fairs better!

18. SizzleVonSizzleton

SizzleVonSizzleton The Last Yeti

I'm not buying this one. I just know I won't ever listen to it and I'm not that much of a completest any more.

I can't help but wonder if they are planning a quick turn around release of a video from the 2018 Legacy of the Beast tour and that's why this new concert is free online and not available in hard copy.

Vinyl Fan 1973 likes this.
  19. head_unit

head_unit Senior Member

Well, kinda. An awful LOT of releases, but of the same tours with the same setlists.* Cash grab? Copyright preservation? What's up with this?!?!

*Now for E.L.P., and Rainbow, the performances quite differ night-on-night even with the same setlist. How about those YES shows?

20. head_unit

head_unit Senior Member

"Whose rack
    has your back been
    on top of?
    Whose heart
    Did you rip out,
    I wonder?
    Did you scream when
    your entrails were ripped asunder?"
    etc etc
    :pineapple:
    Imagine, Maiden putting out a "Bollywood Version" of their next CD! o_O

coffeetime likes this.
  21. porotikos

porotikos Porotikos

can you post some pictures mate? Id like to see the problem to fully grasp it. Cheers

22. PJayBe

PJayBe Forum Resident

......and yet my pre-ordered copy came out at £19.79 despite showing £10 on Wednesday. Email sent........

23. Kiss73

Kiss73 Forum Resident

My pre-order got charged at the £10. I took a screen print of the lower price incase there was any issues....if you need me to I can PM it to you.

PJayBe likes this.
  24. PJayBe

PJayBe Forum Resident

Yes please if you could. That would be great.

25. PJayBe

PJayBe Forum Resident

I was showing the missus the two discs and pointing out the issues I had working out from the small print which was disc 1 & disc 2 and she had a look herself and laughed. She had spotted the main colours of the artwork on each disc and said,

"red lorry, yellow lorry!!!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.