Is there anyone you want to see in concert that you haven't seen yet?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by agaraffa, May 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ConnieGuitar

ConnieGuitar Here in my balloon...

I know there was a similar thread last year sometime...I've been incredibly lucky with seeing many folks over the years, including those who don't/didn't perform live too often like Tom Waits and Kate Bush, and those no longer with us like Johnny Cash and Nina Simone.

Think about the only people at this point I'd really love to see but haven't managed to yet are David Bowie, Stevie Wonder and Grace Jones.

Chris DeVoe likes this.
  2. Crispy Rob

Crispy Rob Cat Juggler

I forgot to mention Blur and Gorillaz. Hopefully Blur will tour the US again soon, and I'll be able to remedy the former.

3. Licorice pizza

Licorice pizza Livin’ On The Fault Line

Yeah, but sadly Miles Davis, Freddie Mercury and the KOP are no longer with us. :cry:

4. fuse999

fuse999 Forum Resident

Steven Wilson, I've seen Porcupine Tree several times, but never Steven solo.

5. LSP2003

LSP2003 Senior Member

ELO tops my list for sure. Nothing could come close.

6. soundfanz

soundfanz Forum Resident

I would love to see PJ Harvey live. That girl rocks better than any other female getting around at the minute. IMO :)

cgw likes this.
  7. Jasonb

Jasonb Forum Resident

Exactly. Still can't believe I haven't seen them and had every LP. Saw Scorpions and Motorhead in the early days but not IM. Next time.

warewolf95 likes this.
  8. warewolf95

warewolf95 Forum Resident

I'm so pissed. I had the chance to see them in 2010 and in 2012.

Until recently, I lived in Panama City, FL far away from anywhere that acts normally play (Pensacola, if I was REALLY lucky).

In 2010 Maiden played in Tampa. My sister lives in Tampa. Good floor seats were 60 bucks. My parents would'nt let me take the time from school....
    In 2012 Maiden played in Atlanta. Me and some friends almost went but couldn't afford to miss school again (end of year finals, etc.)

sigh.....

Jasonb likes this.
  9. RBtl

RBtl Forum Resident

Kate Bush. I have a feeling it will never happen. I was actually in London for her last concert in October, but there was no way on Earth to get a ticket. They had sold out in 15 minutes when they went on sale.

Then, totally coincidentally, I found myself in The Gate, a restaurant right next door to the Hammersmith Odeon on the night of the concert, surrounded by excited ticket holders, hearing Kate's music over the sound system all through dinner - with a pair of Fulham vs. Bolton tickets in my own pocket - wishing for all I was worth that somebody might want to trade. Fat bloody chance.

10. Aardvark23

Aardvark23 Forum Resident

Tom Waits

Dennis0675 likes this.
  11. skybluestoday

skybluestoday Forum Resident

So strange -- I saw Ornette Coleman twice in 1993. Specifically, the two occasions he jammed with The Grateful Dead. Priceless memories.

Hot Ptah likes this.
  12. majoyenrac

majoyenrac Forum Resident

The ten still alive and performing acts I'd love to see in order:

1. Tom Waits
    2. Radiohead
    3. Neil Young
    4. Ryan Adams

13. Davido

Davido ...assign someone to butter your muffin?

I'll name the only one for me of any importance, since she's not on anyone else's list:
    Marianne Faithfull

Doesn't tour in the U.S. very extensively at all, and certainly not in the South.

DesertHermit and ConnieGuitar like this.
  14. markbrow

markbrow Forum President

I've been lucky enough to see everyone I wanted to see, with a few exceptions:

The Beatles (duh....and I could have been at the Hollywood Bowl or Dodger Stadium if my parents hadn't been so...anti-music at that time. The fact that they loved the Beatles by '68 is a drag).
    Bill Withers
    The Doors (only for historic purposes... I really don't care)
    Led Zeppelin (damn you John Bonham!)
    Elvis, of course (my own fault)
    Frank Sinatra (again, my own fault)
    Original Pink Floyd (again, my own fault)
    Talking Heads (again, my own fault -- I could have been at the Stop Making Sense shows but went skiing instead)
    George Harrison (a surprise guest at a concert that I was too sick to attend)
    Springsteen '78 (seen him a million times since, but didn't bother to catch the Darkness tour. D'oh!)

15. Kevin j

Kevin j The 5th 99

16. Say It Right

Say It Right Not for the Hearing Impaired

Surprised that Joe Jackson's name has come up a few times. While he'd probably would have been great to see live, the best time would've been around 1986.

17. Davido

Davido ...assign someone to butter your muffin?

Nah, Joe Jackson is a terrific musician and not to be missed, even this "late" in the game. He's still worth a trip even.

18. Chris DeVoe

Chris DeVoe RIP Vickie Mapes Williams (aka Equipoise)

Seconded! A few years back, he did a co-headlining tour with Todd Rundgren and the string quartet Ethel. I'm a huge Todd fan, and honestly Joe blew Todd off the stage.

Davido likes this.
  19. Om

Om Make Your Own Kind Of Music

Black Sabbath!

20. Chris DeVoe

My wife and I were very lucky to see her doing an evening of Kurt Weill songs with the Chicago Symphony Orchestra.

21. ConnieGuitar

ConnieGuitar Here in my balloon...

Been fortunate enough to see her three times and it would've been four bar her cancelling her tour late 2013 due to her broken back.

I really hope you get the chance to see her as she is *marvelous* live. I doubly hope so as I'm in the South now myself and would absolutely travel to see her again! Especially as "Give My Love To London" is one of her best albums in years.

DesertHermit likes this.
  22. wwaldmanfan

wwaldmanfan Born In The 50's

I never got to see some of my idols, like Lightnin' Hopkins, Howlin' Wolf, Muddy Waters, Otis Redding, or Ray Charles, but, reading through this list, and looking at my music library, I realize how blessed I have been.

Among others, I got to see Albert Collins, The Animals, Aretha Franklin, B.B. King, Bill Monroe, Black Sabbath, Bobby Blue Bland, Beach Boys, Bonnie Raitt, Booker T. & The MG's, The Cars, Charles Brown, Chicago, Chris Hillman, Chuck Berry, Clarence Gatemouth Brown, Commander Cody, Dan Hicks, David Bromberg, David Lindley, Dion, Doc Watson, Dr. John, Graham Parker & The Rumour, Grateful Dead, Gregg Allman, Hot Tuna, Humble Pie, Ian Dury, Iron Butterfly, J. Geils Band, James Brown, Jefferson Airplane, Jerry Lee Lewis, Jethro Tull, Jimi Hendrix, Joe Cocker, Joe Jackson, John Fogerty, John Hammond, John Hiatt, Johnny Copeland, Junior Brown, Led Zeppelin, Leon Russell, Little Feat, Little Richard, Lou Reed, Lovin' Spoonful, Mountain, Neville Brothers, Nick Lowe, Paul Butterfield Blues Band, Paul Simon, Peter Green, Pink Floyd, The Police, Pretenders, Procol Harum, Quicksilver, Ralph Stanley, Ramones, Ricky Scaggs, Robert Cray, Rockpile, Roger McGuinn, Rolling Stones, Ruth Brown, Savoy Brown, Simon & Garfunkel, Small Faces, Steve Miller, Talking Heads, Ten Years After, Tom Petty, Vanilla Fudge, and Van Morrison.

davers and Dennis0675 like this.
  23. Dennis0675

Dennis0675 Hyperactive!

I'm going to the stones tomorrow night. I've never seen them before.

24. Chris DeVoe

You should have tried. There was a line at the venue for tickets - turn-backs and others. We saw the show with a friend and he decided he had to see it again the next night, waited in the line and was able to get in.

25. BigSur32

BigSur32 Forum Resident

The Stone Roses
    Talking Heads
    Pearl Jam
    The Police
    Pink Floyd (reunited)
    Radiohead
    CSN&Y (reunited)
    Van Morrison

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.